NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Re: NFS Pro Street: Official Discussion Thread

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Well EA I hope your Proud of yourselves! Yet again NFS is the only racer on the market with out a replay option! Such good graphics and gameplay and no replay!? thats just wrong :(
BTW: Dont let us Loyal PC gamers down with the LAN patch.
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="gagtooth"]What's the drifting like SLJ because it looks pants in the videos ?[/quote]

the drifting is so hard that when u hv a turn ahead that u want to brake it is too late because when u see a turn ahead u quickly tap the brake u may either hv crash to the wall or lose control of the car.it is completely different physics from other games like carbon and underground series
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="Trapez"]SLJ --> so all parts/vinyls are unlocked from the start? Are all cars also unlocked?
P.S. Lucky you, I still have to wait 1 week :([/quote]

yes all parts are unlocked but the matter is that u do not hv enough cash to buy those parts
as for the cars they are not unlocked but some of them are u nid to race thorught the game to unlock those cars

and i just check the cars there are no porsche carrera gt
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="Fishwhiz"]@ race invader- that is the nfs carbon legal notice. they haven't put out a prostreet one yet.

also, the prima guide only had 60 cars in it. ive heard several times that there are over 70! and mostly from ea torque at the ea forums. also theres several cars that are exclusive to the pc, 360, and ps3 versions such as the '67 corvette, the gt2, the solstice, the nsx, the tt 3.2, and z4 m coupe to name a few.[/quote]

in prostreet there are only 55 cars only in the car lot, u can see all the cars but they are locked
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

and there are different type of races which exclude from wat we know like grip race,drag etc there are other types of races
example:grip class-race against other vehicles in the same performance class of your ride.

time attack-obtain the single best lap time out of all your competitors and you're the winner. it doesn't matter in what order you cross the finish line, only that you get the best lap.

sector shootout-the track is split into four sectors. get points for driving as fast as you can through each sector. get the highest score in a sector and get bonus points for 'owning' that sector

wheelie competition-a drag race where the highest performance cars compete for the best wheelie distance in three rounds how long can you hold your nose in the air? (this is very hard)

speed challenge-a straight speed race from point A to point B. get to the finish line first

taken from the menu book from the game box
Kurtissens
Stock
Stock

Post by Kurtissens »

In Carbon, the drifting races did the countersteering automatically. Does anyone know if this has changed for Pro Street? I hate the automatic countersteer
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

@SLJ: Congratz for your quadruple post! :D

@Kurtissens: In Pro Street you have to countersteer yourself, no auto counter.

New video off Game Trailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27822.html
gagtooth
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gagtooth »

SLJ wrote:
gagtooth wrote:What's the drifting like SLJ because it looks pants in the videos ?
the drifting is so hard that when u hv a turn ahead that u want to brake it is too late because when u see a turn ahead u quickly tap the brake u may either hv crash to the wall or lose control of the car.it is completely different physics from other games like carbon and underground series
lol sounds like good drifting to me :) and also no auto counterlock :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Whats with all the bad reviews?! Maybe all the reviewers wanted some cheesy storyline and some fake-ass drama scenes. :|

btw only 55 cars?! Damn what happened to all the ' 70+ thing ' ?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I did a sys req analysis to see how it will run... and it says my pc will be slowish, even though I exceed every recomended requirement apart from OS... I'm guessing it will be DX10 then... and I'll run it on high and it'll look pretty much like carbon, where I was hoping they'd improve the engine.
I woder if there's any noticable difference with DX10 on yet...
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

hey managed to complete battle machine and unlocked react team session. as for the drifting, i suggest that u put your assist to casual because i set to king, my drift score was like 100+? because of the braking it was hard to control and when i set to casual my drift points was like about 2000+(depend on hw much u slide and the bonus points) and i used a nissan slivia to dirft fyi. and i hv some screens to share
Attachments
u can unlock the both m3's by unlocking react team session. i checked that u can't tune the body kit that was the 1 from most wanted because they do not hv that kit
u can unlock the both m3's by unlocking react team session. i checked that u can't tune the body kit that was the 1 from most wanted because they do not hv that kit
(part 3)
(part 3)
(part 2)
(part 2)
a nissan silvia drift car that i created (part 1)
a nissan silvia drift car that i created (part 1)
max grip in drag racing
max grip in drag racing
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="amritchail"]look what i got! :o I queued an hour at the ea booth for it...
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/ ... CT5369.jpg[/img][/quote]

an hour??? i took only half an hour
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Hey SLJ, in the past games like Most Wanted and Carbon, that system requirement tool was located in the installation folder or on the game disc in a folder called "Support". The tool was called EasyInfo. If that file still exists in ProStreet, could you please upload it here so that everyone could properly check whether their PC's are able to play PS. I'm sure everyone will be grateful. Cheers :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="powerof1000"]Hey SLJ, in the past games like Most Wanted and Carbon, that system requirement tool was located in the installation folder or on the game disc in a folder called "Support". The tool was called EasyInfo. If that file still exists in ProStreet, could you please upload it here so that everyone could properly check whether their PC's are able to play PS. I'm sure everyone will be grateful. Cheers :D[/quote]

nope there isn't but i found a readme notepad that shows the minimum requirement it shows this:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===========================
Windows XP and VISTA with latest service pack installed
Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 2.8GHz or higher (3.0GHz if running Windows Vista)
128Mb DirectX compliant video card with Pixel shader 2.0 or above (AGP and PCIe only) using a
supported chipset (see below)
512MB RAM (1GB if running Windows Vista)
DirectX compatible sound card
7.6 GB of HD space required to install game
8X or faster DVD Drive
DirectX 9.0c June 2007 edition (included)

To play online a network card is required for broadband connectivity

VIDEO CARD SUPPORT
==================

Need for Speed ProStreet only officially supports Direct3D for certain 3D accelerator
devices. While other devices running Direct3D may function in Need for Speed ProStreet,
their behavior cannot be predicted and may lead to an unstable PC Environment.

The following major Direct3D chipsets are supported:

ATI
Radeon 9500 series
Radeon 9600 series
Radeon 9700 series
Radeon 9800 series
Radeon X550 series
Radeon X600 series
Radeon X700 series
Radeon X800 series
Radeon X850 series
Radeon X1300 series
Radeon X1600 series
Radeon X1800 series
Radeon X1900 series
Radeon HD 2400 series
Radeon HD 2600 series
Radeon HD 2900 series

NVIDIA
GeForce 6200 series
GeForce 6600 series
GeForce 6800 series
GeForce 7300 series
GeForce 7600 series
GeForce 7800 series
GeForce 7900 series
GeForce 8500 series
GeForce 8600 series
GeForce 8800 series
GeForce FX 5950 series

***NOTE: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but are not officially supported.
NVIDIA GeForce MX series not supported.
Trapez
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Trapez »

These reviews are really stupid. THIS IS A GOD DAMN RACING GAME not some RPG! WTF? Are they obsesed about story line? Where the hell is storyline in Forza motorsports or GT?? They are complaining that racing game is about racing! How f*cken stupid is that??
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

why do you care what they say? play the game if you like it, their opinion doesn't matter :)
Trapez
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Trapez »

danyutz wrote:why do you care what they say? play the game if you like it, their opinion doesn't matter :)

Oh but their opinion DOES matter. If their notes are low less ppl will buy this game and this means that next NFS will be arcade toy cars for 8 yo kids. Maybe they'll add guns on cars.
And to think it was such a good chance to put NFS on more sim based track :(
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

t3ice wrote:Whats with all the bad reviews?! Maybe all the reviewers wanted some cheesy storyline and some fake-bumbum drama scenes. :|

btw only 55 cars?! Damn what happened to all the ' 70+ thing ' ?
thats what i'd like to know DLC? i hope! and for free too!

and the prima guide has 60 cars.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Well someone who has brought the game should check the car liencing, there might be cars listed in the credits.. 8)

Here is a question for players... What is the stock bodykit autosculpt like? :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

ahmad0410 wrote:New video off Game Trailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27822.html
rofl!... that was so fake its just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="race_invader"]Well someone who has brought the game should check the car liencing, there might be cars listed in the credits.. 8)

Here is a question for players... What is the stock bodykit autosculpt like? :)[/quote]

didn't really try the stock bodykits because when u scuplt it some of the cars doesn't look nice so prefer to stick to aftermarket parts or even wide body kits
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hmm.. Thanks for that SLZ, btw would rating would you give the car sounds? 10/10?
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

[quote="race_invader"]Hmm.. Thanks for that SLZ, btw would rating would you give the car sounds? 10/10?[/quote]

hmm the car sounds seems to be different from carbon where different types of car like nissan 240sx and nissan 350z both hv different sound when they are tuned to max but in carbon was that when u tuned to max the sound is the same so i think i give it 10/10
GearShifter
Stock
Stock

Post by GearShifter »

does anyone have it for 360? :?:
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Let see some carpics now dudes.