Project Suzi - K_R's new play-toy.

The forum to show off your ride - cars, motorbikes, trucks or other vehicles. Read the rules before posting your ride.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Project Suzi - K_R's new play-toy.

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Bought this last night for AU$800:

A 1984 Suzuki Sierra LWB.

It's going to become my new project as a 4WD machine. Needs a bit of work done to the bodywork and interior but mechanically it's A1, except for a minor oil leak. At the moment it runs a 1.0L carb'd I4, if it's truly necessary I can always swap that out for a bit more power as it's lacking in that respect (with a headwind its top speed is about 80km/h), but otherwise nothing needs to be done in that area.

The bodywork, on the other hand, needs a bit of an overhaul. The paint is starting to fade and bubble pretty much all over the body and canopy, and the front windscreen surround needs to be redone as it seems it was simply made from polystyrene balls in the way it breaks apart. There's also a couple of rust spots on the front and side of the body that need attention.

The interior is simply a bit untidy, although I'm going to get rid of the radio and just source a cheapo CD player to listen to some tunes while heading to the 4WD tracks. The homemade boxes in the back are going to be painted as well, and the rear bench removed.

Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Project Suzi - K_R's new play-toy.

Post by Carcrazy »

That's pretty cool buddy. Is this the same Suzuki that was in that TopGear episode? o.0
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Pretty much, except James' Sierra was a short-wheelbase whereas this is a long-wheelbase. Although it does fit the description...the rego and the picture said it was supposed to be "blue"...

That said though I have actually repainted it since I put it up here. For an $18 spray job it certainly looks a hell of a lot better than it did. I'll post pics soon.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:...the rego and the picture said it was supposed to be "blue"...
HA. Too perfect.

But in all seriousness, that's an $18 paint job? Not bad at all. I'm guessing it just started peeling again on the rear bumper?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Actually those shots are before I did the paintjob.

Because of the lighting the pics don't actually show the imperfections. To put it simply: originally this Sierra was matte black, then was painted blue which then faded into purple and ripped into the original matte black.

So I went to a Cheap As Chips store, picked up 6 satin black spray cans and then set about respraying it. Used up 5 of them and kept the last one for touch-ups. Because it's a 4WD machine it is inevitably going to be scratched, so the plan is when it does, just respray over it. Genius.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Sounds like a good plan man. Keep it updated. :P

Return to “Your Rides”