Can you put Hummer H2 rims on another car?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Can you put Hummer H2 rims on another car?

Post by ants »

Ok, well now that i have finished nfsu2 career mode and unlocked all preformance and visual upgrades i would like to know one thing.
With the hummer you can put 26" rims on them. Is there a way that i can put those 26" rims on a Skyline or Mustang or somthing? I think it would be cool. I remember in NFSU 1 when u bought a skyline and put 20" rims it then swapped your car back for somthing like a Lancer, the lancer would have 20" rims on it even thought u cant buy 20" for a lancer. I would like to try and swap my 240sx in underground mode for a hummer, then put 26" rims on it, then swap it back for another car and see if it has 26" rims on it (although i highly doubt it would work) but im scared of lossing my car. If anyone knows how i can put 26" rims on another car please tell me.
thanks.
Kilkenny
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kilkenny »

No, that aint possible. Even with NFSU1, they just made the rims smaller to fit on your car.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

not exactly, i had nissan skyline in nfsu1 it had 21" rims and traded for an rx7 and it kept those rims. but you cant in nfsu2 because you cant keep parts youve used on another car anyway.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Kilkenny wrote:No, that aint possible. Even with NFSU1, they just made the rims smaller to fit on your car.
nah man, with nfsu1 the car would actually have 20" rims. look on cheat planet sites and it will show u.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Yes, It is possible!

Post by LNavi2001 »

Yes it is possible to put the H2's 26" wheels of any type, brand, and/or style on a any car. Here is a pic of my Audi TT. Look for me online! Holla at me if you wanna see more!
Attachments
Extreme Audi TT.JPG
(104.35 KiB) Downloaded 16227 times
206p
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 206p »

can u tell me how u did that
JEX420
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JEX420 »

I think he chopped it 8) meaning photoshopped :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

If it were 'chopped', wouldn't he have shown the wheels *not* disappearing into the ground, as they do in the pic?
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

the only way t find out if it is "chopping" that he tels how he does it
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Posted before. Read.
This is called hex editing. You can edit almost everything in your savegame with an Hex editor. I use Winhex. You can edit visuals and performance (9 uniques, etx.).
You can put 26¨ wheels or spinners on any car (dosn´t look cool cause you can see the tires thru the body and bellow the ground).
Hex editing is time consuming and using your imagination could help.
Is a little complicated to explain here but with a search on the web you can find a good tutorial.
Attachments
huge.jpg
(72.16 KiB) Downloaded 16110 times
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

please tell me how to do it ???? i cant search for any tutorial about editting NFSU2's saved game with hex editor or winhex ,when i open the file with winhex ,there's a mess on my screen ,i cant read anything ?? so how can i know where to edit ?
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Well yeah he is right. Its all about Hex editing. Learn it, Love it, Live it! Burn rubber, Not ya soul!
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

By the way, Pelado. Nice job figuring it out! Not accusing or anything but its weird. I post a reply, my system gets hacked, and now the 26" secrets out. No biggy! Still gotta give you props! Yes it does look cool! Because the fact that you actually have 26" wheels spinners or no spinners on a different vehicle than the H2. I use the spinners because in the game they suck. They appear to small and the tires appear to big. By using the H2 spinners it gives them a better look.

Speed is good but Appearance puts you over the top!
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

why not try 24" instead ?
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

spike_minoda wrote:please tell me how to do it ???? i cant search for any tutorial about editting NFSU2's saved game with hex editor or winhex ,when i open the file with winhex ,there's a mess on my screen ,i cant read anything ?? so how can i know where to edit ?
Like I said, is a little complicated to explain. Maybe I can make a little explanation on the future (not in this weeks, I´m too complicated with my work). All I can do now is putting the offsets where the wheels are. Look the .GEu.GEu.GEu. line. Four lines up top are the wheels (in green).
joablo wrote:why not try 24" instead ?
You mean stock SUV wheels? cause I don´t know any 24" in the game.....
Attachments
2.JPG
(219.59 KiB) Downloaded 16048 times
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Okay here is what you need to do!

Each car you customize is in a different location from what Pelado's screenshot shows. So get your self a HexEditor preferably Hex Workshop. Now make a copy of your saved game. Right click on the copy of the saved game and choose "Hex Edit" but don't do anything to it just yet. Now start the NFSU2 game and load the original profile that you copied. Change the wheels on your car and save the game. Now go back to your desktop and right click on the original saved game and choose "Hex Edit". Now you should have two files opened with your Hex Editor (original saved game and a copy of that). Now size these files up so that you can see both of them at the same time but don't hide any numbers. Now go to "Tools" and click on "compare". This will compare the differences between the two files. Now remember the only difference in the two files should only be the wheels. (I take that back you will see some other differences). Now to find out what difference affects the wheels you need to highlight the differences from the "saved game copy" and paste them in the "original saved game". Then save the file. Now return to the NFSU2 game and load the "original saved game". Notice if there where any changes. If you don't notice any then you need to repeat the above until you change what you want. (wheels) Once you find the set of numbers that affect the wheels then write them down so you won't forget and just fool around. Sell your car and buy a H2 and fix it up (make sure you sell the car that you want to use to race, you will have to rebuild it later or edit the copy of the original saved game). Then just repeat the process from of above but start your editing with the numbers you found (wrote down) that affect the wheels.

This is very time consuming and it takes trial and error to perfect. I am at work right now so I will check back up to see how your doing. If you have any questions just holla and I will help you out.
whatthesht
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by whatthesht »

yo LNAVI2001, nice TT. u rims look so fake
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

LOL dude they are fake! It's a game!
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Here is a screenshot of Hex Workshop I use. On the left is the copy of my saved game file and on the right is my original saved game file. The numbers inclosed in a red square represent the values of the 26" H2 spinners (one type). These numbers affect the 1st car slot of 5 in my career mode garage. Open your saved game files just like I did and locate the row 000058FO & 00005900. On the row 000058F0 change the last 8 digits to 9F33 3B7E and on the row 00005900 change the first 8 digits to 9F33 387E. This represents the 2 front wheels and the 2 rear wheels. Once again the locations I mentioned only affect the first car in you career mode garage. If you sell/trade the car in for another car you will lose the wheels. After you edit these locations save the original file (overwrite). Now return to your game and load that profile. That is it now what ever car is in your first slot in your career mode now has 26" spinners.

Notice the location that Pelado highlighted in his screen shot. Those are the wheel locations for the first customized car in his garage (main menu, customize).
Attachments
Hex Workshop.JPG
(147.02 KiB) Downloaded 15999 times
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Another hint the letters, numbers, and symbols on the right of each file don't really mean anything. They are like a face to the numbers. Its much easier to just concentrate on the digits. The only thing I use this column for is when I want to change the name of my saved game file. Then I have to scroll to the bottom find the name of my game file and rename it. Then I have to create a folder with the same name in the NFSU2 saved game folder and place that file in it before it will appear as a profile to load in the game.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

ok ,may be i understand now ,but i'll try it later coz it's gonna take a long time to do this .
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Very good explanation LNavi2001. :wink:
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

i can use it only in the career mode?
what if i want 2 put 22's or 24's on the G35 not in career mode, is it possible?
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Not only carrer mode, you can do with ANY car in the customize section. And no, cause there´s no 22" or 24" in game.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

the Esclade and the Navi both have 20, 22,24!!
so how exactly do i do it?
how do i put 22's on the G35 or 26's on the Esclade in the customization section?
10Q

Return to “Editing”