WHOA!

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Zodiac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

WHOA!

Post by Zodiac »

I was just surfing round and found this... :shock:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Odd% ... izzly.html
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

That firetruck had no right to shoot that grizzly. Next time he goes out hunting he has to take some darts with him to stun the bear not kill it
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Holy shiznit. That bear is f*ckin huge!

But you're right DoR, he had no right to shoot it. Poor bugger . . .
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

The bear had already killed 2 hitch hikers, and charged towards him.

You have a gun, and a 12ft bear is charging at you. The bear is faster than you, and can climb. What do you do?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
SYFX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by SYFX »

You have a gun, and a 12ft bear is charging at you. The bear is faster than you, and can climb. What do you do?
scream for help while reloading. :D
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:You have a gun, and a 12ft bear is charging at you. The bear is faster than you, and can climb. What do you do?
well...you don't have to go in search of bears...if you can buy some good steak at the market...
btw, if is the bear going in search of you the things are totally different :D
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

The guy who shot it was out deer hunting when the bear charged, which means he was in a whole different ball park. :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Ok i've actually read the artcile now . . .

It says he shot the bear once and it went down. Fair enough. But then he walked over to it and shot it in the head! Surely he could have just ran away and called the wildlife protection dudes?
Zodiac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zodiac »

Yeh i was thinking the same thing.. How could you kill it? ( even though it was snacking on hikers ) but perhaps he didnt have much choice, they say you should never run from a bear... Still cant believe the size of it though ... Geez!!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

I know its not right, but in all fairness, if I was that guy, the bear would have a hell of a lot more than 1 shot in it. ;)
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

That is one huge bear.. :shock:
If I was there when the bear charged, I would have screamed like a girl.. :lol: :lol:

But it's sad to see the granddaddy of all bears die just like that in an instant... :(
That guy could probably just shoot it once or twice on it's limb(to slow it down) so he could go get help.. :roll:
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: If I told you, you wouldn't know, so why should I tell you

RE: to the Pic

Post by ez4u2nv »

i'm a hunter, i don't shoot for sport, what i shoot i eat. Next, if a dangerous animal is charging you and you don't want to die that very instant you better do somethin or ya goin to be lunch. From what i have read a understood, this guy shot the bear in self-defense cause it charged him. I dont' see how that is wrong. Think about it, for example , if some person broke into your house and had a gun, and was, lets say, goin to steal your brand new 60" HD TV that cost a couple thousand and you saw him, so u went and got your gun to defend yourself, when suddenly he aims is gun at you and you have a split second to decide whether you want to live or die. If you shoot him, you shot him is self-defense cause he threatened your life. That is exactly what that man did, he shot the bear in self-defense cause the bear put his life in danger.

BTW-For all you dumb people, you know who you are. The only difference between my example and the actual story, is that the bear wasn't tryin to steal a 60" HD TV, he was tryin to kill the man.

Also i understand and do believe that sometimes we encroach on other animals territory and probably that all that this bear was tryin to do was to defend what was his and that this person wasn't ready to go yet cause if he was we had seen him on the news. AND the news people would be sayin that this person got mauled by a bear and try to make us feel for the human instead of the bear. Give the guy a chance, he was only tryin to stay alive and he did what he had to do, whether you like or not.

If I was in his shoes, I'd done the same thing.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

OK I've got some questions and comments on what you just said:

He was entering the bears natural habitat, and he should have known the risk of bears.
Why did he have to shoot the bear twice, when it went down with the first shot?
Why are Americans so gun obsessed? Everyone seems to have a gun.
If some dude aimed a gun at me and took my TV, I would let him take it. Why does anyone have to die? Just because he's a theif, it doesn't mean that you should pump him full of lead.
All you have to do is call the freakin police. It's their job to catch criminals, not yours.
I shouldn't say this, but when it comes to guns, you Americans are f*cking crazy (not all, but most).
I highly reccomend that you watch the movie Bowling for Columbine.

That's all for now . . .
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

I live in America, and I still think that most of them are freaking crazy. Many of them have guns, especially where I live, and many hunt. What with all of the terrorist attacks, many people fear for their safety. Hence the increase in gun ownership. If someone has a person break into their house, they may panic and try to shoot the thief. Sometimes, the thief will shoot just because he accidentally finds you home. It is difficult to think clearly when you are under pressure (i.e. robbery, bear attack). Sometimes, the thief will shoot just because he accidentally finds you home. This was what the bear did. It saw him and attacked, thus the necessity for defense. As for why he shot twice, there comes a point when you must, as we say, "put it out of it's misery." With the injury it had, chances are it wouldn't survive long in the wild anyways.

Just my thoughts based on the people I have met, stories I have heard, and personal feelings.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

chimpzrl wrote:As for why he shot twice, there comes a point when you must, as we say, "put it out of it's misery." With the injury it had, chances are it wouldn't survive long in the wild anyways.
I bet that he wasn't thinking that . . .
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: RE: to the Pic

Post by TheStig »

ez4u2nv wrote:i'm a hunter, i don't shoot for sport, what i shoot i eat. Next, if a dangerous animal is charging you and you don't want to die that very instant you better do somethin or ya goin to be lunch. From what i have read a understood, this guy shot the bear in self-defense cause it charged him. I dont' see how that is wrong. Think about it, for example , if some person broke into your house and had a gun, and was, lets say, goin to steal your brand new 60" HD TV that cost a couple thousand and you saw him, so u went and got your gun to defend yourself, when suddenly he aims is gun at you and you have a split second to decide whether you want to live or die. If you shoot him, you shot him is self-defense cause he threatened your life. That is exactly what that man did, he shot the bear in self-defense cause the bear put his life in danger.

BTW-For all you dumb people, you know who you are. The only difference between my example and the actual story, is that the bear wasn't tryin to steal a 60" HD TV, he was tryin to kill the man.

Also i understand and do believe that sometimes we encroach on other animals territory and probably that all that this bear was tryin to do was to defend what was his and that this person wasn't ready to go yet cause if he was we had seen him on the news. AND the news people would be sayin that this person got mauled by a bear and try to make us feel for the human instead of the bear. Give the guy a chance, he was only tryin to stay alive and he did what he had to do, whether you like or not.

If I was in his shoes, I'd done the same thing.
If I shoot a thief... I am in trouble... cause I land in prison...for Killing a man.. like Bogan said... we got cops for that.... and besides that... it makes a hell of a mess to shoot someone in your house
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

u wont go into jail if its self defence, not in the courts here. almost 85% of people who plead to self defence do not go to jail. i mean it isnt fair, if someone is pointing a gun at you and is aobut to kill you and you had a gun to them as well and could stop them wouldnt you? rather then dying there and then?....

and im pretty sure he shot the bear again to end its misery, its really sad to see a bear in pain, although they couldve operated and saved the beat probably.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

if he HAD a gun! but then again guns are illegal here! (without a licence wich isn't easy to get!) but if it the thief doesn't have a gun and you shoot him it isn't selfdefence is it?
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

if he had a knife and tried stabbing you and you shoot him its self defense,but if he was just standing there robbng your drawers and he hasnt seen you and you shoot him then yes, youre likely to go to jail. as logn as its classified as shoot before getting shot or kill before getting killed its self defense. otherwise no
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

When a burgular comes into your house with a gun, I don't think that he actually wants to shoot you. He just wants your freakin TV!
infam0usboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by infam0usboy »

bronco wrote:if he had a knife and tried stabbing you and you shoot him its self defense,but if he was just standing there robbng your drawers and he hasnt seen you and you shoot him then yes, youre likely to go to jail. as logn as its classified as shoot before getting shot or kill before getting killed its self defense. otherwise no
that is the dumbest law i have ever heard in my life...but i have a question...what if he was about to shot someone else and he didnt see you and u kill him would that still be self-defense? or will you land in jail???
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

that would become a homicide case.. :lol:
Zodiac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zodiac »

If a burglar breaks into your house to steal your stuff and you disturb him and he goes to attack you and then you shoot, stab or smack him one.. 'YOU are the one in the wrong!" thats the way the law works..Its retarded.. I read in a paper here where a kid broke into a pub and injured himself gaining entry, he then sued the pubs owner for damages.. Its wrong but its the way things work, because these crims are allowed to get away with this kind of crap.. truth in sentancing doesnt exist anymore, 5 years = 5 months.. bottom line is they know they can get away with it so they will continue to do it.

I'll tell you something though.. Ive got my own solution to this dilemma.. anyone stupid enough to climb my 6 foot colourbond and mix it with my dogs is asking for trouble LOL
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

This is becoming interesting...

My 1st impression when saw the Bear was: Hey, what a big teddy bear! :D Then I read the article and realized that it was a real bear!!

Well, he shot.... self-defense IMO. But who knows, he was the only one there :D I dont think the same of the 2nd shot: He may realize that the bear was soooo big, and thought: "Hey I could kill it. I would be a hero.I would have killed the biggest bear ever..." Just my theory.

It is complicated. Some people said "The guy entered in bear's territory". Well... and? Humans dont kill the animals which enter in the cities. But we are the most powerful animal on Earth and make lots of criminal acts against other animals. Actually it is a natural thing: "The stronger will dominate the world". Have no doubt: If bears had a powerful brain, they would kill us. Humans are very good and very bad at the same time. (Better than I stop, Im turning this into a phylosophic question LOL)

About guns: Yes, I think American ppl are obsessed with that. MAN, Just act calmly and use your brains!!! If a thief enters your home and steals your 8000€ flat TV, let him do it. Call the police, and thats it. If you shoot at him, then YOU are the criminal and he is the victim.

The point is what do you prefer to be whether the Criminal or the victim. You have to decide in 0.1seconds.
Criminal --> you shoot the thief, save your things, but go to jail.
Victim --> You lose the things, but keep yourself free.

So you decide. I would always choose the 2nd option unless my family's life (family, friends, girlfriend etc) were in danger. In this case I would shoot the guy, and save them.

But it is not logical to kill someone in order to save your TV, your 350z, or $/€547millions.

Shooting is always the last solution. Even if someone's life is in risk, you have to think twice!!! Is the thief actually that dangerous? He may only pretend to get your money and run away!

Sorry about grammatical/vocabulary mistakes :oops:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

^Sparco^ wrote:Shooting is always the last solution. Even if someone's life is in risk, you have to think twice!!! Is the thief actually that dangerous? He may only pretend to get your money and run away!
That's true.. thieves have no intention to kill other ppl.. they just want the freakin $$ & other valuable things..
On the other hand, I've heard some brutal cases bout some thief killing ppl just to rob a few hundred bucks.. :? (Is it worth it.. *sigh*...)
Maybe they played too much CS.. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”