World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Tier 1 cars(Charger and Scirocco).
Neither of them are competitive. The Charger was faster in the betas than it is now with only a street upgrade available (no pro upgrade). Scirocco isn't fast either. Neither of them are that good for pursuits, and it's easy to get busted in the Charger because of it's poor grip.

The Silvia (eventually with pro upgrade) is the dominant tier 1 car, both for racing and for pursuits.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

S15 is good for pursuits only if you invest some skill points in the Pursuit area, like, making the car heavier ..
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Correct.

The Eclipse GT > Silvia [S15] in pursuits.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

rcgldr wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:Tier 1 cars(Charger and Scirocco).
Neither of them are competitive. The Charger was faster in the betas than it is now with only a street upgrade available (no pro upgrade). Scirocco isn't fast either. Neither of them are that good for pursuits, and it's easy to get busted in the Charger because of it's poor grip.

The Silvia (eventually with pro upgrade) is the dominant tier 1 car, both for racing and for pursuits.
I didn't know Charger was that bad.

I remember it was a bad car back then. It was heavy, bad handling, lowest top speed and only a little bit better acceleration.

I guess ill just get some more speedboost, buy Elise, and start getting cash for tier 3...
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:I didn't know Charger was that bad.
The Special Edition Charger in the Betas was much better than the street upgraded Charger now. Top speed was 143 mph, versus the current 128 mph, it had much more acceleration and a bit better grip. A video of it at Lincoln Blvd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRf5zV5w05U&hd=1
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Moral: Marc blows at tuning. This may be an arcade racer, but we'd all be better off if real car stats were used. Getting tired of all the other 15 cars being underpowered.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I suffer of the underpowered cars! I can't believe the Elise beats the cr*p out of most T2 cars and T3! It's the same thing EA did with all other NFS, they kinda force you to buy a car, that you don't like, that kills most of the other cars...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Not all of them. I mean, with Most Wanted, I beat Razor with an RX-7.

But yeah, Marc's tuning, as I said before, makes all but three cars (being the Drifter poster boy, the British go-kart, and the overrated Most Wanted icon) mere shells of what they should be. Nissan GT-R... -.-
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I totally agree mate!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Makes me wonder if its worth waiting for any new cars to arrive..

Its obvious that Silvia, Elise and M3 GTR will still dominate everything.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Was there another new batch of cars coming out? Or are you referring to the 'new' ones which are currently only rental?

Sorry, haven't been keeping too up to date with the World news right now.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I'm referring to any cars that might come out in future, and those that are still rental only.

Most cars are somewhat balanced, they have good handling but low top speed, or high top speed and worse handling.

But some are too good and some are useless.

Silvia is best in tier 1 and there's no other car to compete with it.
Nissan GT-R in tier 3? Everyone says its useless, slow, and bad.
Tier 2, Lotus Elise seems to have best stats in every field and is better than every car.

If they used real life stats, without their personal "tuning", i wouldn't be bothered so much if X owned everything else.
But i don't believe in Supra being so useless, Nissan GT-R being slowest of all those cars, 911 Turbo...same as GT-R, and Silvia being faster than all of those Tier 1 cars. Or Charger being so slow and all...and still having a HIGHER level requirement. :?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Supra is still a competitive car, i drive it on Waterfront and it keeps up with most of the cars.

Recently bought GTR, need 1 more level so i can pack it up.

As for Evo X, pwns @ level 45, when you put the last pack.

I don't really care that GTR is so under rated, because if you are a good driver, you can keep up with most rammer noobs .. And besides, i choose cars for my taste, not performance wise.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, i took Silvia because no other car that was available for a new driver appealed to me.

Otherwise i'd take Charger , and whine all day how i cant win a single race.

In tier 2, im deciding between RX-7 and Supra.

But there is one thing....

Is it true that every tuning package for Supra removes its spoiler?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

take the rx-7 almost as good as the lotus.
but al lot lower lvl to buy it and upgrate it.
so you have a lot more fun with the rx-7

and supra removes its spoiler only on pro pack.
with street pack it keeps his spoiler.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

World v5 is coming next week, once with HP release date!

Also, check the official website starting tomorrow, they will add a series of 5 posts with more info about v5!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

How do i get past barriers on the road leading "out" of map?

(i tried good old resetting but no success so far)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Nice to hear about the performance tuning, might make an effort to download the update.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

ElvenAvenger wrote:How do i get past barriers on the road leading "out" of map?

Are you talking about the road at the bottom of the map? The one leading downwards from Rockport? If you are then you might want to read this:
Racemaniac wrote:I think you guys might want to see the picture I've attached.It's to do with the road leading out of Rockport. But I'm not going to spoil the surprise for you guys, lets just say that you're going to be like this: :o (or not) when you see it. I've circled it so you know what it is.

I think it's really cool that they're going to add this sometime soon although it will probably take some time.
Link to the picture.
Hope that answers your question :wink: .
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Racemaniac wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:How do i get past barriers on the road leading "out" of map?

Are you talking about the road at the bottom of the map? The one leading downwards from Rockport? If you are then you might want to read this:
Racemaniac wrote:I think you guys might want to see the picture I've attached.It's to do with the road leading out of Rockport. But I'm not going to spoil the surprise for you guys, lets just say that you're going to be like this: :o (or not) when you see it. I've circled it so you know what it is.

I think it's really cool that they're going to add this sometime soon although it will probably take some time.
Link to the picture.
Hope that answers your question :wink: .
Ah, ok.

#-o I spent 30 minutes trying to get in.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Even if you manage to pass the barriers, you won't see anything interesting, the road and the rest of the game map will just end and you are left with a hole, nothing else :P

Btw, talking about roads, when will they open the two tunnels connecting Rockport to Palmont? They would be really useful for pursuits, but so far they are closed...
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Hydro_PT wrote:Even if you manage to pass the barriers, you won't see anything interesting, the road and the rest of the game map will just end and you are left with a hole, nothing else :P

Btw, talking about roads, when will they open the two tunnels connecting Rockport to Palmont? They would be really useful for pursuits, but so far they are closed...
Yeah, I noticed those two tunnels also, strange they're closed. Oh, they're connected together too by another road in between them.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I'm loving the fact that they've got new areas, added performance tuning etc. but it feels like a blank canvas of sorts without some additional game modes - to make the most of this great map and tuning used to it's full potential, some new modes and gameplay oriented additions need to be included.

Most notably race types; the majority of people that stopped playing were either tired of the grind or sick of sprint/circuit racing, which are basically the same thing anyway.

Some new modes are in order to balance the gameplay, most notably drift, canyon duels and drag. These are all unique and different game modes which have appeared in the recent NFS games leading up to World, and all fit the MMO concept well.

Canyon duels can be a great way to have a 1 on 1 'duel' with another racer, it's as personal as you can get. With the canyons (presumably) coming soon to World, this is a no brainer. Also, you could have bets on cash/cars/parts etc. for the daring competitors.

Drift is an awesome mode, my personal favourite. Seeing as the map wasn't designed to accomodate drifting, the most logical place to drift would be (again) on the canyons, as done in NFS Carbon. Though the Carbon drifting physics wasn't everyones favourite, it does suite the canyons best and would be a great addition. Lot's of sub-modes can be formed, such as drift duels, track point totals (standard) and others.

Drag racing is another mode which you all know about, it's been in and out of of series, but would be a good addition, and a nice way for other cars to prevail over the sprint/circuit overpowered Elises' of World.

These 3 unique racing modes give a more varied racing experience for players to enjoy, and also make different cars stronger for different races. Muscles, for instance, would be a strong choice for drag races, as well as poor handling exotics, and the low powered, high acceleration tuners adept to canyon duels.

Also, this means that we can tune our cars to perform to there max in certain modes, meaning another layer of strategy rather than the stronger car distinctly having an advantage.

Additionally, a lot of people have specifically drift or drag specific crews that race solely in that mode, and bringing these modes into World would entice these old NFS teams to make World home.

You have some really dominant crews here at the NFSUnlimited World Leaderboards, for instance team RL9 or the -BERSERKERS-. Now wouldn't it be cool for different teams be dominant at there own mode?

F.E. - Team RL9 and -BERSERKERS- are the main top dogs on the pure racing circuit, but king of the block when it comes to drifting are "Team X" (example) and the drag kings are "Team Y" (example). Also, "Team Z" are the most feared crew on the canyons.

Anyway, you get the idea.

Also, other things on the cards -

-Map Expansion (Bayview, Tri-City, Olympic City)

-New cars (a lot; assuming a lot of new muscles, plus the tier 4's eventually.)

-Expanding the level cap (a lot of hardcore racers have hit Level 50)

-New vinyls

-Expand performance tuning

-More visual body tuning (must have)

-Better crew/team integration (Ingame Leaderboards, News feed, crew popups, chat and ability to attach clan logo)

-Server Stability+ Additional Servers

That's the main things you'd want to be seeing in the next year or 2, obviously not all of that stuff's going to happen, but we can hope!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

And? Did they release the patch already?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

VERSION 5 IS OUT NOW, PEOPLES!

Return to “World”