Talk about NFS - SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Talk about NFS - SHIFT

Post by prince1142003 »

Just a heads up, Shift is not expected to be anything like Underground. Underground was about street racing, and Shift is about professional racing, which are two different things. Tuning and customization will be present, but is not expected to be the focus of the game like it was in Underground. Expect things along the lines of ProStreet.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I only wish they change their minds and add some country side tracks too.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I miss the tracks from Porsche Unleashed. Some of those tracks were the best ever.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

prince1142003 wrote:I miss the tracks from Porsche Unleashed. Some of those tracks were the best ever.
qft I'd love to see state-of-the-art remakes.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i belive it will have the same set up as pro street. which was basicly as under ground 2 change anything you want. im happy there is no real store line like rep points u gota get against this guy that is pissed at you so u gota race him, so bad...
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Looks like London will be a location. Spotted Big Ben at 0:21-24
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

It will be similar to "PRO Street" which is the worst NFS game ever, they should do something like MW...that concept was the best so far.

I will not buy NFS Shift!
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

pro street is not the worest game ever. carbon n undercover is. prostreet is a good game. i like the track feel.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Ceano wrote:It will be similar to "PRO Street" which is the worst NFS game ever, they should do something like MW...that concept was the best so far.
Obviously you're the new generation of NFS fan.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Pro Street was imo much better than other new generation NFSs. The worst were Carbon and Undercover. U, U2 and MW were OK to play (I enjoyed them at the time, but when you look back you see NFS went downhill). Shift won't take it back to the classics, but will take it away from the new gen ones and hopefully be a good simulation. Previous NFSs were arcades and I don't like the fact that a game unrealistic. The classics were races mostly on countrysides and towns, while new gen are in the cities. Shift and Pro Street are/will be on tracks. If they decide to go back to the roots, they should just change back to the countrysides and stock supercars, but keep with the simulation.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Ceano wrote:It will be similar to "PRO Street" which is the worst NFS game ever, they should do something like MW...that concept was the best so far.

While I appreciate your contributions to hex editing, I simply fail to see how you can call ProStreet the worst NFS game when there are games like Carbon and Undercover.

But to each his own, I guess. At least you'll have choices when it comes to NFS games this year since there will be 4 different ones released.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

peterfaj wrote:Pro Street was imo much better than other new generation NFSs. The worst were Carbon and Undercover. U, U2 and MW were OK to play (I enjoyed them at the time, but when you look back you see NFS went downhill). Shift won't take it back to the classics, but will take it away from the new gen ones and hopefully be a good simulation. Previous NFSs were arcades and I don't like the fact that a game unrealistic. The classics were races mostly on countrysides and towns, while new gen are in the cities. Shift and Pro Street are/will be on tracks. If they decide to go back to the roots, they should just change back to the countrysides and stock super cars, but keep with the simulation.
Its been told a thousand times that they need to fall back to the roots. Shift is to the right direction but sometimes its like blowing in the wind, nothing gets changed. So, I'm just tired of scream at EA. If NFS falls it falls and there is no one but themselves to blame. Maybe now that Black box isn't full in charge that it wont have so many bugs and nasty feel.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

How is SHIFT taking NFS back to its roots? This is nothing more than EA acquiring a new studio. EA bought Slightly Mad and stamped Need for Speed on their game. So in a big way, this has nothing to do with the franchise as a whole, because its so off course. But regardless, its good. As far as I can tell, the free roam/tuning aspect of NFS has been beaten to death.
korge
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

korge wrote:How is SHIFT taking NFS back to its roots? This is nothing more than EA acquiring a new studio. EA bought Slightly Mad and stamped Need for Speed on their game. So in a big way, this has nothing to do with the franchise as a whole, because its so off course. But regardless, its good. As far as I can tell, the free roam/tuning aspect of NFS has been beaten to death.
I guess your right...well i dont know what to think about NFS anymore they just said, you know what lets screw up every game we make to weewee of the real fans and lets target the lil minds.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

korge wrote:How is SHIFT taking NFS back to its roots? This is nothing more than EA acquiring a new studio. EA bought Slightly Mad and stamped Need for Speed on their game. So in a big way, this has nothing to do with the franchise as a whole, because its so off course. But regardless, its good. As far as I can tell, the free roam/tuning aspect of NFS has been beaten to death.
EA haven't bought Slightly Mad Studios, they are publishing SHIFT and "helping out" a bit.

But you might be right about this, if SHIFT is successful, EA might gulp down Slightly Mad too.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

prince1142003 wrote:Look, all of you complaining about how SHIFT is straying away from the illegal aspect of Undeground. EA is releasing World Online for you guys! With cops! And illegal racing! Go drool over there and leave SHIFT alone. No one's forcing it on you.
Good luck with that. $10 says that the reaction to SHIFT will be the exact same as ProStreet's. I guess there's no pleasing ALL parts of the NFS fanbase, let alone ANY part, anymore.

Plus, I can't play SHIFT, seeing as I don't have a current-gen console.

THEN WHY DID YOU POST HERE?!
prince1142003, AGAIN, wrote:Look, all of you complaining about how SHIFT is straying away from the illegal aspect of Undeground. EA is releasing World Online for you guys! With cops! And illegal racing! Go drool over there and leave SHIFT alone. No one's forcing it on you.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

SHIFT will also be out for PC, Kammy.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

XBox 360, PS3, PSP, and PC. Maybe it's time to consider getting a current gen console?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

prince1142003 wrote:XBox 360, PS3, PSP, and PC. Maybe it's time to consider getting a current gen console?
Kinda late to make that kind of investment imo.

That would be like buying a PS2 back when the 360 came out.

Console prices are still high for the fact that they are almost 4 years old. Its like car dealerships. They refuse to lower prices.
korge
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

yah but ps4 is around the corner
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

arabnight wrote:yah but ps4 is around the corner
you don't honestly believe that do you?

@Korge: Isn't that chick on fpsbananna in your signature?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

So far, by reading all of Arabknight's posts, I think he is quite confused and just babbling mental non-sense.

And no, its teh boxxy queen.
korge
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

by around the corner it about 2010 and yes i do believe it. -.-' and i'm not babbling. Ps3 is about 2 years old already if not more. n' u cant say that they wont make a new PS. That's like saying Nvidia is not gona make a new video card in 3months.

Anyways back to the post topic.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I sincerely hope you're joking.

Typically, popular game consoles (The original Xbox being an exception) last at the very minimum 6 years before they are replaced (even after which they are continually developed for an additional 1 or 2 years). The 360 was released in 2005, so it's safe to say that there won't be a replacement for that until late 2011 or more likely, sometime in 2012. The PS3 was released a year after the 360, so there probably won't be a PS4 until 2013 or later.

And the PS3 is actually closer to 3 years old, but that is still midlife in console cycles. No one is saying that a PS4 won't happen, just that it's not going to happen at an absurdly soon time like you suggest.

Lastly, due to the slow start of the PS3, continued popularity of the Xbox 360 and untapped potential of the Wii, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this current-generation console race lasts longer than expected.

AND, if you consider current economic times, Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to put in millions of dollars of research money into a new console when their biggest market (North America) is in no position to spend extra money. So even if it was time for a console update, there probably wouldn't be one due to that reason.
Last edited by Porsche-AG on 03 Apr 2009, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

ok ok ok guys. So its not exactly around the corner but meh. i barely use my ps3 anyways use my pc more.

Return to “SHIFT”