Quick Hint for outrun races.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
mindtrix
Stock
Stock

Quick Hint for outrun races.

Post by mindtrix »

I haven't beaten the game yet but just thought of some decent tips for those people who might be having trouble with outrun races.

This works for me but keep in mind I have all level 2 upgrade packages and a unique engine part in my Tiburon.

When you decide you want to take on someone for an outrun race don't start the race right away...

Drive behind him for a minute and DRAFT him... wait until you completely fill up your NOS meter. :!: :!:

I have had alot of success winning on the highways which at first wasnt the case until i found this little trick/cheat. After you have drafted and filled up your meter, follow the opponent car along the highway until you come to an on/off ramp. Quickly initiate the outrun race then slam into him to force him over into the offramp. Quickly slam on your NOS to get your speed up and before he can turn around to follow you, you're gone like a fart in the wind. :lol:

As for city racing it usually doesnt work so well but there are a few areas where you can use this little nudging technique to your advantage. Just make sure while in the city to have a good feel for taking corners. I've also found that if you have decent enough handling that if you drive into oncoming traffic while your opponent is close behind that sometimes if you dodge a car quick enough your opponent will slam into him.. but not usually. :? Just make sure if you try this technique that you have a good straight away and your nos gauge is filled atleast once over.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

be a pshco and drive like a nutter works wel for me..
aim = kill the AI...best way..there are lots of way to win...lots of dirty ways ehehe
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

i drive real fast,ram them and then challenge them so when theyre challegnged,the spin out and im ahead..it usually works but some times it wont say im in the lead....but its all good..

The best sure fire win way to go is stay in the city core and take lots of turn...just wait for the other person to hit a car. and you win..
korge
gofra
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gofra »

Uf mindtrix!

There really is no need to complicate things that much! I mean, I'm glad it works for you, but drafting for a minute?? First of all, make a few doughnuts and fill up the metter and then go making outruns > much faster. Although I never liked hi-way racing (it takes too much time and the opponent allways, no matter how fast you go, catches up or at least holds the gap) I believe that changig the lane fast is ok. But here's the real recipe: Come close, gather the needed speed (not too fast though, it wont trigger), press enter when asked and just hit his back of the car sideways and make him spin. Luckily, he'l l even crash or make a wrong turn. Then it's time to hit the nitrous of course, only if there is a straight line in front of you. If it won't work for ya, try this: YOu can allways catch him, no matter if he speeded away. Also, you can allways past him cuz for no reason he seems to like slowing down a bit eventualy(not knowing why?). Ok, so you're ahead. Now just keep increasing the gap and search for a place to show him some propper 180! Do that,, flor it, tap nitrous and don't crash into him. If that doesn't work, try repeating it. Two times must do, really...
gregmtech
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gregmtech »

my way , is just getting close up enough to start the run but being as in front a s possible , ie , next to him with his door at your lights is great, challenge him , NOS , get aroud the front bumper og his car, and hand brake, slam the throtle and the nos and get away.
he usally take time to understand and dosn't react fast enough.

if he does get to turn around and you see the gap is closing up or standing, get on one side of the road (scraping the wall) and brake hard turning to scrape the other side , and go as fast a possible, here again the gap shoul close up fast and the keeping you in front open up real fast and tat time usaly works , if not keep triying , less than a minute run each time.
nfsu2master
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsu2master »

i just spin them out and head for the highway
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

My way is different to everyone else's by the sounds of things. But it works for me.

I always do the OutRuns to get the unique parts in my SUV.

Take lots of turns, the opponent will often crash, then NOS it and Bob's your Uncle and Fanny's your Aunt.

Of course, you will need a well handling SUV for this - I like my Lincoln Navigator with the Carbon Fiber body kit and other parts. I just find it easier to do the outruns in a slower vehicle.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I go to the highway, and just race... :) I try to fool the opponent to believe I'm going on a different sides of the fences, but turn to the other side right before the fence start. The opponent follow my line, but turns too late... The weird thing is that this works not only when he's close to me, but also when my lead is 150 metres or more... But, as long as it works, it's ok with me :D
rogg
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rogg »

got two easy tricks to do. when u are going to start a outrun race. drive in to the car in front and push him. at this time u start the race and try to turn a bit. he will sspin off and u will have a easy win. u can also change direction if your lead is fairly big and drive oposite direction. they will not know what happened untill its to late.

think there is an older topic about this?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

For me, I like to make split-second decicions.

Like when making sharp turns when I'm about 50 meters leading, instead of braking, I just rammed the wall at high speed. Once I 've made the turn, I used NOS all the way (I usually fill up my NOS meter before Outruns). And guess what, the AI's just went straight ahead! And they take lotsa time making U turn. And from there, watch Outrun METER range increasing rapidly to 300 Metres / 900 feet. :)
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

i use the Aries ramming technique...

1> locate opponent
2> speed up into him with full blast nos
3> upon immediate contact with him, press enter (or the outrun challenge acceptance button)
4> fortunately you will be in a position of almost full speed ahead while opponent is rotating in the air :-D

ps: a similar thread exists in the Competitions section, http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 1&start=20
Ducati_Babe
Stock
Stock

Post by Ducati_Babe »

Nothing magic on outrun-races, just step on the floor, challenge opponent and smoke him out. I'm on 40% on hard and I found the outrun-races big fun but not realy a challenge. The only thing I'm not good at is downhill drifting (but hey, whe keep practicing)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Drive Near Many Cars And On The Wrong Side Of The Road 2 Make Him Crash
Or
Get 150 Meters Ahead Do A 180 Go The Opposite Direction They Will Pass U And Usually Never Catch Up (You Will Keep The Lead Unless You're Still Turning Or Not Acellerating and moving forwards (towards him/her) on time)
wilson_610
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wilson_610 »

the best and quickest thing to do is rub a bit of paint and push them in to on coming traffic then hit NOS for the victory
nfsu2master
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsu2master »

shove him into a divider and floor it
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

i hate outruns... unless it was like from a cop, that would be sweet
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yeah, just like in HP2! :)
xf-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xf- »

i tried these, i still suck at outruns...
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

xf- so all u need to do is set the game to "Easy", and do the outrun with one thing in mind: "Never crash or lose speed"

of and btw, do the outruns on the highway. its full blast ahead and no sharp turns...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh, but they take forever to win that way. I much prefer to keep em twisty and over with quick. You're dead right about the 'never crash or lose speed' part though.. ;)
Wizard
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wizard »

Deffnately gonna try the ramming part of these hints :P
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Again, it must just be me, but every time I've tried the ramming trick, the AI has put ME in the wall and gone on to win! Guess I'm too much of a pussy with them. :oops:
mick8

Post by mick8 »

U WANT AN EASY WAY TO BEAT OUTRUN RACE JUST FLOOR IT
Wizard
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wizard »

:shock: no shiznit
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Oh... You gotta be kidding?? And I thought I had to drive slow to do win those... D'oh!

Return to “Underground 2”