Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Test drive unlimited

Post by Porsche-AG »

GHz isn't totally squat but usually a dual core that has a combined GHz that's the same as a single core runs quite a bit better. Either way, someone like me who has a 2.4 GHz outdated CPU isn't going to have very good performance no matter what graphics card I have. I can run ProStreet on my laptop (800 x 600 with NVIDIA 6150 Go) which has a dual core but I can't even run it on my PC.

And yes, I didn't decide on what card I have but it does meet and pass minimum requirements for ProStreet with the only setback being my CPU (I checked MinimumRequirementsLab).

And no, there are still no cars available for download on PC unless you download the patch for free which comes with an Audi RS4 and Nissan Skyline R34. To be honest, I don't think there is going to be any downloadable content at all for PC due to fewer users, thousands of bugs, and the fact that they might be working on TDU2 as we speak.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:If you know, there isn't much difference between them apart from the cache sizes. And I don't see you running games like ProStreet at high settings so you shouldn't be trying to put my Celeron down. And if the CPU doesn't play a part, go get a AMD K9 and pair it with a 8800GTS/GT/GTX and go play TDU.
Actually i am running ProStreet at 800x600 Medium-high 2xAA and it runs ok on:
Pentium 4 3.3Ghz
1Gb DDR 275x2Mhz Dual channel
Radeon X700 AGP 128mb 128bit (<-----Notice the outdated card that's why i can't play it on ultra high, whereas you have a 8 series GeForce)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Ok then, you still shouldn't have tried to put my stuff down. I know I don't have the best stuff but hey...nor do you.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Forgot to say this earlier but i didn't put your stuff down all i did is say that the CPU is not that powerful compared to a Dual core.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Since I got back to playing TDU (atleast attempted to), I can't stand the huge deadzone using my Rumblepad 2 when steering. Does anybody have the same problem?

If you push the stick a little, nothing happens. Push it a little further and it steers a little, and even further steers too much. The steering isn't linear and it gets worse due to the large deadzone. I don't remember having this problem, or just not noticed it when I played it a long time ago. I think ProStreet killed my brain and made me unable to adapt to this POS deadzone, since PS is rather sensitive. D:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Umm... Got it, but it runs like a dog despite every update... Specs: G.2ghz P4 HT, 1.25 gb DDR 400, 7600GT, more free HDD space then most new computers have gigabytes.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

If ANYONE is having problems running the game on a machine similar to the following on low settings...

1GB 3200 RAM
BFG 6200 OC
2.66 GHZ CPU
30-80GB HDD free space

then go to this link :wink:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=574914

when you follow the steps and etc you'll get rid of all that useless garbage floating around and birds which for some reason take a serious impact on performance
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cheers, I have to try it. However, my GFX and CPU specs are significantly better...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Dang-it man... why couldn't you post this before I spent $200 on a new MoBo to run my Core2Quad with... >.<*

(Damaged Sempron64's FTL) :lol:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

If any one is still playing this we should make a showroom of a sort showing our cars and the places we photographed.
I know you can't mod the cars visualy but it's the place where you take the photo that matters.

I'll start with some photos:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

What setting are you running and on what?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

um, is test drive unlimited, as some articles say (or criticize), not really that good because of how too much of the game is taken up by cosmetic changes?

Is the driving experience any good?
oh snap
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I just got the game a few days ago. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I get to the photo mode?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

baumaxx1 wrote:What setting are you running and on what?
1280x1024 16xAA Multisampling 16xAF HDR enabled all others max on:
Intel E8200 @2.67GHz
2Gb RAM
Gainward 9600GT at stock clocks

If you are wondering how i did 16XAA and AF: I went into the nVIDIA control panel and overrode the settings.
I just got the game a few days ago. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I get to the photo mode?
Press "P"
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Skyline_man wrote:Some good news here. :D

http://www.slicegaming.com/story-457-Te ... unced.html
W00t! Finally, more cars for TDU. I hope the Ferrari F40 is in there. Ferrari F40 ftw.

Yeah, TDU was running out of gameplay life for me anyway. I hope this is real - lots of people have been talking about this for a while, yet there's been no sign of a possible carpack for a while.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Motivation to get my TDU reinstalled!

Damn those bugs... :(
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

hell...motivation for me to work harder to buy a G25 :P
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

WTF its not even free.... we had to wait ages for those extra cars and they make us pay for them too... FAIL :!:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I'd post some of mine, but TDU still isn't installed. Actually, no games are installed yet. :lol:
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Well after a few months without a PC I have returned to find out that not much has changed in the world of TDU :( I was hoping we would get some car packs or something. Any way I still play it now and then and i got some pics too :D Ok either i have been away too long and don't remember how to upload images or the forum is busted.

EDIT: No seriously I cant upload any pics. Any idea why?
Last edited by GINIX_2007 on 14 Mar 2008, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

YaelDjiel wrote:WTF its not even free.... we had to wait ages for those extra cars and they make us pay for them too... FAIL :!:
Tempting tho, I'd like the Viper... I started playing again earlier this week, and I'm really bad now... Couldn't control the McLaren SLR in H mode at all... Just spun out all the time... Really gotta play more. :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Yeah, it does kind of stink that we're going to have to pay for the addon cars. But, heck, XBox 360 people had to pay for them too... they had to pay more, in fact. Look at it this way: we're getting a discount for waiting :lol:

And, sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but:

SKYLINE GT-R SOUND MOD

by RedCarDriver. Ripped from Juiced. I don't really have anywhere else to post it, so is here OK? (If not, sorry... Editing forum maybe, but that's really only for NFS stuff as far as I know... and I'm not registered on any other forums except the EA ones, but that would be worse.)

http://www.geocities.com/hkvideogamer/s ... od_tdu.zip

Unzip and put "SKYGTR_audio.bnk" (without quotes... you know, the file in the .zip?) in the proper directory, which is:

(TDU Install Directory)\Euro\BNK\Sounds\Vehicles

Backup the existing one first, though. If you have problems loading the game, go to:
(boot drive name)\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited
and delete radial.cdb.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Hmmz, interesting, might give that a try... But it won't get me banned when using it online? I don't think mods are too popular online, and even tho a sound mod should be ok, I wanna make sure... Don't wanna risk losing my account or something. :P

But I've been hoping for something like this, the Skyline sound in TDU is weird, and I really don't think that's what a Skyline should sound like. :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

No, sound mods aren't against the rules (as far as I know). I'd estimate that about 1/2 of everyone I've met online in TDU that is above Pro level has at least one sound mod. Lots of people have been making them - ever see TDUAddons.com?

And, if you don't want to "risk it", make a 2nd, offline profile and remove the mod when playing on your main one. However, sound mods don't affect the game in any way except your car sounding different (to you only anyways), so it's not really cheating as far as I know.

EDIT: actually, TDUAddons is down right now, but still. Relisss has uploaded lots of stuff there.

Return to “The Games”