Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lolindir »

cool ill enter! :D
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

is the reason that im getting compeition does not exist maybe the type of car im trying to enter. im trying to enter an acura rsx and every time i select that one and put my location of the picture to be uploaded and put a short description it gives me a compeition doesnt exit when i hit upload and im kidding sick of trying so if maybe one of the admins or something good upload it for me that would be great. just let me know if its possiable and where to send it. or if its something someone knows how to fix so i can upload it.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

well it's not about the car since every car is allowed. it's probably a script error or something again. but i'm not a staff mamber so i'll leave that to them.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've had similar problems in previous challenges. I found out that my file size was too big? Try saving in JPG format at 100% quality (seems to work for me!). Can't remember acceptable max file size off hand though. Also make sure it is in the correct ratio (e.g. 1280 x 960, I think I use) - this is another problem I encountered.

And BTW, thanks for the advice on Pimpling One's Motor - I've entered the challenge, if my car is not pimped enough, please don't laugh too much!
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

thank you, it did end up to be the size i was off the height by 50 but know the picture looks a little bit pixely but it will have to do
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

btw, I already made this stuff a month ago :P
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /?id=10754
8) 8)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Bearing in mind that I didn't even know what "Pimping My Ride" was until a couple of days ago, I think I should have entered this car in the challenge instead of the one I actually did! When I built this car, I thought it looked nice :oops:

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... p=3550.jpg
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i think this will be more of a SUV chalenge. i can smell it...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Actually, I rarrely see an SUV being customized on the show. Most of the cars are just normal sedans. I only saw an episode where thy bought a new Scion for a dude, and customize it from facotry settings. :)
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Here you go, all the episodes with all the cars they Pimped

http://www.tvtome.com/PimpMyRide/guide.html

Andre_online wrote:Actually, I rarrely see an SUV being customized on the show. Most of the cars are just normal sedans. I only saw an episode where thy bought a new Scion for a dude, and customize it from facotry settings. :)
I counted 3 Jeeps & 4 SUV's in the show. The rest were all normal cars
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

hmmmm, i thought that no photoshop use was allowed to change the entire layout, except for brightness, contrast, etc. But there are plenty of cars in the pimp my ride challenge that have done so. Many with Xzibit in the pic, with some big changes in layout.

I'm not saying that these cars are rubbish or anything, but they do stand out from the list because of their presentation (which are good) and most people who are voting in this challenge will perhaps vote for cars that stand out from the rest, while most cars will go un-noticed.

Perhaps these changes in layout was allowed for this challenge, but i just assumed otherwise. Please let me know thanks.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I agree the admin could have been tighter on the PMR comp. I think most people are finding the rules are much more tightly enforced on the Sleeper Challenge.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

true... they are abit to free to choose...

but the lay-out thing is proving more dificult to control... cause people are trying to get a as much edited shot as they are allowed in the current rules... (wich are thighter then before, but hard to tighten without loosing the fact that they can make a own lay-out (where pics are etc)

if you can think of a rule that still gives some freedome in lay-out building and reduce the extreme looks then I am pleased to hear it! :wink:

I tried to get it more simple! with less photoshop and it partially worked... cause the heavy lay-out work is gone... but people are working on and around the border... (searching for holes in the rules to get as much presentation as they car out of the curent rules... :roll:

and my hope was if we minimize the photoshop work and make it more NFS U1 like... it could be done....

btw I allowed pics of the PMR logo and pics of Xzibit... and those rules weren't specific in site and how they are edited it...cause it is simple a ONE OFF and all other challenges are back to the standard RULES we made for the challenges few weeks back!

so got suggestions?? please tell
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Only good thing about this challenge was that the winner was someone that atleast I haven't heard from before.

IMO ppl totally missed the point of this challenge. It became all about the SUVs which the TV-show is not.

Tighter rules in the future, that's the way to go...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I totally agree. IMO, most people completely missed the point.
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

I think a lot of ppl missed the point (including myself) because of what they read and saw in the rules of the challenge. It simply says take any car and pimp it out. It even said use the show to give you ideas if you don't know what pimped is. Then at the bottom there's a pimped Navigator. To me the main problem was ppl making cars which weren't even remotely pimped.
jdemongx
Stock
Stock

Help

Post by jdemongx »

I don't know how to upload a car. :cry: please tell me how!! every time i try, it doesn't work. Do you need the game and a system or something??
Attachments
1393_mid.jpg
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Posted: Sat 12 Feb, 2005

This is.. Ehh. How do I say this. Old?
korge
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

mwah what is old? almost a year :P

and btw even if the challenge was recent, that eclipse would be verry far away from being accepted!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Help

Post by master m »

jdemongx wrote:I don't know how to upload a car. :cry: please tell me how!! every time i try, it doesn't work. Do you need the game and a system or something??
You screenshot had to be one of these sizes

* Picture resolution must be between 800x600 and 1280x1024. Max filesize is 300kB.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Help

Post by master m »

EDIT, soory.

double post :oops:

Return to “News”