The Run questions answered

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The Run questions answered

Post by Bojan »

First set of questions Need for Speed fans asked about the upcoming Need for Speed The Run have been answered on the official site. Much more information about the game will be available once E3 begins early next month.
Why use the Frostbite 2.0 engine?
One of our goals with Need for Speed The Run was to set the bar for visuals higher than any previous Need for Speed, and working with DICE’s revolutionary Frostbite 2.0 engine, we’re able to do that. The visual quality in Need for Speed The Run is unmatched among action racing games.

Three games in one year is a lot, what happened to the once-yearly Need for Speed?
Black Box was the company that put Need for Speed on the map, and has been developing Need for Speed The Run for more than two years already. Even though we’re more than six months away from release, we have some groundbreaking gameplay footage to show our fans at E3. Currently, there are three studios working on Need for Speed games, with Black Box and Criterion focusing on action racing experiences, and Slightly Mad Studios working on adrenalin-pumping simulations.

What can we expect from Autolog in Need for Speed The Run?
Autolog is back and better than ever. We’ve found plenty of new ways to encourage friendly – but heated – competition between you and your friends. Autolog is now a staple to the franchise and a feature we’ll continue to grow with each Need for Speed game.

Can you tell me anything about the story?
All we can say at this point about the story is that you’ll be drawn into an illicit, high-stakes race with no speed limits, no allies, and one goal: making it to New York first.

You said this year Need for Speed goes to the next level, what does that mean?
This year, we’re pushing the limits of everything you’ve expected from a Need for Speed game, with a gripping storyline, awe-inspiring visuals, and the most intense racing experience you’ll find anywhere.

How good are the car physics in Need for Speed The Run?
The development team is hard at work to create road-hugging physics that are in line with what you expect from an action racing Need for Speed game.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: The Run questions answered

Post by Hydro_PT »

So many words but practically 0 of useful information. Gotta love these Q&A. :mrgreen:

Well at least we know that this new NFS will have around 3 years of development before it hits the shelves. I hope Black Box has used that time wisely to create an indeed good game, not only for the fans of the franchise but also to other players. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^Yes.

Only bit of info is that New York is a confirmed location.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

I wonder if my car will do a wheelie if i double tap the gas haha.

this game reminds me of cruisin on the n64. that was a good game, brings back memories thinking about it.
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “News”