Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Test drive unlimited

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah, because then it's only running on 1.6 ghz. It's a Pentium 4 virtual dual core... youd think with the 360's multi core, it could handle a pentium 4... :roll:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Red, my friend, I tried your R34 sound mod, not too distinctive, a bit louder ... how about taking the one from prostreet and replace it?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Actually, ProStreet and other NFS games are ridiculously hard to get the sounds from as you can't just extract them, and I am not very good at getting good looping samples from any NFS game. I tried last night with MW (to get a new sound for the RUFs) but could not get good samples out of it; and even when I got decent ones, I could not get them to loop properly.

Also, I've finished a 612 Scagletti engine noise (just taken from the existing Enzo) and a 360 Challenge Stradale one (taken from the same source as the new F430 one I made - GTR2). I will upload them when I get a chance. One thing though, can anyone find me a good source for F40 sounds? The existing sound is terrible and I can't find any sources that I think will work.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

baumaxx1 wrote:
GINIX_2007 wrote:I dont see why you would have problems running it. You have a faster processor and the 7600GS is a very capable card. you should be able to run it on high with no problems.

My 4 year old PC can still run it! on medium 1024 X 768
Specs:
intel P4 3.01Ghz
ATi 9600 XT
1GB RAM
Windows XP SP 2
Sound Blaster Live

EDIT: I guess the game just has problems with certain hardware configs.
WTF? I got 1.25gb RAM, P4 3.2ghz HT, and 7600GT and I cant run it properly on low.
Sorry, I ain't been around this thread for a bit...

First off, I might add I think that is total bull****.
I have:
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.7Ghz
2GB DDR2-800 RAM
7600GT
Etc, Etc...

...and I can't even run it fully maxxed out. So what the hell are you talking about? :|
Baumaxx is right, his system should only really be able to run it on low. I guarantee you, unless you plan on overclocking the crap out of your card, and cooling it with nitrous, you're NOT going to be able to max TDU with a 7600GT.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

I really don't understand :? My old PC could do 30fps in TDU (18pfs in the city) easy! and my new PC just rips right through it :D I think I posted a pic with fraps running a few pages back, I think.

EDIT: page 40
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Fraps slows the game even more.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

RedCarDriver wrote:Actually, ProStreet and other NFS games are ridiculously hard to get the sounds from as you can't just extract them, and I am not very good at getting good looping samples from any NFS game. I tried last night with MW (to get a new sound for the RUFs) but could not get good samples out of it; and even when I got decent ones, I could not get them to loop properly.
Well i haven't got TDU yet... So i dont know how the sounds work atm but what i had in mind was to get a sound recorder, which records anything played on the computer, then just drive a skyline or anycar from Pro street, then get a audio editor program and cut it down to length then fit it with the sounds on TDU then replace the TDU sound. But if they are diffrent then expected ill just figure something else out.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Yeah, that's what I did the last time I tried it, but it doesn't work like that - the sound is always increasing in pitch (never constant) and doesn't loop properly. I would like to record the sound from ProStreet but it isn't going to work unless I can find a good way to record it properly, or if I can edit it properly. I would like to redo the Skyline sound but I can't find a good enough source. If I could, I'd record it from the PB-Z R33 (search "1100bhp skyline r33" on YouTube) but I can't copy it off of the video, and if I could, I'm not sure if I'd have to get their permission or anything, or even that it would work.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

What about Project gotham racing 4 sounds? do you think that would go well? :) Cause when i get TDU ill record the sounds from PGR4, but what i do wanna do atm is can you send me a actual extracted sound clip of a car from TDU? cause i just wanna hear or get a well idea of how i can work with the sounds. I did NFS MW sounds ages back in the day, so this might be well slightly the same. :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

You could try downloading videos from youtube, if that helps.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Found out how to modify textures!! Sorry if posted/talked about before.

http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=3821

If you edit the textures you can edit: Rims, Interior textures, Rear lights, Headlights, (probably) Brake textures. Many more possibly like even clothes... I cannot try this out seeing im still waiting on TDU so if someone tries it out be sure to post a picture please! 8)
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I started playing it, pretty cool game, i'm running it at Med/1280 but cranked it to high/4x for this shot, not too much lag

*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Quality shot man Sweet :D
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ S2K_Skyline12: Great photo!

@ Danyutz: Yeah, that's the problem exactly - I can't figure out how to download videos from YouTube. If you could help me, that would be great. Thanks.

@ Race_Invader: I saw that and tried to make a mod for the Koenigsegg CCR (carbon-fiber trim, CCX-style) but I couldn't find the exact texture, despite the fact that I looked at all of them. I think it's in the 3d model somehow, it's a shame that you can't edit those yet.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Some people might like this mod..
Night Mod Vision:
This allows you to have night within TDU. This has synronised weather, and also has the sun moving from east to west, and not moving up and down like the default.

Click to Enlarge

Download this .zip files:
http://www.siteupload.de/p174684-NightSunModv02zip.html

Step 1
Extract the .zip into 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX' - replacing the original files with the downloaded ones.

*Important notes*
- It will take a few minutes for this change in the environment to occur, so be patient.
TDU-Central (Night mod)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ everyone:

You know how Prince said the megapack wouldn't be worth it until the gauges and sounds are fixed? I'm still working on it right now :mrgreen:

I have made a Nismo 350Z-style gauge for the Skyline R34, and I've fixed the 360 Stradale's gauge up a bit. I'll put them on my TDU page that I've linked to several times once I've tested them. I'm also going to work on other gauges; not sure which ones, but one I'm definitely going to attempt is the Caterham gauge (which, unmodded, hits a limit at some point and won't rev up any more as it is, by mistake, the gauge from a lower-model Caterham).

Also, I've already prepared a sound mod for the 360, but it's (again) almost identical to one posted on another site (even though I made it myself); I'll post it anyway as it might be better for some reason. I also have a new F40 sound, but it's mostly temporary until I get a better source (I currently only have GTR2 and Juiced at my disposal; I still can't rip stuff from NFS and I haven't been able to take anything from videos. The F40 one is taken from the Lister Storm in GTR2.)

EDIT: Yes, I know you're probably all tired of my TDU modding by now. lol. Also, once again, my TDU page is here.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Keep up the hard work man its good to see that some one still loves the game. I have not tried any of your mods yet but I will as soon as i get the time.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Thanks. I'll be taking some requests for stuff in general; I'll take gauge requests, rim-mod and body-texturing requests, and some sound mod requests (and only if I can do what you request; if it's a sound mod, I need a source). Note that there are limits to how I can mod this game; and there's no particular guarantee it'll work (sound mods and rim / body mods work for sure, but I STILL haven't tested the gauges, even though those should work also).

EDIT: 360 Stradale gauges are done, as are the "Nismo" R34 ones. I'll have them up in a bit.

EDIT 2: They're up - download them from the posted link.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I've installed again TDU and I've encountered some problems.
I start the game, pick a car, and drive for, like 5 minutes, and then it freezes.The keyboard doesn't work and I have to restart the PC.

I've read on some other forums that I have to delete a file radial.cdb from C:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited . I've done that, and no result. :|

Can this problem occur from the gfx drivers? :?

My rig: AMD X64 5000+ , 3 GB RAM, G-Force 8500GT, 500GB HDD SATA.
I tried running this on Vista Business,since I have both XP and Vista.
The same problem: it freezes after a short time. :x

EDIT: I've uninstalled TDU from Vista and now I can't run XP because, I found later, the uninstaller deletes the boot.ini file. I'm kinda pissed off now. :x

Can somebody tell me how to rewrite the boot.ini, having the Vista on C:\ and XP on D:\.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

:-s Boot.ini? I can open mine, but since mine is probably different from what yours was, I'm not sure that it'd be fixed if I just gave you mine. Either way, sounds like a bit of a wreck. My recommendation: google it.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Thanks anyway,I've managed to repair it with the XP Boot-CD.
But quite of a freaky thing...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Baumaxx is right, his system should only really be able to run it on low.
No, that's not what I meant. 6600GT is recommended, I have a 7600GT, and it's at like 11FPS on min... so there's something seriously wrong with either the game, my PC or the drivers. I want to get a new comp, and I don't game much because of yr 12, so I'll hold on.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

7600GT, and it still runs at around 11FPS? That's messed up - I don't know how it can be doing that. Try installing the FX-reducing patches: first, rename C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Details to Details_BAK, and install the FX-patch found here (er, link may be broken...).

On another note, I may have found a way to make blowoff valve sounds in sound mods - I'm going to attempt to add one to my Skyline R34 GT-R sound mod. (This trick is courtesy of killall of the official TDU forums.) I will post my results as soon as I've finished the mod.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

For the Porsche fans who hate RUF, here is what you will love when its released its still be created so no download link yet.
Thanks to Racer-Hardware.de ... RUF has been changed to Porsche!

There are some news about TDU. After the announced mega-car pack by ATARI was published, are now the RUF models.
As the fans but after Porsche screams, it will soon be a Porsche-Mod. New vehicle descriptions, new textures for vehicles and car dealers, new and customized sounds and new tachos it becomes available in the context. There's still some fine tuning, like the map logo in colour etc, there isn't a download link yet

Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

The new textures and sounds, are available only for Porsche?

Return to “The Games”