computer Render art Topic

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Thank you, Ibi. I use LightWave 3D.

He looks very good :D Perhaps a bit too smooth (and too 'Man of steel' to my liking ;) ) but the modelling is very nice.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

T-Shine I like your Carrera GT model, and all the light effects. The one in your signature rocks 8)

Ibi: Wow are you really a n00b? When I see those models I think it must be damn hard. I should try some day. I've got 3DSMax6.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

i don't know if i consider myslef as a noob now, I think i may have upgraded to an amatuer :lol:

Anyhoo.... i previoulsy kinda gave up on the Z4, after i completely screwed it up, but yesterday i went back to it, and started to fix it up, concentrating on the details, which i'm gonna spend a long time on, to get it good or as best as i can.... so here's some updated pics. I just about managed to get the curvy lines along the door, and also started cutting out the hood, doors, trunk, etc.

Image Image

I'm quite proud of the trunk actually, i think i've done a pretty good job on it, heheh....whatch this space people :P
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

wow cool stuff pple..just a small question..how much is this program,3DSMax?
i'm 2 lazy 2 search 4 it :P
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

the last time i checked it was about $3,500..... roughly...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

3DStudio Max 7 Stand-alone license is about 4500€ (mine isn't actually mine, it's licensed to the company I work for).
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

vellu wrote:3DStudio Max 7 Stand-alone license is about 4500€ (mine isn't actually mine, it's licensed to the company I work for).
WTF $4500 for a programm :shock: :shock:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

master m wrote:
vellu wrote:3DStudio Max 7 Stand-alone license is about 4500€ (mine isn't actually mine, it's licensed to the company I work for).
WTF $4500 for a programm :shock: :shock:
And that's just the basic program... If you need motion capture support or some other "extra special" feature (realistic fire/water/hair etc) plug-ins go for 300-700€ each. See for your self:

http://www4.discreet.com/3dsmax/3dsmax.php?id=741

But one has to remember the fact that 3DS is certainly NOT designed for home/single work-station use. Even the most powerful PC workstation money could buy would be too slow if any 3D-animation is to be rendered. You need a "rendering farm" (5-10 workstations minimum) for that which could easily cost 15000-20000€

For example, my AMD 2400 XP@2GHz renders this atteched image in about 25 minutes. That is, just a SINGLE frame. Image if you'd need to render a 10 minute animation (15000 frames). It would take 260 days to render...
Attachments
Render sample
Render sample
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

well i guess its time for an update on the Z4, i've doing for almost forever...... dam i am one slow ass modeller :lol:

Image Image Image

As you can see the modelling, particularly at the rear ain't perfect, a lot of bumps and just bad modelling in general, but i'm quite happy with the majority of the car, just a little messy in general tho.... let me know what you think.. :D
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

wow Ibi, Im not good at modeling at all so im guessing that your render is great!!!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

well as long as it remotly resembles what it supposed to, i'm happy :D
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Wow, that's great. It's obviously a Z4, good job!
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

at least i know you are using you time wisely instead of doing some car presentations....lol *hint* *hint* lol
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

!

Post by Tunerfreak »

Heads up! Bling just entered da house!
:lol:

Its my first attempt at making something with Zmodeler. Its got gaps everywhere and its all wrong but im going to keep going with it and see what happens.
Its a non blueprinted car thing that I just came up with. At the moment I have no ideas how to add textures... or anything else for that matter... :roll:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

hey, hey.... good start for a beginner. So i take its a concept model... :wink: hahah

Well I've almost finished my Z4, I still have the tail lights, indicators, and side mirrors to do yet, and A LOT OF TWEAKING... here's some pics of it. :D

Image Image Image Image

I'm quite proud of the wheels on this car... and as you can see i kept the treds on the tires simple, 'cause i couldn't be assed to do them properely...lol

I'm still not that happy with this model, as you can see the doors and windscreen areas still need a lot of tweaking around, and i'm quite dissappointed how the cuts in the door turned out too, i can't seem to get them sharp enought :? But overall i'm happy with it.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

wow Ibi, that is great.... i like it.... hurry up and finish so i can have a new wallpaper!! :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

That is amazing, really it is. You really need to work for some company or something, don't waste such talent! :shock:
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

lol, i don't think i'm that good enough to work for a company, espeically the work that i've seen from professionals. I still have a lot to learn....
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Ive got 3D Studio Max 7.0 on my computer as well as Zmodeler. Do you guys think id be better to start learning in 3ds instead? 3ds looks to me like a way more advanced program but I dont seem to have the knowledge I need.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I never used Zmodeler, but i think 3DS max is pretty much industry standard along with Maya.... There are a lot of things you can do using 3DS max...
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

When I know 3ds max really well, I'm gonna make 3d interior renders of houses...
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Here's the final mesh with brand new textures thanks to TtR :D
Attachments
cgt_74.jpg
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

nice work T-Shine, I love it! :D I'm almost finished with my Z4 (dam I am slow :lol: ) Did you do the interior of the car too? I've not done an interior and i'm not planning to do one, but I need something to block the view through the windscreen, any suggestions?
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

sure, just make it all black like EA did
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

Wow, I didn't even see your Z4 :o I thought all the other posts were old, heh.

Very nice work! But yes, like Pinecone said, that is a nice way of doing it. Of course it may not look as good as a full interiour, but it does the job in less time :)
Unlike on the Gallardo, a black interiour is also how I did it on my two latest models :)

Don't mind the wireframe, but it should give you an idea of how it can be done. Basically it is modelling the 'silhouette' of the interiour and giving it a black material.
Attachments
interiour1.jpg

Return to “Creativity Board”