NFSW Chat Problem

2010 Need for Speed World
hariw
Ricer
Ricer

NFSW Chat Problem

Post by hariw »

Hi all, so I tried to chat in free roam and also whisper to my friends but none of them seems to received my texts. Do you guys have any idea/s why this is happening? I'm sorry if this is a re-post, I already tried to search previous post in this forum to check if anyone experiencing the same issue but I couldn't find any. Thanks all for your help :)
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSW Chat Problem

Post by honke »

Hey Hariw,

I have never heard anybody about this problem.
Did you already tried to reinstall the game?
Because as far I can tell there is nothing wrong with the chat.
hariw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hariw »

Hi Honke, thanks for your reply. I haven't try to reinstall the game, it's been running fine for a month until last night. I looked up on EA forum and I found that I'm not the only one having the issue. I can't post the link for the EA forum here for some reasons, but you can find it using google with "nfs world chat issue" keywords.
I'll try to reinstall it and see what happens. Again, thanks.
hariw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hariw »

I already reinstalled it, changed the download size as well, from medium to maximum, but that didn't solve my problem. Now I am confused, what is wrong with the game? I tried to chat with my other driver account and the same thing happened, so I think there's nothing wrong with my account, it is the game that causing the issue.

PS: the chat didn't work right after the server weekly maintenance last Sunday, I was receiving a lot of weird messages from the server at that time because I kept my account logged in during maintenance, is that probably what causing my chat problem?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

I know the chat have been hacked this weekend.
But not sure this has anything to do with your problems.

Anyway try to contact costumer support maybe the can help you.
Also tell them the actions you have don, like reinstall the game and so on.
Maybe there went something wrong in the weekly maintenance wen your logged in.
Normally all player or disconnected from the game so maybe it harmed your account on the server.
hariw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hariw »

Solved! Somehow it is connected to the chat hacking last week end, it messed up my account. At first I tried to use another driver but the problem still occurred, that was because the driver that I use is from the same account. So I made a different account and the chat is working fine. I called the customer support as you suggested, and after 20mins of phone call they eventually fixed it. My chat box is working again. If you're in the US, here's EA customer services phone number in case anyone are experiencing the same issue: +18665435435

Thanks Honke!
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Good to hear that its solved.. And your welcome. ;-)

Return to “World”