PS2 or PC?.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
M_S
Professional
Professional

PS2 or PC?.

Post by M_S »

im contemplating if i shoudl buy it for pc or ps2. what should i do?
what are the pro's and con's of ps2 v's pc?. please i need to know.
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

get the pc version if your machine can handle it. better graphics :) also, if u NEED to use a controller, there is a ps2>usb adaptor u can use so u can play witht he ps2 dualshock. else get a wheel :)

pc version hands down
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

PC: And addition to that, you can download vinyls, and maybe even import / export songs from the game! I am certain these things will come to us in the future. ;)
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

Indeed you should go for the pc version, just because of the fact that you can customize it, import vinyls and songs and stuff like that. And playing multiplayer is easier.
Racing should be done with a racing wheel, and as a second option keyboard, but not with a small controller.
mr_oh_so_ice
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mr_oh_so_ice »

Besides the better graphics and future customizability of the PC version, you can still use Winamp or another media player for music, but its also cheaper than the console counterpart. Here in Canada, the PC version goes for 49.99 while the PS2 and Xbox ones are either 69.99 or 64.99.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

PS2's graphics suck ...

But it's more fun to actually play your friends when you're in the same room playing on a 40" TV and you can see their faces after you destroyed them ...
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

yes. i think i will choose ps2 over pc. . lol. thanks guys
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Jmac- wrote:PS2's graphics suck ...

But it's more fun to actually play your friends when you're in the same room playing on a 40" TV and you can see their faces after you destroyed them ...
IMO, that's not true. The PS2 gets out enough details.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

depends how greta your pc is. its like ps1 WOW GRETA GRAPHICS then ps2 came out and ps1 looked liek a pos. well thats what i think. :)
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

PS2 Version way better, no laggig crap, or aany of that ps2 is better than cp anyways, and for that matter better than xbox or gamecube
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Personal preferance, that's what I like to call... M.S, I think you should add a poll for this thread... Image
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

Jmac- wrote:But it's more fun to actually play your friends when you're in the same room playing on a 40" TV and you can see their faces after you destroyed them ...
you can do that with a PC.
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

yea, i have a console version, but my friends who have too much free time set up a l.a.n. just for this game, since this is like the only game we play. so i get to use a full screen computer instead of the split screen on console. i like pc better now, i can see my custom gauge when racing them
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

how did u get the pc version to work with the ps2 version on a lan/
f3iq3x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by f3iq3x »

2 player nsfu2 SUCKS on ps2
its is terrible frame rate is crap and everything real low res
this is even visable in urls

i still have it for ps2 thou :P :P :P
Toolplusplus
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Toolplusplus »

Gotsa say PC also, much better choice of peripherals, plus I hate gamepads like nothing else.

I use WASD for driving, actually :P
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

NFSBLUECIVIC wrote:PS2 Version way better, no laggig crap, or aany of that ps2 is better than cp anyways, and for that matter better than xbox or gamecube
You need a better computer ...

PS2 lags way more than my computer does and I have a greatly outdated GeForce4 MX440 FFS ...

Having played PS2 on GameCube, PS2, and PC, PC offers the best graphics by far ... 1) It isn't blurry like GC or PS2 ... 2) GC has better graphics than PS2 ... 3) GC's controller is awkward for this game ... 4) Both consoles lag harshly, epsecially in multiplayer ... My PC, on the other hand, maintains over 30 fps w/ 2x FSAA with all graphics on high (in game FSAA turned off because I don't have it set to "Controlled by Application" in my graphics card settings ... Mind you, I don't have all options enabled because my graphics card doesn't have DirectX 8 or 9 support, but it still looks a hell of a lot better ...

Oh, BTW, if you're thinking it's because of a crappy TV, the PS2 is on a 36" Sony Wega HDTV (not 40" as I had said in a previous post) ... Not sure if NFSU2 supports high-defintion on PS2, though ... Oh, and my monitor is a 1994 NEC XE17 :P
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

anfrey it wasnt a ps2 n computer on lan, it was 2 computers
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

Played it on PS2, got it on PC now, much better. It's great, plus much easier to post up rides to this site :wink: . Downloadable skins and whatnot is great, I just think pc has more to modify.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

well for all you rich folks can have a nice cp, and for me in the ghetto, i have a ps2
anfrey
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by anfrey »

i live in the ghetto, dont' have any gaming consoles nor a television. just my pc.... indianapolis, 42nd street w0ot! i hate my neighborhood

Return to “Underground 2”