Showroom V2

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
NismoSKYLIN3R34
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NismoSKYLIN3R34 »

i think it would be pretty cool if like under the pic of where the car is theres a thing that shows the instrustions on how to make it. (like front bumper: storm, rear bumper: shadow). of course you wouldnt have to fill out this when you submit your cars if you dont want too.
Grimecent
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Grimecent »

NismoSKYLIN3R34 wrote:i think it would be pretty cool if like under the pic of where the car is theres a thing that shows the instrustions on how to make it. (like front bumper: storm, rear bumper: shadow). of course you wouldnt have to fill out this when you submit your cars if you dont want too.
yeh that wud b kool but most people probably dont want people copying their cars :)
LoTuX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LoTuX »

I don't know if this is possible, but it will be cool if we could put a video on our garage, to show all the cars angles and that because in a screenshot is impossible to show it all
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Possible yes, but wise? I don't think so.
How many ppl can make a movie and encode it to an acceptable size? I don't want the server to fill up with 10MB+ files which nobody is going to download.

I also think ppl will not go through all the trouble of going to edgefiles, downloading a video and watching it just to view the car from all angles.

About the car parts list: that is possible and I like the idea very much. We'll have to wait for the full game though to get a complete list of parts.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

I really like the personal garage idea and also the challenging show-off personal competition noted by jobo, so for the personal garage we can have our special edited pic at the top(kewl). I think though that you'll prolly need competitions that only allow like suvs seperate from car competitions.
As for having our setup specs under our cars, i think that should be optional, i don't think i want my cars copied either.About videos, not everyone could deal with dling videos to see the same car from diff angles, afterall we've been seeing cars from one angle in nfsu1 sr challenges and there were no complaints. Having a link to out garage in out profiles or under our avatar preferably sounds pretty handy. I think i'd be cool if we had a option to view the personal garage car in clip show mode, where the pics would change automatically and we just sit back and watch em but then that'd hinder placing a comment. bummer
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

In Showroom V1 we have the random entry thing.

OK I want that feature in V2 but now improved: Only show the cars you havent voted yet. I suppose that that is possible because we had it in TC.

Edited: Check this thread, another idea of mine :D
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=2893

Thanks.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

^Sparco^ wrote:In Showroom V1 we have the random entry thing.

OK I want that feature in V2 but now improved: Only show the cars you havent voted yet. I suppose that that is possible because we had it in TC.
Well, people might want to check out how the cars they've voted/commented are doing... So only showing the cars you haven't voted wouldn't work out, I think. But showing what you've voted on each thumbnail (like in the Showroom Challenges) would work out better...
^Sparco^ wrote:Check this thread, another idea of mine :D
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=2893
Yeah, as I said on that one I like that, but as an addition to the regular voting. And that the makers of the cars get to know if anyone has added one of their cars to their favourites. If this is possible of course.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The favourites idea is quite good but I think the max number of favourites should be limited to 10 or 20.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Bojan wrote:The favourites idea is quite good but I think the max number of favourites should be limited to 10 or 20.
I dont know why. Then many ppl will get the max and there will be no difference between them.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

What would happen when you had 50 or even 100 favourites? That won't be a favourites list anymore.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

very nice.
But i still prefer that users show their profile name. Cuz when NFSU2 will be out i bet on same day there will be 100% saved game for some cheater asses....
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Oh you mean each user can select 10-15 favorites as max, for example. Yeah then I agree with you, it is good to have a limit there.
But no limits in the cars. I mean my car could be the favorite of 300people, no limits there ;)

@Abrams: we rate the look of the car so who cares if he/she is a cheater. This is not a lap times challenge or smth like that...
There isnt any cheat to make your car good looking :D
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

There is cheat.
Is it nice when you passing the game, putting yr time and everything like that, and then some cheater come, copy-paste and whoa! he got all parts, all bodykits, all bumpers, all light....!everything! from first minute of play.
landauEX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by landauEX »

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Abrams wrote:There is cheat.
Is it nice when you passing the game, putting yr time and everything like that, and then some cheater come, copy-paste and whoa! he got all parts, all bodykits, all bumpers, all light....!everything! from first minute of play.
The point of showroom is not how fast you'll have a car with lvl3 or unique or whatever parts. It's about how good it looks like. And you can't cheat on appearance unless you photoshop the image. And that will not be allowed of course.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Bojan what about unlocking appearance upgrades?
What you think PIZZADOX will not get some cheats for visyal parts?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

As I said it doesn't matter.
And since custom vinyls will be allowed, all this really is pointless.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

After I got downvoted on a few cars in the showroom, I decided to see how many of the top 100 had been downvoted. I found 34 votes (30 1's and 4 2's). So this is a problem (as we all know). After discussing this with SuperRacer for a while on the chat, he came up with an idea for both the current showroom and the NFSU2 showroom. What I'm talking about is a script that removes all 1's (and maybe 2's) if the average rating on a car is above 7. Or 8... Can this be done?

Return to “Underground 2”