How fast have you driven yourself, or been driven?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing

How fast have you driven yourself, or been driven?

No more than 70mph (110km/h)...as any more is illegal
2%
75mph - 100mph (120-160km/h)
19%
101mph - 120mph (161-190km/h)
22%
121 - 140mph (191-225km/h)
23%
141 - 155mph (226-250km/h)
12%
155 - 199mph (251-320km/h)
10%
200mph+ (320km/h+) (yeah riiiiight!)
6%
I dont drive, or have only been driven at under 70mph (110km/h)
3%
I am a racing driver :)
2%

Total votes: 267

Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

lol even in kmh, 290 is too fast :lol:
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

I did 105mph in my Focus today! I made the light! Whoo!!!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Lol go on girl :D

Are you still interested in tuning your focus?
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Yes, I am. ^^

I'm not to worried about it looking like my NFSU Focus anymore, though.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Ahh ok :)

Have you ever thought of an engine transplant? Im not too knowledgable on the subject of focus tuning, but im sure you could get the RS engine in without too much fuss 8)
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Is that better than the ZX3? I know the local shop guys told me they can pull 380hp out of my ZX3's with the right parts.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

The RS is basically the rally works version :)

380bhp is very impressive by the way
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Hmm...I dunno if I have the budget to replace the whole engine...I think I'll just go with the upgrades. ^^

Yeah, 380hp sounds good to me. ^^
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

380 is a nice amouth of HP for a Focus... think you can outrun LOADS of cars with a good Tuned Focus
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

:lol: I think you should sell your focus and buy a japanese car, Ill be able to give you some helpful advice then :lol:

Just kidding, theyre nice cars. Im going to ask around a few people, see what they think can be done to a Focus for 10k :)
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Thanks, guys! Well, the shop guys made a list for me to match my budget. They said they'd order everything and get it all going for me. All i have to do is track down a cool bodykit. ^^
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Now thats a department I can help you with 8)
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

That'd be really appreciated. ^^

Think we'll get in trouble for going so far off topic? ^^;;
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

probably :)

Stigs opening up another topic for us anyway
GSR2000Civic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GSR2000Civic »

143 MPH In My Friends Supercharged Camaro SS On Spray (Nitrous)
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

My record is 121 - 140mph (191-225km/h), which was the topspeed of my old car (Mitsubischi Spacestar). Driving over the German Autobahn rocks :lol:
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

My dad used to take me along when he test drove Porsches (928, 911, etc...). Not sure exactly how fast. One time he took a 427 Ford LTD (large 4-door sedan) on a track and buried the 120 mph speedometer. Then the airflow under it started to get some lift. Another time, he borrowed his dad's old police interceptor and beat an El Camino. Ten years ago, my mom was driving through Utah on a long straight road and had the 80 mph speedometer on our Oldsmobile station wagon (affectionately reffered to as "The Tank") buried for ten seconds after she let off the accellerator. This is all second-hand, of course, but most likely true.
$DER PATE$
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by $DER PATE$ »

Ooohhh last weekend i made with my friend(he was driving) on his brother's cayenne S 180kph IN THE CITY(allowed are 50), ok it was 2 a.m. and the streets were empty but i was scared, man he's sooo crazy, but the S55 amg was the best :D
Whizza
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Whizza »

323 kph admittedly it wasnt in a car but on a nitro injected gsxr 1300 hyabusa running on av gas done it once never again at that speed you have no friends the slightest mis judgment and no doubt about it your history !!!!!!!!!
sc0ur
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sc0ur »

Some of you guys are shiznit. Where I live if you are clocked at over 200kmp/h you get manslaughter which = prison for quite a while.

Now, back to the topic. The fastest I have been was in a friends Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T (With the RB25 engine instead of the RB20)

It had a few mods (Chiped to remove speedcut + remap fuel and ignition, exhaust, 38mm wastegate, fuel pressure regulator, intake manifold, extra injectors + extra injector controller, fuel pump, some minor turbo work, I cant remember the turbo but off the top of my head it was a t66 or something like that and one of those gay nitrous kits that only work when you have your foot to the floor. Also it was a dry kit (Around 30+ HP)

Now, after heading back from the drags when decided to really open it up (first time using nitrous etc) So he gave it some gas and the speedo quickly wraped around past 180kmp/h (doesnt take long.. 180 is usual motorway cruising speed) then he just planted it and the car was pulling all the way untill it hit about 8k revs in its final gear. The AVC-R was reading a pretty damn quick 288kmp/h when we hit the redline... The goal was to mod it some more and buy a new box with slightly longer final ratio and get 300+ but that never happened as it was totaled while drifting a dodgy country road...

Just incase someone doesnt want to read all of that the top speed was 288kmp/h

I have a photo of it that on of the guys in the back seat took with his camera.

Anyway, cheers.

Edit: Another time where it felt like we were going really really damn fast was when me and a friend where in an old Mitsubishi Mirage 1983 2Door Hatch... very rusty, one of the front tires was flat and all the rest probly different pressure. We took the exhaust off and the airfilter to try squeeze and extra horsepower or so out of the car. We took that on the motorway and tried to race a Subaru Legacy Wagon and we got wasted.. but it was fun, almost hitting redline in fourth gear (only had 4 gears) then slapping it into power from econonmy was awesome fun, we had that thing reving past 10 before with no worries. 150kmp/h top speed but it feels like your flying and with the huge amount of wobling the car does it feels like its the last thing you will ever do.

Also I have seen some very VERY fast street racing here. There is a drag car (R34 Skyline) that can do 8seconds and its street legal.. (well theres 2 that do about the same time) and a few 9 second Evo1/2s all from where I live. Plus I saw an RX3 hold a huge wheelie from the lights in town... pure awesome.
Last edited by sc0ur on 25 Nov 2004, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

180 KMH.
With my dad and my stepmother in a Volvo XC-70 Diesel.
On swedish freeways, early morning on a shopping trip ;)
My Step mother didn't feel like going much more so we let off there, even though there was more straight to do it.
I was impressed that the Diesel had that much potential actually.
Whizza
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Whizza »

sc0ur wrote:Some of you guys are shiznit. Where I live if you are clocked at over 200kmp/h you get manslaughter which = prison for quite a while.

Now, back to the topic. The fastest I have been was in a friends Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T (With the RB25 engine instead of the RB20)

It had a few mods (Chiped to remove speedcut + remap fuel and ignition, exhaust, 38mm wastegate, fuel pressure regulator, intake manifold, extra injectors + extra injector controller, fuel pump, some minor turbo work, I cant remember the turbo but off the top of my head it was a t66 or something like that and one of those gay nitrous kits that only work when you have your foot to the floor. Also it was a dry kit (Around 30+ HP)

Now, after heading back from the drags when decided to really open it up (first time using nitrous etc) So he gave it some gas and the speedo quickly wraped around past 180kmp/h (doesnt take long.. 180 is usual motorway cruising speed) then he just planted it and the car was pulling all the way untill it hit about 8k revs in its final gear. The AVC-R was reading a pretty damn quick 288kmp/h when we hit the redline... The goal was to mod it some more and buy a new box with slightly longer final ratio and get 300+ but that never happened as it was totaled while drifting a dodgy country road...

Just incase someone doesnt want to read all of that the top speed was 288kmp/h

I have a photo of it that on of the guys in the back seat took with his camera.

Anyway, cheers.

Edit: Another time where it felt like we were going really really damn fast was when me and a friend where in an old Mitsubishi Mirage 1983 2Door Hatch... very rusty, one of the front tires was flat and all the rest probly different pressure. We took the exhaust off and the airfilter to try squeeze and extra horsepower or so out of the car. We took that on the motorway and tried to race a Subaru Legacy Wagon and we got wasted.. but it was fun, almost hitting redline in fourth gear (only had 4 gears) then slapping it into power from econonmy was awesome fun, we had that thing reving past 10 before with no worries. 150kmp/h top speed but it feels like your flying and with the huge amount of wobling the car does it feels like its the last thing you will ever do.

Also I have seen some very VERY fast street racing here. There is a drag car (R34 Skyline) that can do 8seconds and its street legal.. (well theres 2 that do about the same time) and a few 9 second Evo1/2s all from where I live. Plus I saw an RX3 hold a huge wheelie from the lights in town... pure awesome.

well here in oz if you get caught doin over 200kph its just loss of licence and a big fine the first time the next time it is deep shiznit

as for shiznit of the speed i have the vidio of the speedo from the camera that was strapped to the tank any more questions ?
V0dka
Stock
Stock

Post by V0dka »

182km/h in my dads Nissan X-trail lol, towards 140 the car doesnt feel so stabel so dont recommend it.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Good thing you didn't get busted by the cops, but you'll get busted by the mods if you don't change your sig size . . .

Anyway, welcome to the forums :D
MarkInIreland
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarkInIreland »

Ok the fastest I have been in a car is at 140mph in a 360 Ferrari although I was not the driver, im not gonna say that I enjoyed it, because I didnt :-) and i had a bit of an argument with the driver. The only person I trust in driving is myself. I had a drive in the same car, but didnt get above 80-90 mph in it, aaa well.
Fastest I have drove myself was 126mph in a mazda mx-5 when I was 17, caught by the police, car taken of me by my dad even though it was mine.

Return to “The Cars”