A Revolution of Speed is coming

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

-there will be medals for damaging car in specified places
ok seriously... wtf? why would you purposely damage you car.. :?
-the game will be much more real.
having a hard time believing that.. but ok

still having some serious doubts about that info, but its getting more interesting
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

NFS All Star? lol... even Pro Street sounds better :?
its a wiki article though, normal people wrote it... nothing official or whatever
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

looks nice, just a bit wary of the hype coz carbon had alot of it and it turned out kinda mediocre... also who actually ended up winning that "fhm search for next nfs model" or wtva? never really paid much attention to it but just wonder is that chic in the magazine foto the winner?
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

after seeing the scanned pics i believe that the next title and the teaser is of nfs prostreet. but i duobt on the system reqs. i mean only 1.6 ghx processor and 256 mb ram? whats the holdup?
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

Ahhh"THE NEXT NFS" mania has begun once again!!lolThis sounds real nice though! Wonder if we will have a dyno and 600+hp cars that would be awesome.
Last edited by Python_S on 25 May 2007, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

not sure whether or not i like the closed track idea.... but the graphics, whether or not thats how they turn out in the final game, it looks awesome. and can anyone possibly translate the article or is there an english version somewhere?
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I don't really trust those Wikipedia informations.

YaelDjiel wrote:
-there will be medals for damaging car in specified places
ok seriously... wtf? why would you purposely damage you car.. :?
having a hard time believing that.. but ok

still having some serious doubts about that info, but its getting more interesting

I like the medals idea, it's cool to trash cars 8)

Obviously it would be a special "destruction derby" mode, there won't be medals for damaging at regular races I presume...

About the realism we will just have to wait and see... as always :P
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yabol wrote: -you can turn off abs etc.
Alright. Maybe when i read that again they are trying to make it real coz you can turn off ABS brakes... :? thats never been in NFS :roll: Pretty silly though so im gonna just wait till the official Announcement :)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Hey Yabol what about those wind tunnel pics, and the security test for the BMW Z4... will be there car tuning and fine adjustments?

what does it say? thanks in advance :D
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yabol, if there is anything NFS related on the main cover of the magazine, can you scan it please ?

Thanks.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I still really doubt that info is 100% genuine, why?

Simple, why in earth would EA give a magazine the first info and alot of it I might add, before they even release name of the game themselfs
If this where true they gave to much info to start with.

If you compare the info with Carbon, the only thing EA told us from the teaser is that the game is called Carbon and that it was at noght. the first info they game after that was where it was and some small details about the cars, like:
IT will be in 1 city with 4 areas in Carbon canyon and will have muscle tuner and exotic cars.
And EA give the first real info themselfs, and not gave it to a random magazine.

It could be that EA gave several (online) magazines a bunch of new info and they where to only ones to post it before the official date, if that's so I don't think EA will be happy with them.

Why would EA give a specific date to give more info if there is already more info availeble, that would not be logical, and not strategic.

And imo the RS4 picture does not look like a NFS game, it looks more of a Forza picture in terms of gfx style.
You can always regocnize a NFS game,
When I saw the RX7 I knew it was from a NFS game, if you play NFS game for several years you can see that. the Audi has a diffirent gfx style.

But he believe all you want :wink: I don't blame you but don't start whining when the final game doesn't even come close :wink:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Actually, before Carbon came out, there was a leaked magazine which showed several game screens, and then the game was announced later on.

This could be true as well, lets just wait and see.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

but wasn't that after the E3 teaser (wich said it was named Carbon)
I remember that everybody was wondering why the game was called carbon cause there was nothing else then a dark teaser with headlights and engine revs and at the end NFS CARBON (together with several other EA teasers)

For Carbon EA did not have a first info release date, that's the biggest diffirence.

I'll just wait and see, but still I highly doubt the screen from the Audi is from a NFS game. it does not look the same as the RX7
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Well, 5 days to go. :wink:
Yabol
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Yabol »

SP4RCO wrote:Hey Yabol what about those wind tunnel pics, and the security test for the BMW Z4... will be there car tuning and fine adjustments?

what does it say? thanks in advance :D
Yes, there will be aerodynamic tunnel to check your car. I don't know more.

Btw., Skyline_man - there is only one liitle pic with rx7 and girl on magazine's cover.

Stig - Play's poeple were on Nfs presentation for more journalists, not only Polish ones.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yabol wrote:Btw., Skyline_man - there is only one liitle pic with rx7 and girl on magazine's cover.
Isnt there anything like "Exclusive first look at the game" or something ?
Yabol
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Yabol »

They wrote "We played it" and "Need for Speed Pro Street - raised on the street"
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

TheStig wrote:I still really doubt that info is 100% genuine, why?

Simple, why in earth would EA give a magazine the first info and alot of it I might add, before they even release name of the game themselfs
Image ;)

just a theory hehe. And obviuosly I don't think the game will look close to those RS4 pics, the driver shot is purely artistic, not ingame! but who knows... the RX7 on the teaser seems to be authentic ingame, but we will need high-end hardware to play at that level of details.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

we will need high-end hardware to play at that level of details.
And thats why i love having a PS3 and Xbox 360.... :lol:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yabol wrote: Stig - Play's poeple were on Nfs presentation for more journalists, not only Polish ones.
Weird then why are they the only ones that show any info? maybe it's already the 31st of May in Poland? diffirent datelines?

But hé I'll see what EA has got to say the 31st, actually it will be the 8th of June for me cause I will be in Egypt the 31st :P
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheStig wrote:cause I will be in Egypt the 31st :P
You will ?

Pay me a visit, hehe. :P
Too bad i am gonna have final exams starting from June 3rd. :(
Yabol
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Yabol »

TheStig wrote:
Yabol wrote: Stig - Play's poeple were on Nfs presentation for more journalists, not only Polish ones.
Weird then why are they the only ones that show any info? maybe it's already the 31st of May in Poland? diffirent datelines?

But hé I'll see what EA has got to say the 31st, actually it will be the 8th of June for me cause I will be in Egypt the 31st :P
Or maybe release date of this magazine was just after getting this info? O_o
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

looks awesome hopefully it would come out for ps2 because i dont want a ps3 now for that game.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Blazing Gallardo wrote:looks awesome hopefully it would come out for ps2 because i dont want a ps3 now for that game.
xD
impossible friend..I doubt it TOO much...PS2 has been pwned by PS3 now...and they told us: "We are going to focus on the next-gen consoles" meaning PS3 and Xbox360... xD

Return to “News”