Can you put Hummer H2 rims on another car?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

LNavi, u think its possible to eliminate the doors, the trunk, and the side skirt of the esclade? i tried to get the hood off my 206 and it didnt work - u just see thro it
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Please edit your posts rather than double posting 2Pac - there's a button at top right of your post to do it. 8)
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

yeah i know, but i saw that other ppl dont do it so why should i do it? as i did it before
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

They should. You should.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

Does anyone know where the setting to disable/enable outrun races at the end of the game (100%+)? I've tried to find it and failed. (The only think I know about hex is 0123456789abcdef)

For some reason mine are off and I can't seem to turn them back on. Even re-running all of the lvl 5 races in the World map did not help.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

hummm.... i dont know how to do it but its a hellova good idea
and i got another idea, maybe theres a way to change the amount of outruns - from only 3 different ones to 5, 8, 10, 15 racers driving around the city - daaaamn itll be gr8 driving with 15 other racers on the highway instead of only 3
well i think im overreacting... i need to chill... i got to install an intercooler on my turbo charged brain i think itll help :wink:
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

We are talking about hex editing the savegame here. And that stuff is not in the savegame so.....we can´t edit it.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

yet
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Okay for those of you out there that didn't understand what I meant about the wheels being off the ground just look at this pic. And actually the wheels are suppose to go through the ground. So that they look like they are making contact with the ground. I forgot to remove the spoiler so I went back and removed it and then upload it. Here is the save game file link. http://up2.fastuploads.com/MUSTANG.zip

Remember you have to create a folder in your NFS Underground 2 (folder) named MUSTANG.

I just drove the mustang in the pic and I have to say that looks so stupid! LMAO I recommend using the trainer NFSU2 +10 to lock the camera so that you can see the car from the side and then do a burn out!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention earlier that the 3 GTO's you wanted are in the save game file too. (1 with 22", 1 with 24", and 1 with 26" and all with no spoilers)
Attachments
Mustang.JPG
(57.02 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Last edited by LNavi2001 on 15 Feb 2005, 07:18, edited 2 times in total.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

WOW, thanks for that man! I really gotta learn this stuff. Il try it out now.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

How did that save game go!

I been messing with the some things in the game and found a few new tricks but nothing as major as changing the wheels. I now know the exact locations to most of the parts but since you have to unlock a part then own a part and then install apart. It gets very complicated. I am working on unlocking everything in the career mode so that I can play the game from the beginning and be able to install any part I want like in the customize screen. By that I mean any body kit, any wheels, etc.... I am also working on fixing it so that when I start the game from the beginning I can go to the first Car shop were you have to return Rachael's 350Z and buy any car I want instead of just the original selection. If anyone has any ideas how we can change the game around to make it better post them.

I figured out how to keep Rachael's 350Z but the game resets its self so that I can't change parts on her car. Like if I play the game and beat a few races and find a few shops then change to Rachael's car the game starts acting like I just started a new career by directing me to return her car or find a certain race but it still shows the races that I beat and other races I need to beat.

I also figured out how to remove the barriers that block most of the city. This is cool because when I start a new career I have free roam of the whole city and I can enter any garage I want.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

The saved game is working great! Thanks for that man. Its really good.
I dont get it, how did u work out all this stuff? I wish i could do it.

By the way is there a way i can put the mustangs front wheel on the ground?

EDIT: I just tried it myself but its way too hard.
I had two profiles that were exactly the same when i compared them. Then when i changed just the wheels of one of the cars there were like 100 lines that were different.
Im using Hex Workshop.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

first you need to decide on which car you want to edit.
Career Car Slot 1 = everything between 00005860 to 00005BC0
Customize Car Slot 1 = everything between 000004A0 to 00000800

Compare the 2 files again and any differences between the locations listed above pretain to above mentioned cars.

As for Career Car Slots 2 - 5 just look for a bunch of dddddddddddddddddddd and everything listed in between those pretain to the car. So if Career Car Slot 1 is between 00005860 and 00005BC0 then the next set between the dddddddddddd will be Slot 2 and so on. This goes for the Customize Car Slot 2 - 5 also. (or however many cars you can customize)

As for lowering the front end of the Mustang there is no way because the 26" wheels on the back. The car hight is based off the size of the wheels. Since the front wheels are 15" then the car has to go with the bigger wheel size.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Thanks for that, so have you found out any other cool things?
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Nothing major! Right now I am just making notes of the Hex locations for all the parts. I have all the performance upgrades, all the visual parts of the car, some misc. things like barriers, money, and I can change the load points. Also have some paint shop hex locations noted (bottom layer, middle layer 1, middle layer 2, top layer, front windshield decal, and rear window decal). Once I get these all noted then I plan on playing the game straight through and seeing if I can change some other things. Like wouldn't it be cool to start the game and be able to race any of races you want. Example: Imagine starting a new career and when you look at the game map you see every drift race, every circuit race, every drag race etc...... Also another idea would be to locate the special parts that you get when you outrun a certain racer. It would be cool to be able to install every or one certain special part when ever you want. Another idea I have is I want to be able to start a new career and be able to choose any car I want from the first car shop. Instead of chooseing the civic or miata or puegot. This can be done by changing the save game but I want to fix it so that you can cycle through the cars.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

load points? u mean when u allways start from the airport in free roaming? is it changeable??? how do i change it?????
james33440
Ricer
Ricer

Post by james33440 »

hey, I would like to get a copy of that saved game with the "big" rims on some cars! :)
if possible send me a link to where I can download it.
Email me at james33440@hotmail.com or just PM.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

LOL actually I would consider the airport a starting point. You know when you enter a garage and buy something then exit your game either prompts you to save or automaticly saves. That would be a load point because if you exit your game and then return to it later and load the last game you played would actually mean your loading the game instead of starting it for the first time.

I guess you could change the start point but you would have to create a new profile and then edit it before you give Rachael her car back. But that would be kind of worth less seeing how if you move the car an inch the numbers will change. Example: every position the car can be put in and every position of the city has its on locations. Just a guess but there could be millions of locations in the game you could start from. That in its self sounds like a lot of time to figure out.

Dude just click the link posted above!
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

ohhh ok then
u said somthing before about some trainer that lets u lock the camera
where do i get it?
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

Do a little web search cause the mods don´t like that type of information posted on this forums.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Hey you know what would be awesome.
To hex edit or something so that you can remove the hood and drive the car with the engine showing.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Okay, just so that everyone who doesn't know will! If you remove the hood you will see nothing. Actually you will see the ground. Same goes for the trunk. Same goes for the quarter panels, the roof, the interior, etc.... The vehicles are nothing but a shell! Remove part of the shell and all you get is nothing.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

LNavi2001 did u make sure that you had all Level 3 engine pats installed when u tried to remove the hood? All Level 3...because i dont think there are any engine models unless you have all stage 3 installed. Also did u try doing it with carear mode because carear mode has an engine model.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

It wont work i all ready did it... go back a little and u see i said it... and it was all level 3 (but i think its got nothing to do with that)
the game generates the graphics of the engine only when u try to change the paint of it, add neon, or open the splited hood - correct me if im wrong but i think even if u create a transparent hood u wont see the engine
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

2Pacaveli Bingo! The level of the engine upgrades have nothing to do with it. Neither does Career mode or Customize mode (which are basically the same).

See there are no axels for the wheels nor electrical system for the lights, etc... This is a game not real life. Now if a game comes out where the vehicles do have that much detail I can promise this I will buy that one quick, fast, and in a hurry! But I highly doubt that will be anytime soon. Mainly because the peeps that make the games like EA Games just want your money and they just throw the games together.

I mean it is disappointing because NFSU 2 allows you to put a sound system, scissor doors, etc.. on a car but you only get to show it off in career mode.

Return to “Editing”