What's the best Car? :D

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

thnx, my first 20 races online were in w/ the Clio V6. Brutal car, 1 of my reallife favourites, but switching to the Elise was a world of difference. You know the Little Italy trk? In a twisty trk w/ lots of 90 degree turns like that, I thought I had an advantage in an agile car like the Elise. But the heavy M3 beats the shyt of the Elise there! Offline I did some testlaps on Little Italy to see what the Elise could do vs the Clio. Wow, 1'06" was fastest so far, like, 10 secs faster than the Clio orso, so I was pretty stoked! So I drove it a couple of weeks... But yesterday the M3, 1st time: 1'03". hmmm.... and I thought heavy cars were no good in the game. I need lots of practice of course, but imho the best online (w/o uniques) car by far. But then again, mayb I find a better 1 next week :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I reckon you're onto a winner actually, it's not gonna be the top prized car for no reason!
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

M3 here as well, although it's slides a lot, it remains on high speed and the tail almost never breaks out, which makes it so fast. Also, like bauke said, it's less sensitive for things like curbs.

Other cars I like are the Porsche Carrera GT and the Lotus Elise, but they rarely keep up with the M3 :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You guys haven't tried the SLR McLaren and the Cayman. They're fantastic cars, especially after a full upgrade. IMHO, these 2 cars are two of 3 best exotics, including the M3 GTR, in NFS Most Wanted.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Andre_online wrote: You guys haven't tried the SLR McLaren and the Cayman. They're fantastic cars, especially after a full upgrade.
hmmm, is that w/o uniques etc? I personally was kinda aiming at the best car w/o uniques (online)...
EuroRacer wrote: Also, like bauke said, it's less sensitive for things like curbs.
Also, to complete the list of disadvantages M3 vs Elise: the lightweight Elise gets tapped over very easily by other cars! Which is not really a rare occasion in an online race :s.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I agree. i havnt yet tried the cayman but the SLR is the ultimate car. it tales off perfect, not spinning the tires and it has the best handling in the game IMO.
I think the SLR is better than the M3.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Bauke777 wrote:
Andre_online wrote: You guys haven't tried the SLR McLaren and the Cayman. They're fantastic cars, especially after a full upgrade.
hmmm, is that w/o uniques etc? I personally was kinda aiming at the best car w/o uniques (online)...
Nope... No uniques, only full upgrades. I use 'em in Career. And if they can perform equally well in both Career and Quick Race, no doubt that they'll perform better online, especially with uniques. :)
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Andre_online wrote: no doubt that they'll perform better online, especially with uniques
erm, I thought uniques can't be applied for online races, or can they??? :?

Fadeproof also mentioned quite some advantages... u guys got me curious, I think I'll try this car also. Big advantage to the SLR vs M3 for sure is the visual styling :) u can only change vinyl and color on the M3 ;)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Bauke777 wrote:
Andre_online wrote: no doubt that they'll perform better online, especially with uniques
erm, I thought uniques can't be applied for online races, or can they??? :?
To be honest, I don't know, because the last time I played online was when I had the demo. But if they claim they can use uniques, then it's their claim, not mine. :P
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Andre_online wrote: To be honest, I don't know, because the last time I played online was when I had the demo. But if they claim they can use uniques, then it's their claim, not mine. :P
Erm, well history doesn't help either. Digging in my own memory NFSU1 online had uniques, NFSU2 had no uniques, so NFSMW has.... :?

Anyone?!?
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah....

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

TheStig wrote:BTW Flying Dragon a SL500 AMG does not exist

there are 2 SL's that have a AMG badge and those are:

SL55 and the SL65

The SL55 has 500 bhp (368 kW) and 700 Nm torque
The SL65 has 612 bhp (450 kW) and 999 Nm torque wich is ALOT!
The SL500 has 306 pk (225 kW) and 460 Nm torque
The SL600 has 500 pk (368 kW) and 800 Nm torque

The SL55 has a 5.5 ltr V8
The SL65 has a 6.5 ltr V12
The SL500 has a 5.0 ltr V8
The SL600 has a 6.0 ltr V12

The AMG version can all be recognized by the double number oposite to the triple number normal versions.

I still wonder why EA put in the normal versions and a AMG version as single race only... weird,
Why didn't they just put in the SL65 as career car (but then abit later in the career put a big price tag on it like the other mercs and tada. same goes for the CLK why not a CL65 or a CLK55

Btw even the high powered mercs are not great track racers cause of their weight and stuff:

here are some topgear track comparisons with mercs:

Volkswagen Golf R32 1.33.2
Mercedes SL 55 AMG 1.33.2

Mitsubishi Evo VIII 1.28.9
Porsche 911 Carrera S 1.28.9
Mercedes CL65 1.29

Well, the CLK500 has an AMG Performance Package that gives it an AMG badge and some aerodynamics parts, but I'm not sure if that's available on the SL or CL. As I said before, most mercs are boulevard crusiers. I mean, come on, if your'e rich enough to buy an SL65, you wouldnt be caught dead street racing in it (I mean, what would the Smiths think at the country club if you were caught in the act?). Also, only the C-Class has a manual transmission, meaning heavy automatic SL's arent racers.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

But Ingame the cars are not AMG exept for the SL65.

A performance package is ofcourse something diffirent then a AMG car.
the transmission in a SL55 and a SL500 differ alot the SL500 has the 7 speed tiptronic and the SL55 and also the SL65 have a 6 speed tiptronic even the SLR has a 5speed tiptronic.
The SLR does fall under the catagorie Fast cars :wink:

but in general the Mercs are not build for racing ofcourse.

but that doesn't mean cars like the SL or a CL do not belong in a racing game like NFS...
NFS was always about racing cars and doing things to them you would never do in real life :lol:
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

hey guys, tried the SLR yesterday but I must say that imho, it doesn't handle that good. It needs some lifting in some turns that were quite easy for the Elise or M3. But here comes the good part: it is POWERFUL. I think it's more powerful than the M3, top speed for instance is so easily reached. U don't even need a complete straight to reach it! Apparently, the SLR's top speed is 237 mph, cuz it stops there ;)

But b/c of the handling I'm sticking w/ the M3. That is: for now! Until the day I get smoked over and over by SLR's, then I know it's time to swap cars :)

As for the cars themselves: don't really like mercs, and don't really like beemers as well. But it is neccessary to drive 1 just to keep up in the game (against humans that do not have a default enabled catch-up option ;)). Cuz the AE86 wasn't my favourite NFSU2 car either, but that didn't mean we all drove 1...
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Hmm @ 237mph. I hit 236mph in my Clio V6 with no Uniques but all ultimate parts (using lots of NOS, of course) on a Tollbooth event at BlackList Nr 2. Back to EA's reality check again...
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Is the corvette strong against police pursuits?
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Why you guys are postin your scores in mph?
Convert it to km/h. Your score in mph x 1.6 = Km/h
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Some countries measure distance in miles, like the US. ;)
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yes I know that but europe system is km/h.
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

SliM_880 wrote:Is the corvette strong against police pursuits?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If you think heat 4 was a toughie, wait till you experience heat 5 - Corvette C6'ers. They also deploy more road blocks and spikes compared to heat 4 GTO cops.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i find the sl500 to be a very good car. it handles well and i made it go 245 mph w/ junkman parts! :shock: and a carrera gt only goes 241 with junkman parts!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

So corvette C6 is a relatively powerful car against pursuits, right?

Cuz i got the elise, but then found out that the it was very weak against roadblocks and bad for pursuits... So is the C6 also weak, or doesnt have that much weight to take on some police crashes?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I got Kaze's Mustang, and I've been doing well in it. That's the only car in my Garage that's under heat 5, because all evasions are all courtesy of that Mustang. The only thing I lack, is vigilance, because I keep running over the spikes.

But overall, that Mustang is my choice for pursuit. :)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

SOOO, is C6 good for pursuit? I found the Mercedes SL excellent...

BUT is C6 good for pursuit? (Sorry for asking many times but im really stressed about buying the C6 or not)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Slim, just because you saw the the cops using the C6's, they handle nothing like the real C6 in the Showroom, trust me. Heck, even the Civic Cruisers can still be on your tail at over 180 down the highway.

My advice is: Don't be too gullible... :P

No offence. :)

Return to “Most Wanted”