WHAT IS THE STUPIDEST POSER YOUVE HERD OF IN YOUR LIFE

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

True, but then that's only something you brag about if you're the gunman. The person with the sword is just like the person with the apple on their head (in the whole William Tell story); just lucky to be alive.
paras779
Drift King
Drift King

Post by paras779 »

my friend said that he saw a "skyline with 2 jet engines".. :shock: :o
i m like wtf :!:
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

boganbusman wrote:No, it's just a piece of steel that has been flattened out and folded, over and over and over again (this is what makes it really strong). And then it is hand sharpened with a stone and some water. The sharpening itself can take about 3 months.

isnt that like the saem thing i said?? its a bigger piece of steel made into a sword like that, well thats what ive heard on discovery or history channel or something
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Well sort of. It's not really a HUGE piece of steel. It is only slightly larger.

Now, back on topic :o
Pirre
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pirre »

Check this ^^
And a katana is made from 3 pieces of steel: one really tough, one a bit softer, and one even more softer. The tough one is strong, but more breakable then the softer ones. I don't know the order in which they are used anymore, but one was for the core, one for the edge, and one for the back of the sword, giving it a perfect balance of strength and flexibility.
The katana in the movieclip is of extreme quality ofcourse, but even that doens't come close to the quality of the swords they made in the samurai age. Almost all the swordmaking techniques are lost :( (hehe I remember reading that in those days they tested a sword on dead bodies: a good sword could cut through 7 bodies with one swing)

On-topic: I don't know a lot of cars myself, so I can't tell if somebody is speaking the truth or not :oops:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

[off topic again]
AWESOME! that's a cool vid man.

I though that the two peices would hit the paper a bit closer together.

Got any more like this?
Pirre
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pirre »

Yeah i've seen another one where they shoto the katane with a .50 caliber machinegun. The sword splits or pulverizes (!) 7 bullets, and then breaks. (which is still amazing, cuz .50 is the larges possible round for 'ordinary' guns - thus not e.g. a gattling gun :D)
.50 vs katana
And here are some more cool vids ^^

Return to “The Cars”