Did EA Get it Right or Wrong?!

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Did EA Get it Right or Wrong?!

Post by AcidDog »

EA wanted to give us a mega game I think, and they said that they listened to the fans when making 2...

Well I think they listened to the wrong fans... the only thing I reckon was well done is that they included a LAN option, although only on a PC version...

As for all the free roaming and hidden races, it takes away from the racing... AND MY GOODNESS!!!! WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE CIRCUITS THAT TAKE TEN MINUTES TO RACE, I MEAN PLEASE!!!!!

Anyone ever tried to see around a corner in those long Drag races that take forever??? Get almost to the end only to be wiped out by an oncoming car which you couldn't see!!!

The cars aren't that hot either... pretty much the same as the first one with some new inclusions. But nothing updated, like the Honda Civic hatchback, or the Mitsubishi FTO or even dare I say it a Golf 5 instead of the old Golf 4...

EA made a massive game, that is an improvement on the first but they got a lot wrong this time around...

What do you dudes say??? :evil: :evil:
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

A lot wrong ...

Physics
Rain is retarded
AI still sucks
Slow, slow, slow game
SUVs = retarded
Too easy
shiznit storyline
Too few cars
Forces you to rice your vehicle to obtain DVD covers
Hidden races difficult to locate in many cases
etc.
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

I guess you haven't read all their reports on the site before the release of the game.

They said they were putting back all the cars that were in the last game and that there would be 30-31 cars in total, meaning 10-11 cars which were going to be new, so why do you complain NOW that they put the old cars back in the game? (even though they did leave out the S2000 and the Integra).

As for SUV's, they were trying to add more variation to the game, and no matter what you say, SUV's play a major part in the tuner scene, a lot of the tuner scene is for image, not speed.

This is a fault though, they tried variation but they gave it a half-arsed attempt and should have spent more time to release the game in order to get licenses for more cars in the game, (50 cars would have resulted in a good blend of variation ranging from cars for speed and cars for looks)

Dude, how does free roaming and hidden races take it away from the street racing? Free roaming gives you a much more realistic feel, instead of just going to events. Just free roaming isn't what makes it great, but having the outrun challenges and hidden events makes it much more realistic, hidden events represent the races which people have to be in the know about, if the races weren't hidden, cops would know all about it (well quicker than normal). Circuits are gay, yes. They aren't part of the scene but I guess EA just want to keep a bit of tradition to their Need For Speed series.

There will always be people whinging about the cars in street racing games, if there were 50 cars, people would still complain about cars which play a major part in the scene in real life not being in the game. And with more cars being wanted, if they were to do it, it would take longer to make and most likely result in more cars, but less effort spent on them.

They made a lot of improvements on the game and the game is still very good, but yes there are still a lot of flaws with the game, as with many games. What it comes down to, would you be prepared to wait another year for the game to come out with these flaws gone or to get it now and just have fun out of all of what is available. Tuner games are really big atm, and there will be more titles coming out soon no doubt, so let's just see what they bring!

:D
Dr-CiviC
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Dr-CiviC »

all in one sentence EA f*** up real bad :(
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

Hey Dtox, you got some points but have you considered these :

1. We can complain any time we want, and I believe you should only complain once you've seen the finished product. I don't care that Golf and Civic are back, but I had hoped for an up to date version of those cars that have 2004 models out!

2. SUV's play a large part in "real" life... But what is the point in a game that is essentially about racing a tricked out car???? Dude realise that you can't even open the doors or do any tricks anywhere, so what's the point??? There's no style comps. like in "real" life... No shine and show!!!

3. Hidden races are only hidden from the people who don't know... If you are part of the tuner scene you know. In reality I know exactly where illegal street racing is, even the cops do. All hidden races do is stop you from finishing the game properly... If your character is in the Underground he should know where the dudes hang and where they race.

4. Free roaming is a good idea, but again it was not executed well in my opinion.

5. Underground 2 is an awesome game, that is twice the game that 1 was, and that is rare, usually sequels disappoint. But they could have paid a little more attention to some little details instead of making such a monster sized game.
Dtox
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dtox »

Yeah, I didn't mean to slag you off or anything btw!

Yeah that's what dissapointed me, I was sure that somewhere early last year when they first started mentioning information about the game, there would be an event or area to go where you can show your ride off (exactly what you said the SUV's would be for) And it's rather stink how you can't open your doors, show the ICE and what not in the street, so yeah I know where you are coming from, basically it all comes down to their half assed attempt at variation and their main focus on getting BIGGER in terms of map size and game length.

Yeah good point about the hidden races, there still may be some exceptions since the character is new to Bayview so he may not be entirely in the know, but now i'm just getting pedantic heh :wink:

And yeah it's true, free roaming wasn't well executed, check numerous gaming sites and this is where it has fallen majorly, there needs to be more shortcuts, and off-road activities, all you can do is drive on the main road so after a while, it just gets dull.

Let's just hope, if there is another game to follow, it clears up on this. :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

AcidDog, if you want the race to be really "illegal", get SRS or Midnight Dub. I think that's the right choice for you if you like it rough. Shouldn't get UG1 in the first place...
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

EH! I've finished U1 at least a dozen times, and U2 twice already... I love the games, but if one doesn't have constructive critizism how can anyone improve their games... Midnight Club is not such a hot game, and I dislike the handling of the cars, as for the other game, I haven't even heard of it!

p.s. Tuner Underground = Illegal Street Racing... depends which side of the law you sit!!! (pretty much like every single NFS game out!)

or were those cops trying to pull me over to share a doughnut??? :lol:
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

the messed up reallllllllll bad.

Seriously, who needs and is going to put a SUV in a drag race costing you $4000 ?

They missed out in putting some other cars in the game because they never hang with racers themselves. They should come to our racing events and such and check out the cars that attend. That will give em an idea that there are no such vehicles like a suv or ford mustang racing in a street racer or a track race. they got it all wrong.

Also with major flaws, bugs and mis added things, they havent done their job well. or good. or average. Just real low.

The tracks are the worst in a nfs game yet. Come on. They could have done much better.

Also they made the multiplayer into a sad kind. What i mean is that they should have make it like Final Fantasy XI or Everquest. Meaning 1000 racers can be on one server and you can see your friends racing or clans racing side by side and challenge them or stuff. Awesome stuff would be road blocks and stuff you can do and such. That'd be cool. And if you wanted to challenge someone to an outrun, you just press a button of if you wanted to challenge them to a street x or drift etc, you got to the "hq" and drive in the drive through and challenge and such. For drag races, you just stop and press a button and choose drag race. Then it starts. Also during races, you will be in the same environment as the other racers not competeiing and other racers can help you or be agaisnt you.

It'd be cool if nfs took ideas like what i just stated cuz it just isnt the same anymore.
unfknblvble
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by unfknblvble »

Three Words

Motor City Online

'nuff said.
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

jmac- shiznit storyline??? its a racing game...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Why are you talking to Jmac? He didn't post anything in this thread... :roll:
makreller_dk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by makreller_dk »

Andre_online wrote:Why are you talking to Jmac? He didn't post anything in this thread... :roll:
Well he did!
Jmac- wrote:A lot wrong ...

Physics
Rain is retarded
AI still sucks
Slow, slow, slow game
SUVs = retarded
Too easy
shiznit storyline
Too few cars
Forces you to rice your vehicle to obtain DVD covers
Hidden races difficult to locate in many cases
etc.
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

i think they should do "need for speed underground 3" with more stuff :)
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

They added a shiznit storyline ...

Either leave the storyline out or actually come up with a half-assed (or better) story ... This was much less than a half-assed storyline, IMO ...

Police also would've made it interesting ... As well as a damage engine ...

The tracks are alright, I guess, but there are way too many corners on the freeway ...

When you race a Sprint, Drag, or Downhill Drift, you should start where you entered the race and end up where you finished the race ... It's retarded how it warps you to a different area and then, when you finish the race, magically warps you back to where you were on the map before the race ...

I'd like the ability to actually control my car in a drag, not just switch lanes ... The lane thing firetruck pisses me off ...

Also, I feel that drift and street x tracks should've been held in the city instead of warping to another area ...

Also, why is a 400 hp 206 able to exceed 200 mph ? or any car in the game for that matter ... This just bugs the hell out of me ... Also the amount of power made (400+ hp made from the Miata's tiny 1.6 liter engine ? Only 504 hp made by the Skyline ?) ...

It's a fun game, no doubt, but there is tons of room for improvement ...
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

Dig the idea of a massive multiplayer online game!!! That would be awesome, at least they've done half the work already!!! They got an awesome city, give them that... now if they would pop in some online play like you talking about that'd be awesome!!! :lol:

It's a good racer, but honestly finishing it a second time was just a chore, not as much fun as I'd hoped it would be... and online is pretty much like 1 isn't it... pitty.
f360spyda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by f360spyda »

rain was useless. they shoulda left it out. driving 2 minutes to get to a race in the middle of jackson heights is annoying, also.
if i just do it from the garage world map, i dont get any money? is that supposed to happen?
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

WEll, that was interesting wasn't it?
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

f360spyda wrote:rain was useless. they shoulda left it out. driving 2 minutes to get to a race in the middle of jackson heights is annoying, also.
if i just do it from the garage world map, i dont get any money? is that supposed to happen?
See the thread I made ...

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=4268
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

NFSU2 is a great game, but because of our high expectations its a little disapointing.
I think the circuits are much 2 long, drag tracks are filled with stupid obstacles (why no real dragstrip, there's a real circuit 2!)
The tuning was great, but the parts are the same. It lacks of amout of cars.

But then again it stays a great game IMO
werzil_uk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by werzil_uk »

Yeh still plenty wrong with the game but i think theyve improved most ov the major wrong things from the first one, not to 100% but not a bad effort. U can actually c wots goin under ya bonnet etc now and a bit ov basic tuning is ok. the free roam idea is soooo much betta i cnt beleive peeps think its wrong.the new special parts r kwl 2.URL tracks luv it!SUV's well i hate em but loadsa people like em out there so this mite grab more audience.
Still things i personally arent happy wiv(doesnt put me off tho):

The body parts r basically the same as the first.
Car selection hasnt been changed much.
Cant sell a car for cash.
The fact that i hav 2 use an mx5(still like em a bit) instead ov a skyline online for bendy tracks.
CATCH UP MODE!!!!!!!! outruns etc.
Bouncin off walls is just as fast in sum cases lol amazin.
On the walls subject i know y they dont do it but proper damage would be gud (a shame in a way to c ya ride go but realistic).
Drag objects.

So really theres still a bit but out ov all the games like this i think nfsu2 is the best mayb by no.6 itll b awesome lol

can you type in normal ENGLISH? so I don't have to get my ALI G dictionary every time you post....
-TheStig
fishtaco
Stock
Stock

Post by fishtaco »

I thought this stayed true to the NFS series. I think NFSU2 is good enough. But I do think this is what NFSU1 should have been. NFSU1 was like a prototype to test out the market, I don't consider it a complete racing game.

If NFSU3 makes the same amount of improvement as NFSU2 over 1, then it would be a really good game.
keith23
Ricer
Ricer

Post by keith23 »

i agree partially, why?

you enter circuit race

1. the racing track is very long, and we have to race 3 lap

you enter URL race

2. you race 4 laps, and after completed, next race, then next race

omg, and you are racing opposite way, that all

and is pretty tiring.

everybody plays this game is to modify your car to your best visual effects, and admire

but you have to go through lot of race

lol

make it short and sharp and have more race that will be enough

20 coppers for my suggestions
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i agree with almost all the negatives u guys said, but im not gonna repeat them cause i think ill just be saying the same thing... lets start with the good stuff... ok i love the free roam.. its cool. however the cars, well the performances are not accurate at all.... if they were gonna give cars from nfsu1 an update, they did, ie. sti and evo... but what about the supra, or make the civic a type R? in theory the NA supra cannot take that much hp in the engine its just not possible because, its not the same as the 2jz-gte...anyways ill stop talking about that cause everyone will agree with that and knows about it... what troubles me is that if ur gonna pick elite cars, make em elite tuner cars... ---prelude, integra... 300zx... supra TT... the worst part of the game i think is the online mode... the US version cannot play with the EURO version!! wtf is that all about... no wonder online is empty... plus if u want to contend in online, u have to use the best car, because not even correct tuning will make the cars pretty even... ie. 240sx/rx7 are best drag cars.. surprise, surprise...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Gees, that sucks! I was really anticipating for that Online EU vs US version! Now this is sh***y! :evil:

Return to “Underground 2”