The Run Patch 1.3 is out

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The Run Patch 1.3 is out

Post by Bojan »

Available for PlayStation 3 (already out) and Xbox 360 (coming shortly), the latest patch contains the following updates:
*Improvements to reset behavior in Single Player:
-When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track (similar to the reset behavior in online multiplayer races) instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint.
-We’ve modified the reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route. This should reduce some frustration for players where they’ve suddenly been reset by just barely going off course.
* Multiplayer
– reduce the severity of racer to racer collisions in multiplayer races and jarring reactions by the game camera.
- Fix to address a connectivity issues sometimes seen when attempting to join multiplayer sessions on PS3
– Fix for load and connectivity issues being experienced on PS3.
*Autolog
– fix an issue where the Autolog friends list would sometimes appear empty and Speedwalls would display ‘Your Friend’ instead of the proper friends name.
Update should be available the next time you boot up the game (PS3). PC patch is in the works, but no ETA given.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: The Run Patch 1.3 is out

Post by xturbo »

Bojan wrote:
*Improvements to reset behavior in Single Player:
-When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track (similar to the reset behavior in online multiplayer races) instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint.
-We’ve modified the reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route. This should reduce some frustration for players where they’ve suddenly been reset by just barely going off course.
Whoa!! wasn't expecting THAT. Actually it may help to decrease the frustration of many maaaaany players....like me lol. But still there is too many stuff to fix in this game, especaially in the graphics aspect on PC. (AA anyone? no 30fps cap?)
Bojan wrote: Update should be available the next time you boot up the game (PS3). PC patch is in the works, but no ETA given.
Typical of BlackBox, leaving PC for the last. Wasn't FB2 a PC engine? lol

But so far, a little bit of good news about this game :)
SonicTH228
Ricer
Ricer

Re: The Run Patch 1.3 is out

Post by SonicTH228 »

Excellent! I always thought some of the reset points were bizarrely close to the edge of the track. Resetting you back because you ventured too far away from the course is fine but not if your four wheels BARELY left the road. I don't want to burn a reset for a derailment I could easily recover from.

Return to “News”