Need For Speed: Rivals announced

MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Need For Speed: Rivals announced

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote:despite TheRun being a disaster... i really liked the body-kit system in it that meant very clean and classy visual customization...
didn't know you folks had an anti-rice club here, wow...

anyway, with EA there is no perfect game, so it's ether customization or gameplay. I chose gameplay.
junior6at
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by junior6at »

We don't have anti-anything here, just differing opinions. :wink:

Don't know if you guys are in touch with the tuner/aftermarket scene, but even if 'customization' is no longer prominent in the entertainment industry, it is still in fact popular amongst car enthusiasts. You know how the media likes to chew up trends, and once it dies down they spit it out.

Functional customization is what I'm personally after, doesn't have to be the central theme of the game like Underground. If you want whats trending now in your NFS, not sure if stanced, hellaflush, or JDM rat rod would fit in.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

MaxT wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:despite TheRun being a disaster... i really liked the body-kit system in it that meant very clean and classy visual customization...
didn't know you folks had an anti-rice club here, wow...

anyway, with EA there is no perfect game, so it's ether customization or gameplay. I chose gameplay.
No we don't have an anti-rice club here... but knowing EA, we can be sure that the customization model in your mind will NEVER become a reality (it would have been great if it does).

so i'm wishing for a more probable option.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote: No we don't have an anti-rice club here... but knowing EA, we can be sure that the customization model in your mind will NEVER become a reality (it would have been great if it does).

so i'm wishing for a more probable option.
fair enough.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

For some reason, the teaser reminds me a lot of the Shift 2 trailers. Maybe they are trying to make a rival to Forza Horizon. With people who worked in Turn 10, SMS, Simbin, I kind of think that this is what they aim for.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

XCROSSX wrote:For some reason, the teaser reminds me a lot of the Shift 2 trailers. Maybe they are trying to make a rival to Forza Horizon. With people who worked in Turn 10, SMS, Simbin, I kind of think that this is what they aim for.
this is all i can wish for...
but knowing EA... that's wishful thinking at its max.
MaxT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaxT »

Navid_A1 wrote:
XCROSSX wrote:For some reason, the teaser reminds me a lot of the Shift 2 trailers. Maybe they are trying to make a rival to Forza Horizon. With people who worked in Turn 10, SMS, Simbin, I kind of think that this is what they aim for.
ex-Criterion people work for Turn 10. is Forza an arcade racer? or a fun game for that matter? no.

Criterion always made games too arcady and DICE and Turn 10 too realistic, a mix of these might be just what NFS needs.

Black Box gets nowhere near it, thank god for that. those guys can't make good games, they never could, what little success NFS still had during it's downfall was thanks to what was left of EA Canada.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

MaxT wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:
ex-Criterion people work for Turn 10. is Forza an arcade racer? or a fun game for that matter? no.

Criterion always made games too arcady and DICE and Turn 10 too realistic, a mix of these might be just what NFS needs.

Black Box gets nowhere near it, thank god for that. those guys can't make good games, they never could, what little success NFS still had during it's downfall was thanks to what was left of EA Canada.

Turn 10+Bizzare Creations+Criterion+Rockstar Games+Capcom?! :shock:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

A talented team doesn't mean much when the people who call the shots aren't that talented. They have the money, they decide how the game will be.

No matter how good a team you have, if the "big boss" says we are going to do this and that, then you do what he wants, even if you know the fans won't like it. ;)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

I wish people can support kickstarter more,I think thas the answer to developing games by real gamers not money psycho controlled robots,look at those guys doing that road rash remake called road redemption.the game looks great and they are doing a great job if only I had the talent I would definetly create the true need for speed all over again, back to circuits on beautiful roads inspired by world locations with hazards and yes helicopters dropping flaming barrels on the road.. :)
HungryManticore
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HungryManticore »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:back to circuits on beautiful roads inspired by world locations with hazards and yes helicopters dropping flaming barrels on the road.. :)
And with custom single races...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hydro who's spamming the site?...get rid of this spammer asap!

Return to “News”