Why I Think Need for Speed 2014 is Underground 3

The Future of Need For Speed
BlackPanthaa
Stock
Stock

Why I Think Need for Speed 2014 is Underground 3

Post by BlackPanthaa »

Well hello there NFSUnlimited! Hope everyone is doing well. Some of you may know me from my YouTube work, whether you dislike it or love it haha.

Well today I just thought I would rip apart my recent blog post to move it here to let you guys know too. As a little birdie told me that you guys might actually like Need for Speed here haha. ;)

There are a lot of things pointing to the next instalment of Need for Speed being a return to the most popular era of games. From comments made by Ghost Games themselves, along with possibly Easter eggs hidden in the game.

Just before E3 came about, Need for Speed Rivals was announced with a teaser trailer. We then got some more information on the game at E3. In the beginning the game was pretty much Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and did seem to lack in content compared to the older Underground/Most Wanted and Carbon era of games. So some people, such as myself took to YouTube to complain about this.

At the beginning of 2013 Marcus Nilsson from Ghost Games, the new studio in charge of Need for Speed, came out with the following:
“Ultimately, we need to listen to our consumers,” Nilsson told VideoGamer during Gamescom when asked about the possibility of developing Need For Speed Underground 3.

“If people would come to me and say, you know… make Underground 3 with Frostbite 3 with exactly the same features and you’ll go back and sell 15 million copies, then yes, I would build that game. I would. But it’s not that simple.”
Although he said it wasn't simple in the quoted text, he never really explained why this is the case. He gave possible reasons, but from what he said it makes just as much sense to make Underground 3 as it did Rivals.

After a few months, we got to see some more details on Need for Speed Rivals. It did seem that Ghost Games was trying to correct everything that Criterion Games did wrong, the main thing being listening to fan feedback. They released trailers on personalisation, progression and more. All things that were missing from the game until they listened to the fan feedback.

During the Eurogamer Expo, I managed to squeeze in a question myself. It was probably the scariest moment of my life, but I had to do it. I had a moment to speak to the man behind Need for Speed and it was probably the only chance I would ever get. So I asked about the progression of Need for Speed, the feature that is lacking the most from Need for Speed as of late.

Moving onto the conspiracy style stuff now that might sound a bit off to some, but to me it makes no sense as to why this is the case. Below is a video on the topic with a bit more information on the matter, but the basics are below.

There are a few licence plates you can place on your cars in Need for Speed Rivals to make your car more unique. Not to the level of the Underground era, but better than what Criterion gave us. Two of these plates have a year on the plate itself, but only one has the year on the description under the plate too.

herp can't post links yet, even as images. :[

You will notice one of two things about these plates. The plates are from both Most Wanted games, Most Wanted 2005 by Black Box and Most Wanted 2012 by Criterion Games. You will also notice that the dates on the game are wrong by a year. Most Wanted 2005 is a year too much and Most Wanted 2012 is a year too early.

What does this mean? You probably know as much as I do on that subject. But here are some theories of mine:

Years between 2006 and 2011 is 5 (5 years go is Undercover, Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed/Porsche 2000)
Years between 2005 and 2012 is 7 (7 years ago is Carbon, 7th NFS is Underground)
2006 only plate showing year in description – 2006′s NFS is Carbon, the continuation of MW 2005 with elements from Underground.

2013 (Rivals) – 2006 (Only plate with year in description) = 7. Points us to 7 years ago is Carbon and 7th NFS is Underground.
They could just have 2006 wrong, points to carbon and hints at return to the city (or MW is more likely because it mentions rockport)
Just a few things to throw in here to add to the mix.

The 10th Need for Speed game is Need for Speed Carbon.
The 20th Need for Speed is the next game.
This will be the Need for Speed of 2014, Need for Speed 2004 was Underground 2
So what are your thoughts on this? Do you expect to see Underground in 2014?

Anyaway, let me know what you think about all of this. I would love to hear what some of you guys think. :)
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Why I Think Need for Speed 2014 is Underground 3

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Hey BlackPanthaa! I watch your videos. :)
Never thought you would come here.

About that license plate easter egg, i am not completely sure how to react to this.
In my opinion it seems a bit odd that the developers would think about putting it in there.
I am not sure they would say: "Our fans are typical masterminds. They would find it anyway, lol."

And about the DLC not out yet, i am not sure if they would give us a title every year.
If they would make a new Underground, it would be wise to take 2 years instead of 1.

*thinks about EA*.
Who knows. :wink:

Off-topic: Congrats on 5K subs!
BlackPanthaa
Stock
Stock

Post by BlackPanthaa »

ThunderScrambler wrote:Hey BlackPanthaa! I watch your videos. :)
Never thought you would come here.

About that license plate easter egg, i am not completely sure how to react to this.
In my opinion it seems a bit odd that the developers would think about putting it in there.
I am not sure they would say: "Our fans are typical masterminds. They would find it anyway, lol."

And about the DLC not out yet, i am not sure if they would give us a title every year.
If they would make a new Underground, it would be wise to take 2 years instead of 1.

*thinks about EA*.
Who knows. :wink:

Off-topic: Congrats on 5K subs!
Hey there haha, yeah the licence plate this confuses me and that is kinda why I added it in anyway. I mean I'm not saying it is for sure to do with the topic, but it could mean exactly what I think.

As much as I would love the 2 year idea, this is the 20th anniversary of NFS. Would be a little depressing to miss this one. Also I highly doubt that EA would ever let them take a year off. ;) haha

Thanks! :D
nfsf1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nfsf1 »

Next NFS may have Underground :) but I doubt EA will call it UG3. And it's better in 2 years, not 2014. For more information in EA forum:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9887286.page
anel93
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anel93 »

I dont have nothing to say then telling BlackPanthaa to stay away from NFSUnlimited and all NFS coummnity websites for such hate on NFS's roots...because thats what ive seen on your videos.. only hate and hate.. you only see Fast and Furious as NFS's roots when that is not the original root of NFS
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Hey man i just finished watching your video based on project cars..the game is a mess but nonethless,im a big arcade racer fan.in my opinion i think the last great need for speed was most wanted 2005.the game had the perfect balance between the cores elements of the series and introducing the elements from the tuner era,cheesy story..excellent cop pursuits.i was looking at the nfs facebook page and one of the community reps said that they are listening to the fans and they goona give them the game they want also based on a job proposal they said story is very important to the games.i think we are getting a new most wanted with all drive since they also said that all drive will stay (hate that feature)..also we are getting customization but something tells me we are getting an underground reboot but it might just have the name with a diff concept...idk i'm very curious to see what the new need for speed will be since they already confirmed that its going to be release holidays 2015.

Return to “NFS 2022”