SHIFT 2: Unleashed Soundtrack listed

Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT 2: Unleashed Soundtrack listed

Post by Hydro_PT »

EA's announced details for both the licensed and scored soundtracks for SHIFT 2: Unleashed. The licensed OST will feature contributions from The Bravery, Jimmy Eat World, Biffy Clyro and Switchfoot. Full list is below.

EA's also confirmed that composers Ramin Djawadi, Troels Folmann, Stephen Baysted and Mick Gordon as well as group Heavy Melody Music will score the scored soundtrack.

* 30 Seconds to Mars – Night of the Hunter
* Anberlin – We Owe This to Ourselves
* Biffy Clyro – Mountains
* The Bravery – Ours
* Escape the Fate – Issues
* Hollywood Undead – Levitate
* Jimmy Eat World – Action Needs an Audience
* Rise Against – Help is on the Way
* Stone Temple Pilots – Take a Load Off
* Switchfoot – The Sound (John M. Perkins Blues)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT 2: Unleashed Soundtrack listed

Post by Hydro_PT »

Pretty small soundtrack. Well I hope it is better than SHIFT's, Hot Pursuit's and Undercover's, which I didn't like at all. The best OSTs (in my opinion) are those before Undercover (ProStreet, Most Wanted, Underground, etc.). Carbon's OST was 50/50 for me.

Biffy Clyro appeared in DiRT 2, that's the only music I know from the list. It appeared in the tribute video to Colin McRae. I think it won't fit in SHIFT 2 after seeing the video, as I automatically associate this music to Colin McRae and his death. :(
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

30 Seconds To Mars \m/ (^_^) \m/
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Know 2 bands out of that list, heard of one more. Also this soundtrack is....well ridiculously small.

I hope someone makes a tool to import your own mp3's in.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

I won't get SH!FT 2 anyways...
chuck d2
EA
EA

Post by chuck d2 »

Hey guy, the 10 "songs" are not the only music to the game. They are the basis for the soundtrack/Score. There's a lot of music in the game created from the 10 band songs. We took each song and remixed it four times by composers, with each showing a new part of the driver's emotional journey during SHIFT 2 Unleashed, creating more than two hours of unique music you won't find anywhere else.
Charles Deenen
Sr.Audio Director, EA Blackbox, Vancouver, BC
http://www.cdeenen.com
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

chuck d2 wrote:Hey guy, the 10 "songs" are not the only music to the game. They are the basis for the soundtrack/Score. There's a lot of music in the game created from the 10 band songs. We took each song and remixed it four times by composers, with each showing a new part of the driver's emotional journey during SHIFT 2 Unleashed, creating more than two hours of unique music you won't find anywhere else.
Heard that before.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well to be honest I don't really remember any music during races. Was too busy paying attention to the road :)
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

chuck d2 wrote:Hey guy, the 10 "songs" are not the only music to the game. They are the basis for the soundtrack/Score. There's a lot of music in the game created from the 10 band songs. We took each song and remixed it four times by composers, with each showing a new part of the driver's emotional journey during SHIFT 2 Unleashed, creating more than two hours of unique music you won't find anywhere else.
Each song was remixed 4 times? That's 40 musics, but the base is the same. So the list is correct after all. :)

Anyway I won't race with music on, it doesn't fit on this kind of games. It is good for when tuning a car, or for replays, but that's it. And yes, the option to add your own MP3s would be nice. :)

In other news, the final 3 tracks for SHIFT 2 were announced: Nevada Freight Depot (drift and open area for car testing), Suzuka Circuit and Willow Springs. The final list stands at 36 different tracks. 23 of these are real world courses and 13 are fictional. There are also various configurations. Not bad. =D>

A new car was also revealed: BMW M3 GT2 ALMS. I don't think the final car list will reach 145 cars as promised, there are 114 now (including special editions of certain cars and reward cars such as the Reventón Cop Car).
Levthon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Levthon »

lol what kind of bullkrap bands are these. never heard of them. :? except rise againts
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Rise Against \m/ i remember first hearing them in UG2 and now there my 2nd fave band, bllet for my valentine is first, i heard them in MW.
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I fear the "145" cars carlist thing might involve DLC.

That means, console DLC.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

ElvenAvenger wrote:I fear the "145" cars carlist thing might involve DLC.

That means, console DLC.
Yeah PC users will get it for free.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

^^^^ If the sim-racing community decides it is worth to mod the game, I'm sure we will see all the DLC ported to the PC sooner or later (unless EA has protected the files to avoid that). I hope the community starts working on mods soon to improve the game. SHIFT improved a lot from mods, and since there are already various tools for the first game, I'm sure the SHIFT 2 will benefit from that, and we will be seeing new mods or bugs being fixed very soon. The addition of totally new cars and tracks is also possible, for example I enjoyed the LeMans mod for SHIFT 1, it was very good. :)

As for the car list, so far it stands at 115 cars, but if you take out the "special editions" of certain cars, the number grows smaller. There are only about 10 cars left to reveal, so the "145 cars promise" by EA is surely DLC for the consoles, as Bojan already confirmed there won't be any paid DLC coming to the PC.

And one more thing, they include in the car list the cars from the Special Edition (which I think are 3) and the rewards cars from playing other NFS games (which are 2). That's already 5 cars out for a "normal user".
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I guess that everyone(including PC players...yeah i know thats weird. Like...really? including PC players? madness! not sparta..) will get some free dlc patch with a tiny amount of cars, and then the paid DLC will be console only, EA will post some F_off message stating that we will get our own content, we will get nothing and the world will keep going round.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

I hope we get the '99 Eclipse GSX and the Datsun 240Z as DLC...

Return to “News”