Modding The Nissan 350z in Most Wanted

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Agreed, no-one learn anything about making cars if you don't know yet :)
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

The last thing we need is a bunch of n00bs converting shiznit cars or stealing them. If ANYONE else comes to steel cars from other people, I hope they steel cars from salim.

Diagram of n00bs stealing salim

shiznit cars from salim => shiznit cars stolen from salim by n00bs =
cars that no one will download
Soupa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Soupa »

Then again, those noobs might improve Salim's cars... lol
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TokyoDriftRockz »

Are all of salim's cars stolen?

I don't think he'll be stealing anymore. He made a formal apology @ nfscars.net, but then again, he could be lying. :o :(
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Nissan 350z 2006 v. 1.0.0 released

Ta-dah, I made it! Here you go, a small pic of what it looks like and file itself.

Download
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

:shock: AWSOME!!!!! :shock:
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Holy Sh*t!!! THANKS finalmaster!! :D .

Although i do have a small suggestion for version 2 (if you don't feel like doing it then you don't have to) could you please make the rims a bit bigger? (as in the spokes a bit wider).

Other than that amazing job on it. :D
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

I can make ATTRIBUTES.MWPS to large those tires a bit, but I'd rather not remake those whole wheels. :P Wheels have rims merged inside in geometry so if you want, I can only make tires a bit bigger than they are currently.
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ohhhh ok, well then if it's too hard, then let it be. I won't die. :D

I can't wait to try it out. I had to take off the No-CD patch (it's gotta be v1.3) cause i was using a trainer for fun. Now, i'm gonna go back and start playing.

Good job. One more question: can you make a vinyl for it?

EDIT: Oh shiznit, the frontend file is 33-Nissan. I already have a 33-nissan file in there for the skyline. What should i do?
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Hmm, I seriously forgot to mention that 33-Nissan.bin. Ok, calm down. Just replace it. If you're using my Skyline conversion, then it will be sharing that 33-Nissan.bin to the Skyline too. So no worries, it works fine. :P

For vinyls, look few posts backwards. I already told to people, that more customizing will be allowed in version 2.0.0, because every 272 vinyls (half of them are masks so actually 136 vinyls) has to be repositioned. There is also going to be/might come new vinyls for 350z, which are replacing the old crappy ones (not all vinyls, just some). This vinyl progress takes so much time, so I'll be informing later when it is doing more progress.

About decals. I might end up after all to release them in version 1.5.0, but I'm not so sure about that yet. I'd like to morely let decals be used when vinyls are too but you'll see later. :P

Btw, I know that that 350z isn't so smooth as you people expected by outside look, but believe me or not, that is how it was in Carbon too. It must've been the game-engine what Carbon used to make it look smoother.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

I hope I'm not asking for too much, but could you put in 1 more body kit? The VeilSide body kit from Tokyo Drift? I don't mind if you don't, it's just that it would be better.
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Yes, a new body kit would be good.

Actually, finalmaster i just realized that the 33-nissan.bin file i'm using right now (it was from a skyline that replaces the rx-7) that's working with your 350z, BUT the sign for the 350z is backwards at the back. I also forgot to mention the sign's missing at the front.

I think this is due to the 33-nissan.bin i'm using right now. I'll replace it if i get a confirmation from you that this is NOT a bug.
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

350z is on the backwards, I noticed it too. Model was drawn like that so I couldn't really help it. Btw, I think you should exchange your Skyline to mine. And what sign is missing in the front, the Nissan-badge? If so, that is a bug what you're having, because it works fine on me. Please post a pic from game and from real life, so I can try to fix it.

Btw, no more bodykits coming up. I still can't create anything else than cubes, etc; with ZModeler and I'm converter. :P
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

yeah here you go. Also, i don't know if it's your conversion or my video card, the texture seems a little grainy, like you can kinda see the stripes and all that.

EDIT: Btw i'm trying to make it look like the car from Tokyo Drift. It's in progress, but i can't finish without the proper body kit (or simliar) and the vinyl. Otherwise, it's pretty accurate right now. (the model car right now that i have says it's a 10 spoke rim, but the movie picture online says otherwise [5 spoke])
Attachments
350z pic
350z pic
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Ok, I apperentally forgot to make that badging to other bodykits. I'll update the file asap. Seriously btw, no more bodykits coming. I don't have anymore parts left for bodykits. Capish?

Hint: Try to use High-quality-settings too and see if it helps.
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ok, sorry finalmaster for bugging. And what do you mean by you don't have anymore parts left for bodykits?
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Soupa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Soupa »

I think he mean that he uses parts he either took from previous games or some other parts he use with permission from the author.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

TokyoDriftRockz wrote: EDIT: Btw i'm trying to make it look like the car from Tokyo Drift. It's in progress, but i can't finish without the proper body kit (or simliar) and the vinyl. Otherwise, it's pretty accurate right now. (the model car right now that i have says it's a 10 spoke rim, but the movie picture online says otherwise [5 spoke])
It is a five spoke rim. maybe from einkie or something
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Yeah i know. My car (model car) is inaccurate :(
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drftkng »

Finalmaster2 wrote:Hint: Try to use High-quality-settings too and see if it helps.
No, I have an extremely good video card and it stills lookes squary. If you turn it to a brighter colour like the yellow that comes with the car when you buy it, it is harder to see.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Tokyo: i told you they were busy working on the car :D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Finalmaster2 wrote:Nissan 350z 2006 v. 1.0.0 released

Ta-dah, I made it! Here you go, a small pic of what it looks like and file itself.

Exellent job mate! :P but no offence thats not smooth at all..... i know i know you said it wasn't smooth and that its from Carbon but my opinion that is just like a strange way.. BUT im going to have it still coz you did a very exellent job on the Skyline :)
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Finalmaster2 wrote:Nissan 350z 2006 version 1.1.0 update

Ok, I have been working now in total 5 hours in this update (meaning that I had to start the models renaming etc; from all over again) and this time 350z looks same as it was in Carbon in quality. Sorry for earlier humongous & ugly conversion, this one is better one.

Also, I added one more downloading link, which has the 350z packed in .7z and it's size is ~700 Kb only. The .zip one is now instead of 8 Mb a 3 Mb sized file.

Picture and downloading links.

*Click image to enlarge*

Nissan 350z update version 1.1.0 as .zip
Nissan 350z update version 1.1.0 as .7z*

Sorry again for that earlier version. Btw, this time you guys really should read the 350z-updates.txt, you'll be surprised. :wink:

Finalmaster2

* .7z-formats require either 7zip-program or PowerArchiver to unpack them.
Any updates/vinyls coming out for the 350z? (when the ability to add vinyls
are ready)
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Not yet. I have just learned how to create & edit mapping, so vinyls can't be yet positioned correctly. Also, I have to find out how to keep decals on each bodykit. I'm now having too many conversions at the same time killing me, so no updates for some time to any of my cars.
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I see. Well then, good luck. Keep us updated :D
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD

Return to “Editing”