NFS: Underground 2 official thread.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
popmihai2002
Ricer
Ricer

Post by popmihai2002 »

I can identify the cars from widebody x pic.The first from left is a Subaru the second is a Ford Focus the third is a an Evo and the last is an audi.Bocho the second pic is an Eclipse.
Bocho_22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bocho_22 »

^ No its not.

Its a Mitsubishi 3000GT

not eclipse note the cupe lines and not the hatch hump from the eclipse
Supra-man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Supra-man »

yeah, that is a 3000gt, not an eclipse. man, i havent been on this sight for days and now that i see that the 2005 mustangs gonna be in it, im now for surely buying this game!!!! :D
LancerevoVIII
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LancerevoVIII »

Oddly enough the Japanese spec 3000GT (AKA GTO) had the same body styling of the current eclispe. (though I think this info is outdated now)

Hm......I wonder if EA would consider doing Burnout and Donut contests..... Seeing as most of the vids released have the cars going into donuts.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Similar, but not even close to being the same.

*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

i like 3000gt better than a new eclipse.... as far as i remember buoth of them gona be in nfsug2. or am i wrong?
popmihai2002
Ricer
Ricer

Post by popmihai2002 »

I am sorry I tought that was an Eclipse
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

nevermind ;) it hapend to best of us ;)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

You can get a 3000GT in a Twin Turbo version, and that is cool :P

I like the 3000's better than the new eclipse's. If I were to get an eclipse it certainly wouldn't be the new body style.

*EDIT*
New Underground 2 trailer was put up by EA last night, I've got it on my site. So you can work your fingers out and type in the address or just click here. Link is in the very first news post.
Seui
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Seui »

No! 3000GT look so much better then the Eclipse (To me atleast), how could you mix em up. :( Yup I'll definately take a 3000GT when I get the game, but it won't look as tacky as the one in that screen lol.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

why do you think so seui?
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

so now i know the 3000gt, the mustang, rx8, 350z are in the game, i cant wait to see whether the 300zx or the supra rz are in the game... they better... :roll:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Simon600 wrote:I see there going to have a replay and maybe more views in the game but we need the demo :?
Where is the evidence?? I would like to see it because I WANT replay mode. Please show me the evidence

About unknown car yeah it seems a stock Opel Corsa.... but consider it could be a traffic car!!! (maybe so complex to be a traffic)
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

They're aren't any BMW's yet! Come on EA, add in the M3!!
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Under a Bridge, Iceland or somewhere in Europe or to be more accurate in England

Post by widebody x »

Dani i dont think that vauxhall corsa was traffic ive never seen i muffler so big and crome on a nfsu2 traffic car
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

but from a pic....
my first impresion that is a traffic car...
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Maybe EA has decided to give the traffic cars a little refresh too... But as we were told a few months ago, EA is going to use cars that are popular in tuning/styling... In middle Europe (Belgium, France, the Netherlands), small cars like Peugeot 306, Citroën Saxo and Opel Corsa are styled more or less to death (but still people manages to make something completely new), so I got a feeling we'll see a few small cars and some crazy bodykits...

And I join the "We want a BMW M3 in the game"-club :)
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

yea me 2 even though i see a bunch around where i live (Rich F****rs)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

From what I saw there is alot of the same traffic models. But I was busy passing them not riding behind them :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

DrewBoi wrote:yea me 2 even though i see a bunch around where i live (Rich F****rs)
Do you think money from rich f****rs grow on their backs? They work for it.

Or they just robbed the bank.
da wizz21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by da wizz21 »

i just seen the pic of the 05 mustang and i almost passed out all i have to say is thank you EA. I'm gonna have to think up what to do with it from what was on nfsu1. ( I hope they will have a throaty v8 sound to go with it for a change of pace.
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

Hey u think that mustang pic was it well check out my news post. PINK SLIPS AND REPLAY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED. So all thos ppl who wanted replay have got it! :)

~Mike
Abdi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Abdi »

each news makes it better and better, this is so cool :D
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Here we go again, what car to use in NFSU2, let me share something with you (it's quite lengthy so sry about that):

After playing a year with the same car, my dear old Focus, I commited adultery with a RX7 last night. I finished underground mode with a Focus cuz I like it, kept the TJ's I choose in the game and started racing online. Short stints of 3 to 4 laps are necessary to have a somewhat competative car against the RX7 and the Miata, because a Focus just isn't a match for a RX7... But I am stubborn enough to keep racing with it cuz the top 10 drivers in a room has 90% of RX7 in it. Which kinda sucks, AND is boring.

But after I dropped from 200.000 rep to 110.000 in a half hour I thought it was time to set my stubbornness aside and give it a go and change my car for a RX7. In a couple of hours I gained over 70.000 rep... There is SO MUCH DIFFERENCE :shock: between the cars it is just unbelievable!!! I can tell, b/c I INTENTIONALLY NEVER tried to race another car online b/c I was afraid of what I found out yesterday.

I know the Focus drives like a brick and has the same steering behaviour, but the RX7 is not a bit faster: it is A LOT faster. I'm even afraid to use nos, b/c that thing is going too fast ;) Yes, it is harder to steer b/c you can't go over curbs when steering into a corner but after some laps I got kinda used to it. I still can't drive lots of clean laps, but if I do I am well over 3 seconds faster per lap than my Focus. Yes I clocked a 37,53 with my Focus in OS, but that was a couple of laps, all 41/42 and the last with full nos. So one of my first races with the RX7 I had a 6 lap race, pretty clean, no crashes and guess what: constant on 39... NO NOS! What if I gave it some practice :? .... I even had a moment where I somehow accidently got hoocked with the 2 leftside wheels on the inside curb of the 1st corner in OS: I had an exit speed of 300 km/h through the shortcut!!! So this is my wish for NFSU2: not how many different cars orso, just MORE COMPETATIVE CARS !!!

I for one will be pretty dissapointed when in a month time the RX8 in NFSU2 turns out to be the best car, I can promise you all: forget about all the requested cars: most of us will all racing be the RX8...

BUT I SURELY HOPE I'M WRONG :!: sry if I'm being too pessimistic
Killer Instinct
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Killer Instinct »

Yeah true. I never raced with the RX7 until after I had completed my first profile and it is a LOT better than any other car (except for the initial acceleration which sucks imo).
I sure hope that EA narrows the difference between cars to have a bit more competition.

Return to “Underground 2”