GTA - San Andreas!!

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
DeeFunK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DeeFunK »

has anyone posted this? just in case they havent i'll post it
SPOILER: The "Mystery Girl"
Posted by adamcs at 15:22. Category: General

Catalina
Several months ago, Play Magazine (issue 118) revealed that a 'mystery girl', returning from a previous title, would appear in San Andreas. Rockstar have kept quiet, and the girl's face was blacked out during demonstrations at Rockstar HQ. So who could it be? Well, we have Mercedés Cortez from Vice City (a huge favourite), Auntie Poulet, (although I'm not sure they'd make such fuss over her), Candy Suxx, perhaps, Maria, Catalina, and more!

But the question remains, who is it? PSM2 may probably have the answer:

The 'mystery' lady living in the country cabin (who had her face blacked out in our demo) used to live in Liberty City and - unless our memory is kaput - could be Maria or, Catalina. Yes.
- PSM2 November 2004 issue

Okay, so pretty much everybody assumed Catalina anyway, but still, we now know that this character played a part in GTA3, which (basically) narrows it down to Catalina and Maria (Or, if you like, Misty, who really didn't play a big part in the game).

Not to mention, the Liberty Tree website tells us that Catalina once lived (Remember San Andreas is set before GTA3) in "Los" somewhere, or "San" something or other.

Their memory IS kaput!! or havent they played GTA3??? Maria is the one you love, and Catalina gets busted by ur rocket in her white heli now where are the correctors looking?!?
so who do you think it is?
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Ok, I haven't played GTA3 for a while (actually not since VC was released I think), but I thought Misty was a girl our silent friend met in the game, while he had some business with Catalina before the game took place. And Catalina is more the type who could live outside of the big city.

Maria was the one we loved in Liberty City, and Catalina did get blasted into the eternity, but we also have to remember that the guy in GTA3 is not CJ, so the setting will probably be a little different. It all depends on what side she's on.

So I'll go with Catalina. :)
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

you also have to remember in the early 90's catalina is not dead....
the time on the games is very clear, Vice city (86) - San Andreas (round 92) - Liberty City(99)

she aint dead, so im guessing it will be her, will prolly be a county girl until she decides to leave half way threw the game for the big apple to meet the GTA III character or somden like that

it wouldnt be maria, i doubt her father would let her go cross the county... and misty is too small time
DeeFunK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DeeFunK »

also Maria died in Liberty City

i think it will either be Maria or Catalina, Misty wasn't in it much
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

lol, good pics man...I hope I'll never gotta use a bicicle to cross the city :D
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

We are approaching the release date on GTA:SA, and the news are coming every day now. Here are today's news from GTASanAn:

Today the focus is on the radio stations (finally).
On the official site there is a teaser for the official track listing (which will be revealed on Monday), and there are 10 radio channels you can listen to. These are:
- Master Sounds - Soul, groove and funk
- Playback - Hip hop
- Bounce FM - Funk
- K-DST - Rock'n'Roll
- K-Jah Radio West - Dancehall, reggae and dub
- CSR - Modern soul
- Radio:X - Modern rock
- K-Rose - Country and western
- Radio Los Santos - West coast hip hop
- SF-UR - House music

And then some details:
- 11 radio stations with 20 different DJs
- More licensed music than in any other action videogame ever
- Instead of the loops from earlier the GTA, there is now a dynamic setup
- You will hear live weather bulletins, on-the-spot-news, call-ins from people all over San Andreas and more
- 3 times more commercials than in GTA3 (and we all loved those, right?) :D
- Music sound will be different depending on your car and its stereo
- Soundtrack comes in 2 versions; a double album with the highlights, and a 8 CD box set
- The 11th channel is WCTR talk radio, the DJ is secret (but it could be our old friend Lazlow)

But there is more. :D The new GTA San An soundtrack page is up, and contains all info so far about the soundtrack and the radio stations.

And the last thing, GameSpot will be running a San Andreas article tomorrow night. Don't miss it :)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

yeah, saw that as well, Gtasanan brings alot of good news :P , but i dont care much about radiostaions, if u do then u may check this
2 screenshots and a lot of logos of radiostations on IGN :wink:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I really care about the radio stations. Of course, it's tempting to put mp3s in a folder, and then play those, but then you miss a lot of the R* humor. So I'm gonna listen thru all of the stations, and when (or if) I get finished with that, I'm probably gonna put in some MP3s. The radios are a huge part of GTA imo...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

well, i dont put mp3s in my mp3 folder till i beat the game coz i dont like customizing anything in the game before beating it, cars,player models, nothing.

anyway lets forget radio stations for now and pay attention to the gamesot's newest preview :)

check it out here
dont forget to check the new screenshots as well---> here
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

thanx for that skyline, i'm really hoping peds and gangmember get targeted by the police, in Vice it was like the police were only out to get tommy, you might see a cop chase a guy but thats it... oh and i wanna see these gangs do heaps more gang stuff, like robb some1 at a teller machine...
EvIlGrEeNmOnKeYs
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EvIlGrEeNmOnKeYs »

^^ To answer that

yes there is more police involvment, R* annonced to some magazine that it police is more ivolved and its quite possible that you can see cops and a helicoptor chace a radom car down
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

thanx mate, thats the kinda stuff i wanna hear!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

well, SA is getting closer to the stores day by day and also good news are revealed every day, and here is one of the best things revealed.
you better check it here
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Yup, I just checked them out, and it's awesome. I don't think you can get much closer to a real world than this (not with the technology available today). R* has done an amazing job.

Great find Skyline_man :D
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

i just really really really want to be able to fly a boeing 747 Commercial air plane... that would be gr8
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I LOVE PSM2 :D , but i think thats not true at all, anyway, check that
PSM2 said that they drove from Los Santos to Las Venturas in 5 minutes on a Wayfarer. That was however, taking the shortest route, and the same journey would take 30 minutes cross-country.
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

DeeFunK wrote:
8ball3000 wrote:it will start off as a ps2 exclusive, but i dont think it will be on xbox at all! eva!
well i've heard differently, i've heard that it is getting released on the X-Box

this quote is taken from the topic "gta almost here yada yada" and i wanna continue here..where it should be... so deefunk, please enlighten us, where di u hear that?
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

Thanks Q, CAN POEPLE PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW TOPICS ABOUT WHEN SA WILL BE REALESED AND WHATS GONNA BE IN IT ect ect... thats what this thread was made for.

thank u!

@Skyline_man, 5 minutes quickest route sounds a lot more realistic and i can belive that, not too sure about the whole 30 minutes cross - courty route but neva the less 5 minutes quickest route is very good indeed and within reason.
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

aww dee funk, your leaving me hanging here!!!
hot sauce
Drift King
Drift King

Post by hot sauce »

Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

ohh anyone made a stop over at the official site lately?? Las Venturas is open so all you people with good arty skils can make me a map!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

ill give it a try Q :wink:
@hot sauce: thanks for the screenshots

!!! NEWS !!!

AS Qyntel said, Las venturas has finally been revelealed, and much more than that, there is anew movie entiltled "Homecoming" which is absolutely wonderfull

so come on guys, lets check check it

Gtasanan has also some new screenshots, u can check it out here

and horreeeh :P , we will travel between the cities by a plane, checkthis picture.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

sorry for making a new post but the previous one would be too long with this picture.....yeah, in game scanned pics on Gta-action.com

you can check the rest of them here
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

the HUD looks kinda weak....

Return to “The Games”