NFSU2 Demo Finally Here!

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Only just got back from a sh*tty day driving in That London. Have started the download - however, it looks from your comments that I have made a mistake - downloading from the EA Games server.... still it's done 32mb so far, so I might as well carry on...

Doing OK at present - 50KB/sec - not bad considering I live in the middle of nowhere which gives a max broadband availability of 512k...

I can't wait to get my hands on that Corsa... or Kelly Brooke for that matter (whoops, slipped into fantasy land again there!)
Last edited by DarrenR21373 on 26 Oct 2004, 23:40, edited 2 times in total.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

NFSUnlimited.net mirrors are up with flying speeds ;)
ventchy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ventchy »

189 kb/ second biatch :D
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Dont try Filefront... it is going down just now.
Very well at first, 27kb/s (my max speed is 32) but now it is going @ 9kb/s
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D: :D :D :D
finally its here, thanks alot Bobyx, i will download tomorrow btw, thanks again :D :D
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

ok i tried again and it worked!
EDIT: this is how it looks like
should i download that latest version :?
Attachments
problem.JPG
how can i solve this problem?
(16.17 KiB) Downloaded 5277 times
Last edited by VPNeverLoser on 26 Oct 2004, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

VPNeverLoser - go to http://WWW.Microsoft.com.

You will find it under the Popular Downloads heading on this page.

However, it is apparently 10 KB - 166666 KB in size...

Enjoy!
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Seems i won't get to dl this until 2morrow after all, so I'll just use nfsunlimited servers
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

great!
thanks Darren :D
i've downloaded and i can play it right now if i want to but i have no time and i've got to get busy on my work :evil:
hopefully ill get to play tomorrow :twisted:
Serbiandude
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Serbiandude »

i hav ethe demo and it rocks a**
this game if fu**in great
its definately worth money.. i would buy it if it was $100
get the demo its sweet
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I have decided to review this game.
When installing the game, those pictures were quite nice, especially the Escalade with the big sound system in the back.
The video was pretty good as well. I preferred the intro in Underground but this one wasn't too bad. I was expecting to see the NSX as some people claimed they saw in the intro movie in the PS2 demo. Again, the thing that stood up in the video was a modified Escalade racing. :D
Into the game,
The menu is much better than in Underground. It is much more colourful and vivid. Even the loading screen is MUCH nicer. :D
The first thing I did was to put the graphics to the max. Sadly, putting everything at max, makes the computer lag like crazy. I left the graphics at max but lowered the resolution from 1280x1024 to 800x600 and it makes a big difference. I don't understand why it lags so much. My specs are P4 3.0Ghz with HT tech. 512 RAM and GeForce FX5600 at 256 mb. Underground works very smoothly with everything at maximum, sadly Underground 2 doesn't.
You can change your 350Z between 4 pre-made ones and the green one that you get is actually slower than the other ones.
Racing is much more exciting. I still have to get used to the downhill drifting and circuit racing is actually much better. Outrun races are excellent. Yes, you might be able to lose easily but they are quick race without limitations.
The world is amazing, the new motion blur is improved and rain is pretty good too.
The environments really affect your "mood". For example, when going uphill, you notice that it is very mountain-like, whil the city is alive, even though there are not a lot of cars.
Lastly, the music. Well, the music is much better than the Underground Demo. It has three tracks and they are pretty good. I will try to get some screens tomorrow. I'm too busy playing!! :D

EDIT: It is truly great. EA really out-done themselves. This is one game that will go down in history as the best tuner racing game ever!! :D
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

Humm. the demo came out alot sooner then i thought. Oh well, im downloading it right now. It seems far better then the first NFSU demo cause u can actully customize a car rather then just get a preset car from last year. Why do they only and always have the 350z in there demos anyway?
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

Good:
Engine sounds - brilliant throaty roars.
BOV - can actually hear it
Outrun mode - it rocks
Physics - Better than UG1 but not anything to match it's rivals.

Bad:
Too easy to powerslide
Loose N20 for hitting traffic, but not for hitting walls
Very windy city, not very many long straights
Dirfting close to traffic = bigger dirft points
Turning up Gfx lags, even on good specs
Your given the choice of 4 350z's, each as ugly as the next (EA really have created some monsters- and last years demo cars were so nice).

I may be being a tad harsh, but EA, could do a lot better. Definately worth a play though.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Ok, just played it and this game is solid! The only problem is there are a lot of controls to map. Because of that, I've run out of buttons on my steering wheel. Anyone know how to get around that? I've tried putting some on keyboard but it doesn't work.
ZeroB@NG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZeroB@NG »

didn't they say that they want to put in a damage model?
saw nothing like damage on my car... :( again just propaganda against Juiced?

where has the chat from the Lobby gone? hope they do it better in the full!!!! :roll:

the hydraulics stuff looks silly (at least for the 350z) and after 5 minutes of jumping around its getting boring :-/

drifting with traffic on this unplain tracks is strange... i think i will skip that in the career mode ^^

the circuit race has to many hard sliding points... and to less speed...

i'm a little disapointed, expected more from the online mode EA screwed it up again... no chat, no fun...
Ximo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ximo »

There is chat, only not to everyone this time, only the members of the race you will be taking part in. Once you join the game there is the "chat here" button that you click on and the 4 players will see what you wrote
skyline_350z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline_350z »

ZeroB@NG wrote: the hydraulics stuff looks silly (at least for the 350z) and after 5 minutes of jumping around its getting boring :-/
Are you joking? How'd u get the hydraulics to work? Or are you lying?
Last edited by skyline_350z on 27 Oct 2004, 04:31, edited 2 times in total.
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

THe installation is kinda rediculous. Ive waited almost 3 hours to play the game and it says that theres an error. Can someone help me on this?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Can anyone post screenshots? I'm using 56 K here, takes years to download... THX!!! :P

And for people who has problems / errors while downloading, here's another link, new and improved:

ImageNeed For Speed Underground 2 Demo Image
Dman
Stock
Stock

Post by Dman »

Here is a screen shot of the hydros in use.....
Attachments
2.JPG
(70.16 KiB) Downloaded 5384 times
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

LOL!! Nice, and it's raining! What button did you press to make the car jump? Curious, what button do you press to Outrun mode? :P
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

Get behind another tuner and then when the white "icon" above your Cingular SMS blinks and you hear a beep press "Enter". Outrun mode show then kick in...

...Dman, how'd you unlock the hydros?

Keiri
Boofster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Boofster »

A lot of fun but I am dissapointed how slow it was. I also had to drop to 800x600 to get a decent feeling of speed. P4 3Gz NVidia FX5900 shouldn't be this slow.

Something that really bothered me is that I did not get the feeling of speed with the motion blur that I got on NFS1. Maybe it is the fact that there aren't that many straighaways but I got some decent speed and still no "motion blur" even though I think there was an option for it and it was turned on.

Let's hope they fix this up by release time.

Also, after an online race, why do you drop out of the room? What if you want to chat about the game with your opponents and do a rematch?? Hello EA?
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

Finally out... I'm waiting to get it in my country because I can't download it as international. damn it
Simon600
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Simon600 »

I totaly agree, EA just went on and made the game and didnt even take any poles to see what the players would like for online mode and other modes of play, I don't think EA really cares how good it is as long as it beats the compation and makes alot of money from hype. :(

Return to “News”