A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

hey guys about the release date you should check the license plate from the back of the car... it says 31 05 07 but right under that there is a JAN ... probably 08 because 07 has passed :D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Sorry but its not the release date coz if it was then EA has done the dumbest thing ever... but no it wont be the release date also how it says 'Jan' thats always been on the NFS numberplates i think...

Oh also notice how the rear spoiler changes :shock: WTF!
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

its a completely different car shown that crashes. well, its the same car, but a different same car(rx7, modded differently)

@ thestig- well, yes, if i were a game producer with a huge amount of fans, yes, i would want some critics, but if they only point out all the bad things all the time and never told me i did anything right, i would stop making that game. then the fans will be sorry when its gone.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

This is weird, ...they just showed some wrecks.

Does this mean they're working on the things that were left out before?
gronholm
Stock
Stock

Post by gronholm »

Hmm... Well this looks nice :) And it looks good judging by the teaser...

Need for Speed: Legacy Beach©

Experience the world of street racing in an all new view where you take on your competition in the city, canyons, and the beach!

Story/Background:

After taking over Palmont City and reclaiming your territory, you head out to Legacy Beach to see some old friends from your home town. They explain to you how the town has changed since you were there and now is a street racing hell. Parties go on constantly with people showing off there rides and challenging others. Be there is nothing neat about this. Cops are dirty and paid a certain amount of money, will make things happen to your advantage. They describe more about what goes on. When its time to go get something to eat you walk out to your car were it is missing. Somebody just stole it. You plan to get it back but your friends say in this town it will probably be cut and sold in pieces within an hour at chop shops. Now you’re out for revenge to bring your city back together and rule the streets. On the way you meet people who join the crew and introduce you to new cars and parts in the game and what there advantages are. You use an old abandon garage to store your cars which you buy at the beginning of the game and do “mission” to fix it back up to a 5 star garage. There are many different territories over 1000 miles of road ruled by different types of cars (listed below) and people. Even the cops control a territory.

Territories Types:

~City
~Canyon
~Industrial Area
~Beach
~Residential Area

Car Types:

~Tuner
~Muscle
~Exotics
~Truck/SUV

Car List:

~Acura Integra
~Acura RL
~Acura TL
~Alfa Romeo Brera
~AMC SC/Rambler (’69)
~American Motors AMX (’69)
~Aston Martin DB9
~Audi Le mans Quattro
~Audi TT
~BMW M3 GT
~Buick GSX (’70)
~Cadillac CTS
~Cadillac Escalade
~Chevrolet Avalanche
~Chevrolet Cobolt
~Chevrolet Camaro Concept
~Chevrolet Camaro SS (’69)
~Chevrolet Chevelle SS (’71)
~Chevrolet Corvette Z06
~Chevrolet El Camino SS (’70)
~Chevrolet Nova SS (’68)
~Chevrolet Silverado SS
~Chevrolet SSR
~Chevrolet Tahoe
~Dodge Challenger Concept
~Dodge Charger R/T (’68)
~Dodge Charger SRT8
~Dodge Dakota
~Dodge Dart (’69)
~Dodge Viper SRT10
~Ford F-150
~Ford Five Hundred
~Ford GT
~Ford Mustang Boss 302 (’70)
~Hemi Super Bee (’ 70)
~Honda Civic
~Honda Ridgeline
~Honda S2000 Roadster
~Hummer H1
~Hummer H2
~Hummer H3
~Mustang GT (‘07)
~Mustang GT (‘67)
~Shelby GT500 (‘07)
~Shelby GT500 (‘67)
~Shelby Saleen (‘07)
~Jaguar XK
~Koeninigsegg CCX
~Lamborghini Gallardo
~Lamborghini Murcielago
~Lotus Elise
~Mazda MX-5 Miata
~Mazda Speed3
~Mazda RX-7
~Mazda RX-8
~Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR
~Mercedes-Benz CLK500
~Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
~Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
~Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
~Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
~Nissan 240SX
~Nissan 350Z
~Nissan Frontier
~Nissan Maxima
~Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
~Nissan Titan
~Plymouth Hemi Cuda (’70)
~Plymouth “6-Pack” Road Runner (’69)
~Pontiac GTO
~Pontiac Firebird (’68)
~Pontiac Trans Am (’71)
~Porsche Carrera GT
~Porsche Caymen S
~Porsche Carrera S
~Porsche Turbo S
~Renault Clio V6
~Scion TC
~Scion XB
~Subaru WRX STI Imperza
~Toyota Supra
~Toyota MR2
~Toyota Tacoma
~Volkswagen Golf R32
Cop Cars:

~Police Civic Cruiser – Heat 1
~Police Civic Cruiser Undercover – Heat 2
~Police Civic State Cruiser (GTO) – Heat 3
~Police Civic State Cruiser Undercover – Heat 4
~Police Corvette Interceptor – Heat 5
~Police Corvette Interceptor Undercover – Heat 6
~Police Rhino – Heat 3 & Up

Races:

~Circuit
~Sprint
~Drag
~Drift
~Downhill Drift
~Street X
~Beach Style
~Tournaments (Drift, Drag, Circuit, Sprint, etc.)

Things you’ll encounter while playing:

~Level 6 Heat
~Higher Difficulty
~Much Longer Career Mode (3x that of Carbon)
~6 + Territories
~In game Advertising
~Great Music
~Real Car Sounds
~Autosculpt
~Greater Selection Realistic Cars
~Realistic Effects
~Realistic Weather
~Over 1000 Miles of Free Roam Territories
~Beaches, Theme Parks, Urban, Stadiums, Airports, and other kinds of landscape and buildings
~Challenge Series
~Reward Cards
~Secret Cars (Unlock through Reward Cards or Challenge Series)
~Hidden Bonus (Cars, Performance, Body, Money, etc.)
~Online and Offline Play
Performance Parts:

~Engine
~Transmission
~Nitrous
~Tires
~Brakes
~Suspension
~Turbo
~Supercharger
~Chips
~Air Intake
~ECU

Exterior Parts:

~Rims
~Body Kits
~Spoilers
~Exhaust Tips
~Mirrors
~Tail lights
~Head lights
~Neons
~Nitrous Purge

Interior Parts:

~Instrument Cluster (Gauges)
~Seats
~Neons
~Sound System (Trunk)
~TV\'s
~Game Systems
~Rollbar

Shops:

~Body Shop
~Interior Shop
~Paint Shop
~Specialty Shop
~Performance Shop
~Car Lot
~Safe House

Features:

~Individual Shops – Go to specific stores to get what you’re looking for like the Performance Shop, Body Shop, Specialty Shop, Paint Shop and more!
~Autosculpt – Make your ultimate dream car but sculpting anything you put on it from Body Kits to Rims.
~Show your Car – Drive up to car show rooms and participate in shows. If people like your look enough, you could make it onto the cover of a magazine or even a DVD!
~Day/Night – New 24 hour clock letting you live the intense racing life during the day and night.
~Dyno/Test Track – The Dyno and Test Track are back, you can now test your horsepower and tweak your car all from the Performance shop.
~Over 80 Realistic Cars – Tons of cars to pick from to and many types to show your personality.

31 MAY 2007
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Is that info true? in that case.... HOLY shiznit!
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

You got great imagination Gronholm! Now that would really kick a*s i would really really want that to be true! And if certain cars(Supra, Skyline) could be modded insanely like in real life that would be the thing!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Fishwhiz wrote: @ thestig- well, yes, if i were a game producer with a huge amount of fans, yes, i would want some critics, but if they only point out all the bad things all the time and never told me i did anything right, i would stop making that game. then the fans will be sorry when its gone.
Guess what, your not a game producer..

Please don't tell me that Carbon was a good game, cause it was not. yes it had some good and nice things but as a complete package it was not a good game, it had to many flaws and bugs in it, it had a short and not at all a original storyline. half the cars where "accidently" locked. PS2 gamers got screwed (while they payed basicly the same price as other gamers)
The Tier system looked good but had several flaws in it like powerfull cars that where in the wrong section, drifting was weird and utterly unrealistic.
The online system is simply not good, you can't team up with friends very easely specially in ranked games, you have to search both at the same time with the same criteria and even then the chances you find each other is not sure.
But I won't burn it completely to the ground cause it had some really nice and new things in it like: A nice carlist, with very nice new cars like the Charger SRT8, the classic muscle cars, they brought back Nissan etc. The ingame movies movies where nicely done (animated caracters in game). They canyon races where nice. and the challenge series where nice. Customizing was nice but not as good as they made us believe.

Most Wanted was IMO a better game, they GFX was a clear upgrade when you compare it with U2 but if you look at Carbon it does not look any better then MW, IMO MW had more new options in terms of GFX. in MW the sun moved and it had active shades wich Carbon did not have (duh night).

Look Carbon is not a horrible game, but it's clearly not the game they made us believe it to be. and if you can't see that I'm sorry.
I can remember that you FIZWIZ where the one that complained the most about how EA Screwed the PS2 users and now you are defending it again.

All I wanted to say here is that a teaser like this (wich isn't even 100% sure to be ingame) is not going to get me hyped over this game.
The teaser does do a good job cause alot of people are getting hyped about it.
And I am not saying I am not going to like this game. At this moment I am completely neutral about it. it can turn out to be eighter a good/great game or a bad game.

There is 1 thing I hope and that is that EA has been looking at the competition and that games like TDU woke EA up abit.

@ the list gronholm posted.

Please don't trust it. as you can see it's clearly a mix of all the cars in MW and U2 with some extra muscle and a few tuners added. with all races in U2 and Carbon.

EA will never reveal a full carlist and all ingame info about it before even revealing the first bit of info.
History also told us that EA will reveal the cars in steps.
gronholm
Stock
Stock

Post by gronholm »

Well thats true, but if it is real :) Than it is cool, I just did copy/paste from another site :)
Yeah, I cant seem to find the same info anywhere else :? Probably fake.. But it is cool, that headlights taillights + dyno + some other great stuff :)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

I don't think the stuff gronholm posted is accurate at all. Judging by the teaser, we're off the underground theme, and more into pure racing (pro drifting), and fighting for territories doesn't really make sense... I never liked the territory thing either tho, I still want NFS to be about racing, not about Hollywood drama, but I'm pretty sure the next NFS will have some of that as well, so I'm not getting too excited about this yet...
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

I don't think it is a legal race. I think it's just the trac from a drift race. Maybe. i'm not sure. the graphics look incredible, and i hope the game will at least have a longer and harder career mode.And more cars:). I liked having 50+ cars in carbon.
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

Sounds more like a "wish list" than anything factual. ;)
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

seen the vid, amazingly nice done, but no in-game at all... probably more info the 31st =) i do like the vid a lot, great stuff, hope they will implent damage this time. looks great =)
NFast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFast »

OMFG! :shock:
May 31.. "..I love the elements of surprise"
NFast
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFast »

TheStig wrote: Please don't tell me that Carbon was a good game...
Yes it was.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i thought that carbon sucked, but i don't think you read the part of my post about critisizm. it is good, but i would not like too much, because i would be offended with that many people telling me i suck.
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Hey Guys, I just read about this today and I am LOST. Is this going to be the next NFS Title or is this a update to Carbon (Which in my opinion was not good). So if someone can tell me what the Heck is this, it will really help me out.

THX!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

It wouldn't hurt to read some posts in this thread, would it?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

NFast wrote:
Yes it was.
no it wasnt.
and please use the edit button, ty
thestephman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thestephman »

its called Need for speed: Next... says right on the site :-s
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

NFast wrote:
Yes it was.
If you are a really NFS fan and not a new-ricer starting from MW, you will notice the difference with the OTHER nfs games such as HP2, HP, Porsche 2000, High Stakes, etc. :wink:
Strafer wrote:Is that info true? in that case.... HOLY shiznit!
NO! it's not, just a "guess" or a list he made that something there can be true, but NOT OFFICIAL!!!
And the game IS NOT released in May 31....jeeezz :x
madog.bnk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by madog.bnk »

does any one feel like with ea past histroy with soding up games that this will actully be like that promo when the game comes out?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

madog.bnk wrote:does any one feel like with ea past histroy with soding up games that this will actully be like that promo when the game comes out?
If they did it with MW and Carbon, why not with this one?
EA LOVES messing stuff at the VERY LAST moment, as they did with Carbon... :(
madog.bnk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by madog.bnk »

look how many people were over the top with carbon and look at what actully happened when the game hit the shops, full of bugs, coppy grahpics and a sort ass storyline that led no where, what u think will happen to this
OwnerVillage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OwnerVillage »

ow yea finally a real game EA finally dears to have damage the reason why there arend damge models is becasue manufactures dont like their cars smackerd up and that the people see that their not safe @ scale models it takes alot of money and risk cuz once the people saw the damage models they want it in all the NFS games so hope this wil work out gr8 and no bugs...

Return to “News”