Just want to talk? Come here.

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Just want to talk? Come here.

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I say if you want (and have the money) you should =P I wanna get these chucks with a batman design but they don't come in my size :?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

As funky as they may look, it has a real purpose, too. I will be getting my learners license soon, and my current driving shoes (black Ferraris) aren't up to par because of their long history (over 1.5 years old). This means that I need to have a pair that can perform nicely when I'm driving.

Edit: @ S2K: What do they look like?
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

You have these ones ,right?
I like the black version.I could wear these at school.I have a dark blue uniform.
Those Firefly that I have right now,are kinda dirty.The misery doesn't come up,don't know why.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Screw you guys, I'm going... TO SZIGET!
My plane leaves in a few hours.
Bye bye!

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english
lol wut
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Porsche-AG wrote:As funky as they may look, it has a real purpose, too. I will be getting my learners license soon, and my current driving shoes (black Ferraris) aren't up to par because of their long history (over 1.5 years old). This means that I need to have a pair that can perform nicely when I'm driving.
I find that worn shoes are better for driving, because they fit snugly to your feet and have thin/worn soles. My favourite driving shoes are my 3 year old Lynx trainers.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

taz947 wrote:You have these ones ,right?
http://www.warm-upf1.com/catalog/images ... nblack.jpg
I like the black version.I could wear these at school.I have a dark blue uniform.
Those Firefly that I have right now,are kinda dirty.The misery doesn't come up,don't know why.
No, those are Fluxion GTs. I have a pair.
Pabl0z wrote:Screw you guys, I'm going... TO SZIGET!
My plane leaves in a few hours.
Bye bye!

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english
Err, have fun?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yay! for americans.. :)

---------------------------------------------------
August 6, 2007 - Microsoft has just given word that it has officially dropped the price of the Xbox 360 by $50 U.S. dollars to coincide with the release of Madden NFL 08. Beginning August 8, the "Premium" system will retail for $349.99 (down from $399.99) and will still come complete with a headset, controller and 20GB hard drive. The Xbox 360 core system, which is the system only, has dropped $20 itself -- down to $279.99 from $299.99.

In "special package land," gamers with extra money to spend can pick up the Elite version of the Xbox 360 for $449.99 (down thirty bucks from its original $479.99 pricing). The Halo 3 Xbox 360 will ship in September for $399.99.

"The fact that we have been able to keep our launch price longer than any other console while retaining our leadership position demonstrates that consumers believe in the value of Xbox 360," said Mitch Koch, corporate vice president, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. "On the eve of the best holiday games lineup ever and the launch of Madden NFL 08, there has never been a better time to jump into Xbox 360."

Expect more should it develop.
----------------------------------------------------
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ taz: No, I have Future Cat GTs:

@ Pabl0z: Have fun!

@ bogan: Puma driving shoes have soles that are very flat/thin already and since I already have my size, the extremely snug fit I have works well.

@ race_invader: Microsoft will still never be able to beat Nintendo's prices.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

They are either white or black with kinda like a city and batman on it, i'll have to post a pic when I get home cause i'm at work now
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

race_invader wrote:Yay! for americans.. :)

---------------------------------------------------
August 6, 2007 - Microsoft has just given word that it has officially dropped the price of the Xbox 360 by $50 U.S. dollars to coincide with the release of Madden NFL 08. Beginning August 8, the "Premium" system will retail for $349.99 (down from $399.99) and will still come complete with a headset, controller and 20GB hard drive. The Xbox 360 core system, which is the system only, has dropped $20 itself -- down to $279.99 from $299.99.

In "special package land," gamers with extra money to spend can pick up the Elite version of the Xbox 360 for $449.99 (down thirty bucks from its original $479.99 pricing). The Halo 3 Xbox 360 will ship in September for $399.99.

"The fact that we have been able to keep our launch price longer than any other console while retaining our leadership position demonstrates that consumers believe in the value of Xbox 360," said Mitch Koch, corporate vice president, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. "On the eve of the best holiday games lineup ever and the launch of Madden NFL 08, there has never been a better time to jump into Xbox 360."

Expect more should it develop.
----------------------------------------------------

This price-cut is only for Americans??Argh :x

@Porsche-AG: I like those ,too.If they are black,they match with the uniform and I can wear them at school. :)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Any users who want the Vista eye candy without absorbing your system resources? I have the key for you.

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.130.htm

I'm currently running an XP SP2 system and I got the looks and feel of Vista with no slowdowns whatsoever. And I only have an nVidia 6600 and 1GB of memory so that's pretty cool if you get all sorts of effects and transparency without loss of system power.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

http://sneakerhead.com

Thought I'd throw that in there.

Just about any brand you can want
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Quite a few shoes. And a lot really overpriced.

I'd prefer just taking a drive to Sports Authority and buy a pair of World Industries sk8r shoes for $30.

My last pair from them has lasted almost 2 years and still in good condition.

EDIT: an even 4700 posts
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ evilmegamonkey: Wow, you must not want many brands. There's like 5 brands they have there with all the ugly models. The ultimate store is still eBay, which is also where you will get amazing prices.

@ Jopuma: Congrats. It's quite easy to keep a shoe for 2 years as long as you care about them enough to not get them ruined unneccesarily.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Jopuma wrote:Any users who want the Vista eye candy without absorbing your system resources? I have the key for you.

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.130.htm

I'm currently running an XP SP2 system and I got the looks and feel of Vista with no slowdowns whatsoever. And I only have an nVidia 6600 and 1GB of memory so that's pretty cool if you get all sorts of effects and transparency without loss of system power.
Wicked! thanks ive been looking for something like this what is decent...

Edit: Installed it & my mum just had a look and thinks it's sweet so my chances of getting vista is really high.. 8)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

race_invader wrote:Wicked! thanks ive been looking for something like this what is decent...

Edit: Installed it & my mum just had a look and thinks it's sweet so my chances of getting vista is really high.. 8)
Don't get Vista. If you do you'll have to dish out a lot of money to get a new computer to run it unless yours isn't already upgraded. Vista isn't for gamers. The performce is half that of XP and XP Pro.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Porsche-AG wrote:@ evilmegamonkey: Wow, you must not want many brands. There's like 5 brands they have there with all the ugly models. The ultimate store is still eBay, which is also where you will get amazing prices.
I'd rather have new shoes, and rare shoes, than used, get-them-anywhere shoes with the chance of them being fake and/or not even showing up
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Dude you waste your money. :roll:

Just buy shoes at a shoe store instead of paying $100+ for shoes that you can get anywhere else for only $30-$50.
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I like Vista...yes it required me to upgrade my PC but it was an upgrade i needed and all those people who say its buggy i haven't had one problem with it. Sure you need RAM (i have 2gb) but if you plan to play the most recent games and upcoming games 2gb is probably the minium you need. The only thing that i find annyoing is the pop up thingo that asks for permission otherwise its sweet.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ Jopuma: I'm assuming the "you waste your money" comment is directed at me. That is partly true, but I have rethought things over and I'm not going to order the shoe off of eBay until I start driving often enough because my old ones are still quite good. Instead, I just ordered a real Giorgio Armani belt from a trusted eBay PowerSeller for $50 to replace my fake Gucci one.

@ Glopaticki: I hope you didn't pay too much for the Vista software... it's not a cheap thing to buy unless it comes with a new PC. And you've just gotten started, I've already had a couple of annoying problems with Vista and I've only used it a few times since I got a new laptop. One of the more annoying ones includes Windows Media Player freezing (It never happens on XP even though I have the new version) in the middle of a song and saying it cannot locate it, causing me to go hunting for the song again to replay it.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Jopuma wrote: Don't get Vista. If you do you'll have to dish out a lot of money to get a new computer to run it unless yours isn't already upgraded. Vista isn't for gamers. The performance is half that of XP and XP Pro.
Well thats true but i also don't play many games, ive only got The sims2 & expansions, Armed assault, NFSMW, NFSU, NFSU2 and only one of them is installed so really its not that much of a deal anyway, im going to upgrade later on when there is some fixes etc, so then i don't get many errors or something. :)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I don't like my Vista anymore... but it's still alot better than XP. I use 1.25GB ram and it works fine... so all that 2Gb min is bull. It works fine with anything 1GB and over. It works great at first, but after awhile those bugs surface.

@ Porsche: Vista is very cheap, you can get Vista ultimate for the price of XP Pro... I only paid $120 for Vista Home Premium.

OEM FTW!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Vista hasn't been giving me any problems on my laptop lately, maybe because I only use it for educational purposes. Hee! I'm using the Home Premium. But I did get the "blue screen of death" before after setting up the MSN Shared Folder. Ever since I uninstalled it it never shows the blue screen anymore. :)

Does this happen to any of you guys before?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I've only had two blue screens ever with Vista, and that was because of a failing hard drive.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I got two blue screens with my first laptop, but that was due to faulty hardware, which was replaced, and I haven't gotten any blue screens since then.

Return to “General Discussion”