Can you put Hummer H2 rims on another car?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

yeah i know what u guys mean.
However there is one disadvantage to actually having the egine in the game.
That is that if there was an egine while driving, your graphics card will have to render it, even though u cant see it.

Anyway, is there anyway to make the stock rims bigger? By hex editing or something?
It would be awesome to have the stock GTO rims in 20" :D:D
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

As far as Hex Editing goes, No. Thats a whole other world of editing! Mostly likely you would have to find a editor that lets you change the textures in the game. Then all you would have to do is change the texture of a large wheel with the texture of the wheel you want. Sadly I don't know of any editor like that for NFSU2.
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

O yeah just for show, here is what it looks like if you remove the hood
Attachments
RX-8.JPG
(25.97 KiB) Downloaded 5041 times
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Oh yeah i see. Damn, i would have loved to have drove with the hood off with the GTO and 20" stock rims. Oh well.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

how cool is that hood ive been wating for years somone to make a hood vynil so i can make a black hood :D .

anyway my question is what do you edit? my file name is bullet so do i edit the file in BULLET the folder? which is a url file protocol? or somthing else do i make a copy of that or as well as all the dvds and stuff?
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Dude, LOL!
Read the posts! Thats not a black hood! It just looks that way from that picture. Click on it and drag it to your desktop or save the picture. Then double click on it and view it. You will notice that yo can see right through it, clear to the ground.
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

oh yeah lol, im blind yeah dont mind my 1st post i fidured it out now
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

I have one more question for now.
Is there a way to make a car even lower than stage 3 suspention? Like really low so it almost touches the ground.
rage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rage »

can i have a black hood or any other colour
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

ants wrote:I have one more question for now.
Is there a way to make a car even lower than stage 3 suspention? Like really low so it almost touches the ground.
i dont think so... i dont even think it can be done through the savegame
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

As of right now the only way I know how to lower the car more and I haven't even tried it yet is to put the smallest wheels on the car. Example: Put 15" wheels on the mustang or on a SUV. Try it and see what happens. I am still working on things like this. Such as adjusting the cars torque, turning radius (which I have used MemHack to change this one so that you can turn on a dime), 0 - 60 speed, 0 -100 speed, nos boost, etc.....
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

The only way I know to put a lower suspension that lvl 3 is go to the performance tunning-circuits-tunne settings-suspension and lower front/rear suspension to the max. You´ll see a little diference if you compare to lvl 3 suspension. As far as I know, you cant lower the suspension by hex editing the savegame. I think the heigth of the car is in the geometry file.
adil riaz
Stock
Stock

Post by adil riaz »

teell me how u did that iam an expert of using hex editor but can u give me codes to do that
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

What do you wanna know, Mr. Expert!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

adil riaz wrote:teell me how u did that iam an expert of using hex editor but can u give me codes to do that
Why don't you try helping yourself by reading through this topic?
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Pelado wrote:
The only way I know to put a lower suspension that lvl 3 is go to the performance tunning-circuits-tunne settings-suspension and lower front/rear suspension to the max. You´ll see a little diference if you compare to lvl 3 suspension. As far as I know, you cant lower the suspension by hex editing the savegame. I think the heigth of the car is in the geometry file.
Will you notice that its lower in free run or is only for circuit?
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

LNavi2001 wrote:As of right now the only way I know how to lower the car more and I haven't even tried it yet is to put the smallest wheels on the car. Example: Put 15" wheels on the mustang or on a SUV. Try it and see what happens.
i dont think it would work, because when u put 26's on another car it wont raise her, it would go through the ground, if u put 15's the car wouldnt touch the ground - i think :roll:
LNavi2001
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LNavi2001 »

Yeah, thats what I am thinking and thats why I haven't tried it!

Found some more lil tricks out last night. I can now change the start point. Example: When you start a new profile and the game begins Rachael's car is at the airport. Well I know how to change it so you can be anywhere in the city.

I also know how to restore all the races. Example: I beat the game completely! Well as everyone knows once you do this the only races you can do are the outruns. Not anymore, I can now restore all the races so that you can replay the whole game and keep the car you beat the game with.

I also figured out how to keep Rachael's car. Example: When you go to the first car shop you lose Rachael's car (trade in for a civic, miata, etc...). Not anymore, I can now continue playing the game using Rachael's car.

I also figured out how to unlock all the garages with out having to find them on the map. This way when you start a new game you can look at the mini map and go straight to the shop of your choice.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

Nice! i see u are really into it
The only thing i do is change rims and no spoiler
chk out my garage and tell me what u think of my cars
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... /2Pacaveli
thanks
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

Could someone please post the steps on how to take the spoiler off?
Is it easier that the 26" rims hex edit?
Thanks.
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

ants wrote:
Pelado wrote:
Will you notice that its lower in free run or is only for circuit?
I noticed this in the customize section. If you want to take pictures in game, you have to lower the suspension in the correct race mode.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

ants wrote:Could someone please post the steps on how to take the spoiler off?
Is it easier that the 26" rims hex edit?
Thanks.
yes it is easier
the first way is to rename the spoilers folder to somthing alse but u wont have ANY sopilers that way
the second way:
copy the save game
then change the spoiler (so now u have 2 save games, totaly identical except for the spoiler)
u compare the files with the hex workshop and find the difference
now u just change it, no matter what u change it 2
go back 2 the game and load ur profile again, u should see it (or u shouldnt see it 2 be more precise :wink: )
hope i helped
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

You could also check the "Spoilerless cars Thread", ants.
2Pacaveli
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 2Pacaveli »

Spoilerless cars Thread?
i never saw it....
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

Yup, it's right above this one.

Return to “Editing”