SKYLINE???

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
makreller_dk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by makreller_dk »

well.. The R34 GT-R is RWD in low and mid RPM's and in high RPM's its 4WD.. Thats the reason you can do a big burnout on the rearwheels!
danchen
Stock
Stock

Post by danchen »

yo guys, i'm no expert on skylines. but i remember hearing somewhere in a review that the skyline has a smart traction system in it.
(Some MotorSport programme called "TopGear", which compared the skyline to the EVO and STi and turbo 911)

Basically, what the skyline has is a computer chip that decides when to kick in the 4 wheel drive depending on the stituation...

so, it turns into Front wheel drive when turnning, turn on 4 wheel drive when you step on it full from stand still/exiting from corners, and transform into rear wheel drive for max power efficiency when hitting top speeds on a straight.

sounds pretty logical to me. wonder what version of skyline this "smart" skyline is.
(or am i just mis-informed ?)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Danchen - I was under exactly the same impression. I thought Jeremy Clarkson (of "Top Gear", BBC 2 TV show, 8.30pm, Thursdays in the UK, but having a break at moment :cry: ) described the Skyline GTR34 as "The car for the PlayStation generation" because it has so many toys and computers in it.

If you are wrong, then so am I (it won't be the first time I have ever been wrong, though - I can live with it).

Return to “Underground 2”