AI cars always match the player's power

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
j7n
Ricer
Ricer

AI cars always match the player's power

Post by j7n »

So I've been upgrading my cars under the assumption that it is necessary for them to become faster to progress in the storyline, and to get an advantage over the competion if possible...

Then I tried entering a race from the middle of the game – Jewel's "Cascade" – with a stock Golf, and I received entry level cars as competition: another Golf, a Clio, and an IS 300. They appeared to be just a little faster than my car, especially the Clio, and I failed to win the race after about 10 attempts. The same race (with different entry level cars) proved to be beatable with some effort with Sonny's minimally tuned Golf. Then I entered Ming's "West Park & Lion's" with both Golfs again, with same result. Sonny's Golf beat a couple Porsche's and an Eclipse. If I enter with my current car, I get fast cars. What the hell?

How is the player supposed to gain an advantage in random races? Do some tuning levels work better? #-o

I feel as if the game is watching, and moving the finish line, apart from the usual "catch up" acceleration boost.

No way this is realistic. The Lamborghini Gallardo should be out of sight ahead of me. There was no catchup in the traditional sense of the word because there was no distance between us up until the very end when he crashed.

This victory doesn't feel rewarding. None of them do. I have absolutely no idea how fast I am supposed to go at this point, because I can go at any speed I choose to. POS arcade game.

Return to “Most Wanted”