Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re: Test drive unlimited

Post by race_invader »

As many might know i have been waiting for TDU, well just as im waiting im recording my sounds for cars etc from PGR4 and Pro street, here is a sample of the Enzo from PGR4 what i have recorded. Remember this isn't gonna be final sound etc just a test of how the audio sounds. IF! the sounds or comments from listeners like it i might even record Forza motorsport 2 sounds.

Sorry but i had to upload it in .WMV seeing i can't find a site that shares audio. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8x_7jTykU

Tell me what you think. :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@Race_invader: Porsche-mods look cool (I saw that on the Atari forums), I can't wait for Racershardware to release that. Also, with the Enzo sound from PGR4, the source is usable but the sound just isn't that great compared to others.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well there is always other sounds on PGR4 and PGR3 also forza 2 or Pro street i did a test with i can get the audio but its not full length seeing if you gain speed it starts to make the sound passing objects etc.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

350Z from Prostreet sounds nicely, it can replace the 350z sound from TDU.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vj8J7Qj5Dw

Ive made this of sounds from Forza2, PGR4. Ive compiled cars sounds recorded from PGR4 & Forza2 along with my fav car from PGR4 toyota supra, which imo has the best loudest whistle sound and blow valve sound. Might even end up on a Nissan 350Z Nismo. :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

race_invader wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vj8J7Qj5Dw

Ive made this of sounds from Forza2, PGR4. Ive compiled cars sounds recorded from PGR4 & Forza2 along with my fav car from PGR4 toyota supra, which imo has the best loudest whistle sound and blow valve sound. Might even end up on a Nissan 350Z Nismo. :P
Yeah, I saw that. Those are actually pretty usable, see if you can get more "clean" ones and they'll work fine.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yeah, ill start to work on clean ones later on. I'm still waiting for tdu to arrive :( At the moment im just trying sounds out to get a set of sounds what would go good.

Edit: I'm getting TDU tonight! about time..
-----------------

Edit2: Played it etc, i run it at 1280-720 resolution, Refresh rate 60hz, 4x anti-aliasing & no HDR? i think it was.

Here is my new numberplate! :P

Last edited by race_invader on 08 May 2008, 18:38, edited 3 times in total.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sweet license plate. Also, you know how you said on the TDU: Central forums (as Tool831) that you can record ProStreet sounds? Although I think you meant that you just have access to the game and can record audio output from it, does that actually also mean that you can make usable loops out of it? If you can, I'd like some Porsche sounds as well as maybe the Murcielago LP640 and a few others. Yes, I can get them off of ProStreet too, but I can't get them to loop properly; if you can do that, I can help you make sound mods.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Played it etc, i run it at 1280-720 resolution, Refresh rate 60hz, 4x anti-aliasing & no HDR? i think it was.
Olease don't tell me you run it on less than a 7600GT >_<
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

baumaxx1 wrote:
Played it etc, i run it at 1280-720 resolution, Refresh rate 60hz, 4x anti-aliasing & no HDR? i think it was.
Please don't tell me you run it on less than a 7600GT >_<
Eh... I run TDU WITH that graphics card, and I can turn it to 1280x1024 res, medium level-of-detail, refresh rate 75hz, and no AA/HDR.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Detail levels in TDU aren't very different, and don't affect performance greatly. The only difference I really noticed between low and high is that in high, you could see a few more shrubs and the horizon was expanded so you could see buildings that were a bit further away.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Good point. I only listed that so that I'd be listing ALL of the specs.

Also, look at this:

:shock: This isn't supposed to be possible yet... I can see why it's cropped, it's probably due to BNK file limits; but still, how did they do that? And if they get a lower-poly model, will it work fully? =P~ If there are ever fully functional, downloadable TDU cars (complete with full interior including opening doors and windows, gauges, and moving steering wheels) then TDU would be... complete. :D

Heck, the NFS community figured out how to import into MW, why not figure out how to mod TDU?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I run the game on a x1600, just like prince, no problem there.

LE: racer, yo tried any of the sound mods yet?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

baumaxx1 wrote:
Olease don't tell me you run it on less than a 7600GT >_<
:lol: Yes, my graphics card is a 7600GS but overclocked.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

RedCarDriver wrote:Sweet license plate. Also, you know how you said on the TDU: Central forums (as Tool831) that you can record ProStreet sounds? Although I think you meant that you just have access to the game and can record audio output from it, does that actually also mean that you can make usable loops out of it? If you can, I'd like some Porsche sounds as well as maybe the Murcielago LP640 and a few others. Yes, I can get them off of ProStreet too, but I can't get them to loop properly; if you can do that, I can help you make sound mods.
Well prostreet has some restrictions as in when i speed up environment sounds kick in like wind passing and interfere with the sound. So if you can find a level without all that then yes i could make usable loops possibly.
Danyutz wrote:LE: racer, yo tried any of the sound mods yet?
I haven't had the time really.. ive been too busy with mothers day coming up and still checking out TDU files etc, i will do it though on monday which is 1 day away technically.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

[quote="race_invader"]Well prostreet has some restrictions as in when i speed up environment sounds kick in like wind passing and interfere with the sound. So if you can find a level without all that then yes i could make usable loops possibly./quote]

Ah. If you CAN get loops from good recordings, I can simply record them off of ProStreet myself and you can make loops; I have the PC version (not sure which one you have) which means that I can remove all sounds except the engine noise itself by removing sound file folders temporarily. The part I have trouble with is getting usable loops - I can record them fine. In fact, I have a Porsche 911 Turbo sound recorded from MW that I've been attempting to use, along with a Lamborghini.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've got the Xbox 360 version only of pro street sadly.. I saw a guy on the TDU central forums say "You need low, medium & high for the sounds." So if i recorded low, medium, high then also idle then it should work really. :)
---

@RedCarDriver: where did you find that image? cause thats just... wow.. a bugetti in TDU :o :o
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I found the Bugatti pic on the TDU forums; I guess the only reason why only the front end shows up, is that the file is too big.

Also, I can attempt to record ProStreet sounds for you; please note that although you don't NEED low, medium, and high, it sounds cooler, just like if you have off sounds as well as on ones. If you can make seamless and usable loops off of sounds I record from ProStreet and MW, then I can record them and process them into finished sound mods.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

You could use the Prostreet GT-R sound, for the TDU one.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I'm working on exterior texturing atm, and what ive planned to do is make cars have defogger lines. Some cars in TDU already have it but are ither too pixelated or you can't notice them, im gonna research what cars have it, an what don't but i belive everycar should have them but ill still have a look. :)

Not the final look but its a WIP, ive seen also many defogger lines come in orange, white & i belive black but thing is the way the texture is black might not work. Also i might be adding the blue fade effect from the sun on front windows it will be very light blue or even dark i haven't tried it out yet also many cars don't have that anymore but ill still do it to see what it looks like etc. 8)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ race_invader: Looks great.

I'm sorry that this is a bit of a topic kick (it's exactly one month old today), but I do have some new mods.

http://www.geocities.com/hkvideogamer/r ... _noble.zip

This is a sound mod for the RUF RT12. The source is MW (finally figured out how to rip from MW) and it sounds awesome (in my opinion). Also included is a less-great Noble sound (which works for all Nobles). The sound is from a video and, sadly, it sounds far better in the video than it does in-game as I couldn't get a loop that did it justice AND looped properly. The idle sound is nice though.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Where have you guys been learning to do this stuff, since I'm guessing you're learning from a TDU fansite? :lol:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've known how to do textures etc since NFSU, all i needed is the tool to get TDU textures so i didn't learn from a fan site. :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Yeah... to be honest, I basically DL'ed the tools and taught myself with trial and error.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Lol, yeah I've done that with quite a few things... :P

Anyway, got some new photos... :lol:

(Don't like it that much...) :?

(F1 FUN!!!)

(That picture is absolutely amazing to me...) :lol:

(Ran out of garage space... lol)

Return to “The Games”