NFS World: Version 5 Patch 4 Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

NFS World: Version 5 Patch 4 Discussion Thread

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Purpose:
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / game patch 5.04 to Need for Speed World. See Release notes below.

Duration:
Two (2) Hours

Start: 20:00 hrs (8:00 PM) PST / 23:00 hrs (11:00 PM) EST / 04:00 hrs (4:00 AM) GMT
End: 22:00 hrs (10:00 PM) PST / 01:00 hrs (01:00 AM) EST / 06:00 hrs (6:00 AM) GMT

Affected Users:
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not be able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.

Release Notes:

NEW Features
- Night has arrived! This all-new Time of Day has been added to the game. Race your friends and battle the cops under the cover of darkness.
- Добро пожаловать! Russian localization support has been added to the game, as well as the website
- ‘Snowflake’ Porsche 911 Turbo is available for purchase with SpeedBoost and comes with a exclusive livery, a unique snowflake effect, and is outfitted in ‘Race’ level parts.
- Race your friends in the “Home for the Holidays” Community Event located in Downtown Rockport
- Check out the new Holiday-themed Vinyls, available to you when you purchase 17,500 SpeedBoost during the holidays.
- An option to purchase cars permanently using SpeedBoost has been made available in the Car Dealer screen in-game (previously available exclusively via the Web Store)

Bug Fixes/Changes
- Fixed race countdown slowing down on low frame rates.
- World Map filters should now hide/show the correct icons during races and pursuits
- Fixed an issue where Leaderboards would load indefinitely for some players in the News Feed
- The incorrectly named ‘Beach & Chancellor’ race event has been renamed to ‘Condo Row’
- Resolved an issue where the ‘One More Lap’ powerup was not affecting all players in a race
- AI racers no longer suddenly change direction during the ‘Campus Interchange Circuit’ event
- Server-time clock now displays the time correctly between 00:00 and 01:00
- Players can no longer activate ‘Shield’ or ‘One More Lap’ powerups within a Meeting Place event
- Fixed a number of races that listed the incorrect track length in their description
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Emergency Evade’ visual effects were displayed incorrectly when driving on snow
- An appropriate error will now display when attempting to install a higher Tier part on lower Tier cars
- Fixed an issue where certain textures were missing at Low and Minimum levels of detail
- A number of clipping and flickering issues in the world have been resolved
- Overlapping text improvements for localized languages

Known Issues
- When purchasing a car in-game using SpeedBoost, the extra car slot will not appear until players exit and re-enter to the Safehouse
>>>Thoughts Below<<<
Can you seriously believe this game is still going strong (somewhat)? I certainly can't considering most peoples in the EA forums have been raging since Version 5's buggy (but half-decent IMO) inauguration.

I'll start with the bug fixes list, which makes me believe that BlackBox was wasting their time with the first two follow-up patches in Version 5. Seriously, compare the length of the notes in patches 3 and 4 to the first two. While I'm somewhat relieved that Marc and his team are finally starting to give a rat's ass on the last patch and tonight's finale, it blows my mind that they are JUST NOW starting to work their frozen tails off. Efficiency for firetruck's sake?!

Now let's review the fixes. The bug that has me the most excited would obviously be the "One More Lap" bug (where, if even one online racer is still on the first lap when it's activated, he will still only have to do one lap when he does cross and you and the others are S.O.L). This is a flaw that has haunted me for weeks and caused me to put off playing the game for 2 weeks aside from finals at college because it dirtied up my win rates all the way to hell.

- Players can no longer activate ‘Shield’ or ‘One More Lap’ powerups within a Meeting Place event
I don't know what BlackBox broke to get this to happen, but that's seriously a lulz-worthy moment right there. :lol:

As for new features, we get so many Holiday-themed stuff, from the Snowflake Porsche 911 Turbo to the "Home for the Holidays" Community event. Let's hope this one fares better than the Oktoberfest event where it was basically the Hacker World Championship. Really, the only thing that bothers me about new features is that you have to purchase 17,500 Boost (a smidge more than $40 FREAKING DOLLARS USD) for the mentioned Holiday livery. I understand that only the best stuff can be bought with Boost, but this is just bar-none ridiculous. At this rate, I can get a prostitot for the same value. Geez. #-o

And finally, the real reason for this patch: the nighttime. That's right. We already saw Palmont in the daytime, now you get to see the skyline of Rockport in the dark, and if you've waited for that just as much as I have and are finally ready to drive during the night when it comes, give me a "HELL YEAH". I'll be posting about 5-10 pictures in my Photobook including some earlier ones where I was playing in the snow from the last patch.

And let's try not to botch it this time around, BlackBox. I actually want to play this game for at least half of my month long Winter Break instead of spending two weeks playing SoulCalibur III (again).
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS World: Version 5 Patch 4 Discussion Thread

Post by BloodCry »

ima test it ryt now, illl let u kno how it is
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Brought the 911, rearranged the snowflakes a bit and placed some Sport Classic style white stripes on it. I'm quite satisfied with this patch, though I haven't seen night yet.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Actually quite interested in the aesthetics of the night time - some pics somebody?
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

well i cant even get on, i have this fatal error trash wen i click launch :(
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Sort of angry right now.....so forgive me if it gets a bit too warm.

Now sometimes races are started instantly, e.g no countdown.

This often leads to:

1: I start and ram someones ass.
2: Half of us start, the other half is still going like "WTF? no countdown?"
3: I am first and i start, everyone else is standing for about 2 seconds.
4: It gets all mixed and some people get the countdown, some dont and start instantly, and some dont and stay there watching in awe.

Another thing that frustrates me to no end right now, is that i spent last 2 days playing World and the only fkin card i was getting is NITROUS X(1,2,3,5) Cash (400-700) and Rep (400-700)

Other than that, i got triple amount of rammers and retarded magnet spammers, no skill idiots and Elises in my races.

Seriously, this game is not enjoyable unless i am First and they cant catch up, or i am last and they are too far away for me to catch up. Otherwise its just ram fest. As soon as i get close, i get rammed into a wall and stopped while they actually increase their speed by doing so.

Then you get those people that just ram you to keep their 7th place instead of trying to get some higher places. Obviously thats as much as they want from life and they dont get even that because soon after i overtake them anyway.

Not to mention that suddenly EVERYONE is using RX-7/Z4/BMW M3 GTR E46/Impreza WRX/Silvia. I was used to BMW's and Silvia's, but the other 3....

On the other hand, no one is racing my Supra so i feel unique. :lol:

Night time looks cool, but really, it takes so long for it to happen....

And its annoying how it changes.

Few hours pass, then it suddenly gets a lil darker. Few hours later, it gets even darker suddenly. And then another few hours later its night time....also suddenly. I'm not sure why they did that, but .....why can't they do it as smoothly as it done in GTA 4?

I begin to understand all those flamers and other idiots on EA forums....

Everything that we want, is given to us at some point but in a corrupted form. Remember how everyone wanted to buy 911 Turbo permanently?

We got it. 6k boost. Nonetheless, its permanent.

A lot of people wanted R34 to appear in World. Here you are, 200 speedboost per day.

Besides, pursuits are a bit unbalanced.

I start a heat 5 pursuit...its fine...and 10 seconds later mass rhinos all over the place, lone spikestrips sometimes even 2 at once, Rhinos in roadblocks, rhinos chasing me and rhinos crashing into me head on. And some Corvettes that are easily smashable.

I ran over a spike strip 3 times, and 2 out of 3 i managed to evade. Why? Rhinos stopped coming. Only spike strips appeared instead of roadblocks. And the only chasing cops were 1-2 corvettes who seemed to actually push me to help me evade.
You can drive with 4 flat tires just fine and even do 130 km/h.

I got busted once because i was in a Charger and that didn't even go over 100 km/h......and the rhino spam didn't cease for some reason.

Either way, race or pursuit, you get rammed to death.

Once i got rammed in a race so hard that i flew up and started spinning, before i landed every single racer was far ahead of me. Tell me how is it fair that a small light RX-7 did this to a heavy Supra? What the hell?

Also, i beat a tuned Gallardo with my Supra.....shows everything about car balance. Bad tier 2 car beats bad tier 3 car.

One thing is enjoyable though. And that is driving my Supra on a highway.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

man thats a hella problems, too bad i cant even go ingame to c em!!! :(
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Yes there are problems but I enjoy the game..

I had night at Rosewood park loop, that was really nice. I wish I had it in Home for holidays (played tracks in 15 min difference)...
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Bejzik wrote:I had night at Rosewood park loop, that was really nice. I wish I had it in Home for holidays (played tracks in 15 min difference)...
I made a video of home for the holidays track at night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vi_ZpKVhlE&hd=1
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Wow, how long did it take to get to 50th level...but more importantly, how long did it take to farm those 5 millions!?

Seriously do you get 10k per race on higher levels or what, because i cant see myself ever getting a tier 3 car with ~2k per race or pursuit.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Wow, how long did it take to get to 50th level?
70 hours, during the "headstart" period (10 hours a day for 7 days). The rep and cash rewards for pursuits were double what they are now, with terminator and most wanted skills having more effect than they do now. I would not recommend using terminator or most wanted skill now as they have very little effect since August or September. At least 2 players reached level 50 in 4 days, but they both used the rep and cash boost amplifiers to do that, reducing the total time to about 52 hours, so they spent about 12 hours a day for 4 days.
How long did it take to farm those 5 millions!
Much longer. Most of that was done by doing 5 minute pursuits, you now get $4140 per 5 minute pursuit at level 50, without having to do any actions. Most of those pursuits were done in version 4 where you could park during a pursuit at the bus terminal, cannery, stadium, .... I'd start a pursuit, then do some small chore, then come back 5 minutes later, evade, and start another. You get about $40,000 per hour this way, which is 25 hours per 1 million in game cash. Since version 5.03, you can get about $50,000 / hour by doing short (15 second) pursuits since the rep cards only give out cash, rep, or nitrous now (this will probably change). In early version 4, you would get $6700 per 5 minute pursuit, and about $70,000 / hour because of more lucky draw cards for cash.
Bejzik
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bejzik »

Oh my, how much work is ahead...

Return to “World”