Worst Online

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
littlemanps
Ricer
Ricer

Worst Online

Post by littlemanps »

This may possibly be the worst online game i have ever played...make that tried to play. First of all the filter is a joke. You can't disable it and it says there are like 30 games and none of them show up...even when you dink around with the filter for like 30 min only like 2 or 3 games show up. And what is up with the Ranked cars crap. You can't use your own cars...? WTF!!!??? EA has really screwed up this online mode of this game. It's alright that you can customize the ranked cars. But the filter thing needs to be thrown away...i hope a patch or something comes out that you can disable the filter and make the online mode a lot more entertaining...online mode is terrible...i don't know what made EA let the game go already when the mode is this bad...
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

hey...at least theres LAN so i can kick my friends arses on a one gigabit bandwidth 8)
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

ok , go online , and when choosing one of those rancked cars in stead of choosing it, read the screen !

it says , press (circle for me ps2 user) X key to change to car lot and get another car and then custumize it. allthey waht is that the ranked cars are to be based on standard stage 3 max cars and the rest is to the user to tune , and the retched gearboxers suck hell ; once set corectly in each mode you should allready be kickin unset player cars.

for the filter part , i'm SOOOOOO glad someone said that , it suck aswell, i allready disliked the first one with so many ussless rooms (ie what is a euro guy going to lag a us game ??? so stupid lol ) but that one is hell! you can't even see whos playing :@
thats where i like the socom2 (allredy to many rooms ) but here we have one of the worst i've ever seen.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

ok well then the online really does suck... i just wanna be able to un filter the stuff... and the worst parts is that EURO cannot play US.... that sucks :evil:
Stazak
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Stazak »

i dont know but when i play online .. the maximun rooms i see is 2 ..

and it says 92 games created , and 124 users online ..

is it just me or its buggeD?
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

its cause of the blody filter thing, and i don't think there ever going to be anything done....

unfortunatly we just have to keep fiddling with the filter.

and yeh it suck i can't play vs us guys, but on the other hand less lag .... it already is bad enough.......
hardvibes03
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hardvibes03 »

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!
I bought the game to play online and I can't because of that shiznit!!!!!!!

this game is a JOKE seriously!!
I want my money back firetruck EA :evil:
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

hardvibes03 wrote:what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!
I bought the game to play online and I can't because of that shiznit!!!!!!!

this game is a JOKE seriously!!
I want my money back firetruck EA :evil:

i thought the same , but i'm geting KIND of used to it know and started macking my way up ranckings...fun is there after all..... 8)
Lamboluke
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lamboluke »

NOO!! i hope the online isnt crap, i was really lookin forward to it for xmas. Whats the big problem with the filter? Cant you just turn it off? And how come some people have said there is only 3 games or somat? can someone take a screen of the online bit. Thx
hardvibes03
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hardvibes03 »

Lamboluke wrote:NOO!! i hope the online isnt crap, i was really lookin forward to it for xmas. Whats the big problem with the filter? Cant you just turn it off? And how come some people have said there is only 3 games or somat? can someone take a screen of the online bit. Thx
what a shame for EA

that's the same in each room (drift-drag-sprint-circuit-etc... ranked AND unranked game , enabling AND disabling filter options)

where the hell are those players??
Attachments
emptyfuck.JPG
(76.73 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
littlemanps
Ricer
Ricer

Post by littlemanps »

yeah, and you can't disable it...

P.S. nice car hardvibes
littlemanps
Ricer
Ricer

Post by littlemanps »

lolol, i just noticed that name on that image...firetruck.jpg lol
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

it not any beter on ps2 :evil:
Lolindir
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lolindir »

I think it's because you're behind a router, or not?
If you are, you'll have to open the ports as mentioned in the manual
Lamboluke
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lamboluke »

Oh, so if i wont be using a router when i get my new computer and nfs:u 2 for xmas, then i wont have the same problem as "hardvibes" and the other people?
unfknblvble
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by unfknblvble »

My booboo about online play is (as well as the above lack of online games) is the disqualification notification. I don't know why people get dq'd or what triggers it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also I think online wil get busier as more ppl complete career mode.

(I hope)
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

unfknblvble wrote:My booboo about online play is (as well as the above lack of online games) is the disqualification notification. I don't know why people get dq'd or what triggers it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also I think online wil get busier as more ppl complete career mode.

(I hope)
I'm now 90% sure disqualification is due to the player averaging at below 30fps for a race. It keeps on happening to me, and there is just no point me playing online now.

My reasons for believing it's do with fps is using Fraps to caputre how many frames I'm getting, and it would seem a average below 30 will get me disqualified.

I have contacted EA about this issue TWO days ago, and still have not had a reply. I think the disqualification system is unfair and unneccaserry.
unfknblvble
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by unfknblvble »

It's very bloody aggravating! I have lost a drift race because of it! I had 366000 odd points at the finish, but got to the next screen where it says who won etc... and find out I was dq'd. The dude that won had 320000 odd points.

DOH!
littlemanps
Ricer
Ricer

Post by littlemanps »

Lolindir wrote:I think it's because you're behind a router, or not?
If you are, you'll have to open the ports as mentioned in the manual
i don't use a router...what problem are u talking about?
hardvibes03
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hardvibes03 »

Lamboluke wrote:Oh, so if i wont be using a router when i get my new computer and nfs:u 2 for xmas, then i wont have the same problem as "hardvibes" and the other people?
look
I disabled my firewall
and the problem persists... :evil:
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

got firewall/router and more , just connects and plays fine, i got dsiqual once, and that was weirdly when i found the game lagged due to me downloading a street vid at the same time on my pc and i'm usiing a switch , that got me disqual , cut the dl ; never gotthet prob again.
SunnyGTiR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SunnyGTiR »

just a guess, about the games created/people online. i think this is for all ea games, not just ug2. i too hate the filter.
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

I have been disqualified once, after I won a race, and even lapped both the competitors... but it never happened again... very irritating, but hey you suk it in and get on with the next race.

They guys online are really cool, and have made good buddies. Once you start making buddies, you can create your own games and invite them. Also you will start getting invited to games.

I don't think I wait longer than three minutes to start a game. Its quite fun. There's usually one or two games that you see. But remember that you must set filter correctly. I.E. Ranked games, what type of race, and most importantly car restrictions. Things like collision detection and race breaker don't matter.

If there are no games, create one and invite players to join thru messenger. The other major problem is a lot of guys start trying to use their career cars, and that means you go to unranked games, which in the end results in not seeing many games online.

The reason there are 300 players online and 90 games created, but you don't see them all, depends on a lot of factors. XBox, PS2, PC, GC all don't see eachother. Drag, Circuit, X, URL and Drift don't see eachother. Ranked and Unranked don't see eachother. So it all depends on your filter.
Also, there may be an issue around US and EU versions that don't see eachother. Although I have US version and have raced guys from UK, Germany, USA, Hungry, Russia and Poland. PC version seems to let anyone race, but guys with Opel won't see guys with Honda as car selected.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

I just saw this post, what is all this crap about this online play???
AcidDog wrote:I have been disqualified once
The system dq's some1 on cheating, but based on what??? The gap to the cars behind you? Or what? B/c u were too fast for the others? Man...
AcidDog wrote:XBox, PS2, PC, GC all don't see eachother.
wtf man, I was so looking forward to racing my bro w/ his XBox, and me w/ PC. Why did EA tear this option out of NFSU2... we all made buddies in NFSU1, but some we won't meet again in NFSU2 b/c of this separation. Done some searching and EA DID announce it: 1st question in this article >>>
"Any major patch released would have resulted in breaking the connectivity between the PC and the console community, as they'd be running different versions of the game. Because of these issues, we thought it best to go a more traditional route this year and keep each community separate."
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

they took the option out cause the pc users CHEAT! just go around the net , and pc cheats are just all over the place, try racing a pc vs a ps2 , well 99% of the time the pc is in front, why? isn't that weird? some people on pc have records that no ps2 or Xbox could managed to do.

ie; in nfsu1 , i raced my freind on pc , the prob was he had all unic on the car and i had just the standard.

well its the same on the 2. and i'm sooo glad finally i just play vs users with the same cheating possibilities as me, ie, nearly none. to none online.

is u get disqaul , i have found out that something weird hapened, ie; i saw my competitor crash, but he hadn't actually crashed and fineshed the race ( i mean i saw a fliying car....) so the race disqualed him and also ive realized that if 1 of 4 users can't sonchronise corectly he get disqual to.

but , it only hapens rarely now. or i havn't seen some disqual in a day or 2 .

Return to “Underground 2”