Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

guys question:
im ended as a tuner and i havent see the helicopter even at lvl 5 pursuit. then i used a trainer to get lvl 7 and still no chopper. well, last week started as a muscle, but still no chopper. The chopper is on exotics only? bc a friend was playing as an exotic and he found the chopper....

then i was wtf....
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

NFSC... A mountain of potential but a mole hill of reality
This game was going to be the best from what the pictures and videos and interviews claimed. It would be in my opinion the lovechild of Underground 2 and Most Wanted with a little Hot Pursuit thrown in. EA delivered in a lot of areas but failed in others. Canyon racing was a really nice feature added to the series. No issues here with that other then the fact that I would've like the roads connected to the actual city in some way. The drift change was done well even though I was quite bad at it. It seemed a little more accurate to the real life sport. Teammates worked out well and I used them quite often. Giving them special bonuses when using them was smart so that way you gave legitimate reason to switch up every now and then. I would've also liked to see a highway system that surrounded the city like MW instead of the central one we see in Carbon. Customization of the cars was realy done well IMO, more paint jobs, autosculpt and a ton of vinyls that could actually be layered again is what they did right. They missed out on the headlights and tail lights which would've been nice also. I had issue with the display features of the game. If I need to see infractions or any other police matter for any reason ingame then display them to me while I play. Also display how much fine I've collected instead of me having to guess. Plus it would've been nice to actually have a listing for defensive races in the statistics as well. Things like this I feel are VERY important to game play.Plus the ability to switch from camera views would've been nice without having to pause the game. I know the version I played had a free button to choose that option (GCN). Car selection was done well but for me I still miss the Ferrari. I know there were tuner and muscle cars others missed but I guess we all should be happy with the selection we got. Which brings me to the CE and downloader versions of the game. Why bother with these? It seems that most aren't going to pay for the CE when they can get the cars other ways anyway. It's truly frustrating to see all the different ways you need to get these cars when the reality is they're actually all already there but just hidden away. How about actually giving the fans what they want and do away with the multiple editions and have one format for all consoles and pc? The storyline started out well. Having you being chased by Cross was a nice touch and really connected it to MW. But as you progress to the end it all means nothing. What happens with Cross? Why did everyone just leave? Who was the cop that let you go in the start of the game? And I was hoping to see that guy Rog from MW in this game as well. Who was he and why was he helping you? It was also odd that you could skip upgrades and head to better ones if you had the cash. But in the end those parts ARE more expensive so it still made sense in a way. Unlocking it doesn't mean buying it. Then there's the bugs in the game. A lot of pc owners reported crashes. It seems to me that it's easier for EA to release the game on time and then fix it later. Game patches are becoming far too common. Of course we all except it because we want the game and EA knows it. And for offline players they are always stuck with the product "as is" I'm starting to think that a year isn't enough time to build a great game. But they keep pushing them out anyway. I also wasn't a fan of the tier system. I know that a lot of the cars in Carbon didn't stand a chance against high end cars but honestly who really cares? Who plays these games for the reality? It's not a sim game thats for sure. I would be happy to see them going back to allowing all makes of cars to be upgraded to match each other no matter how unreal it is. It's no worse then escaping from hundreds of cops with roadblocks and spikestrips or the fact that you race hundreds of times through a city without getting killed. Taking away the tier system allows for a multitiude of cars to be used through the game. But that's just one persons opinion.
Last edited by jayson74 on 26 Nov 2006, 06:34, edited 6 times in total.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Rog was from Mw.....and 89475982589375 agree with u jayson74.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

xturbo wrote:guys question:
im ended as a tuner and i havent see the helicopter even at lvl 5 pursuit. then i used a trainer to get lvl 7 and still no chopper. well, last week started as a muscle, but still no chopper. The chopper is on exotics only? bc a friend was playing as an exotic and he found the chopper....

then i was wtf....
I've never seen it, even at heat 8.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Skyline_man wrote:
xturbo wrote:guys question:

then i was wtf....
I've never seen it, even at heat 8.
using trainer?? bc my trainer only allows to lvl 7 and it doesnt continue growing, and without it, just to lvl5
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There's a challenge at lvl 8

EA is Recycle King. They've recycled all of the cop speech from Most Wanted. Nothing new, except maybe "Suspect is driving a sports car" for all the new exotics. The chopper is mentioned many times in cop speech, but it never shows up. And even if it did, how is it going to find a suspect in the middle of all those dazzling lights, and tall shiny buildings?
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Well because EA's 1.3 patch didn't work for me and now I can't anymore play NFSC online and BMW isn't still fully tunable I have only one opinion:

I HATE THIS GAME AND EA!

And yes, I do have legal NFSC.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

xturbo wrote:im dissapointed with this game!!!!
ARGHHH!!!

HE deserves to die???????????????
(attachment)
i see that none is trying to kill this monkey......
shoot at him!! :evil: :evil:
Attachments
SHOOT AT HIM!!!
SHOOT AT HIM!!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

NO! Don't insult Darius the monkey by calling LaPierre one too! :lol:
killer30
Ricer
Ricer

ok

Post by killer30 »

should i get this, or most wanted?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If you like daytime racing, exotics, and an extraordinarily long gameplay, buy Most Wanted.

If you like nighttime racing, customization, and a fairly short gameplay, buy NFS Carbon.

And please refrain from posting in large letters. It's the equivalent of shouting.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

prince1142003 wrote:NO! Don't insult Darius the monkey by calling LaPierre one too! :lol:
man is time that lappierre quit ea, he's simply messing all, don't u see?? bananas everywhere!!!!! :P
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Re: ok

Post by DarrenR21373 »

killer30 wrote:should i get this, or most wanted?
My vote goes to Most Wanted - Carbon is so bug-laden, it's not funny!

I can see me playing MW again - but apart from customizing, I can't see me playing with Carbon any more.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

jayson74 ever heard of the ENTER key?? cause it would make reading your story alot easier.
prince1142003 wrote:There's a challenge at lvl 8

EA is Recycle King. They've recycled all of the cop speech from Most Wanted. Nothing new, except maybe "Suspect is driving a sports car" for all the new exotics. The chopper is mentioned many times in cop speech, but it never shows up. And even if it did, how is it going to find a suspect in the middle of all those dazzling lights, and tall shiny buildings?
The suspect is driving a sportscar is also from MW, if you drive a Chevrolet Cobalt, Fiat Punto or a Vauxhall Monaro you got the sportscar version, or in most cases they did not get the discription etc...

But in Carbon they got even more lazy and hardly added a extra name to the list. I haven't tried the Chargers or challengers so I don't know about them. but I do know that the alfa is a sportscar according to the PPD
They did add Nissan (with the classical american way to say it... Niiiiisan) but there is a glitch with the skyline, they don't name anything but the cop understands and goes on a search.

Ooh some more police talk stuff:
They do now have a other new line, I once drove a blue car and it said a blue possibly black (carname)
And ever noticed that heat 7 and 8 are also named heat level 5.
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

you mean if u r on 7, they say that its only 5?

i think ive heard of that before, forget the exact line they say tho.
lytning
Ricer
Ricer

new guy

Post by lytning »

just got my copy of carbon 4 days ago. seemed better than the other nfs games... until i got down 2 the soundtrack listing. i remember the gay ass pursuit music from most wanted, and turned it off after my 1st chase. looked into the settings on carbon and i don't see anything 2 turn it off, or any of the other composed tracks. not like they gave me much choice with music in this game tho. anyone know how 2 fix that?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

turn ingame music all the way down ?
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

Yea, i wish they supported Custom Soundtracks.. LIke Xbox games...
Firestran
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Firestran »

I think Carbon could have been much better but it failed in many respects.

1) You get the best cars in the game at the end and then have very few races to use them in. :roll:

2) You unlock cars like the porshe carrera gt after beating the game and there is no LAN play, what is that. :?

3) The ending is so poor.

4) The races are to short at times.

5) Rivals take to long to appear and there not enough, like in U2.

6) Customizatoin isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Limitless possibilities yeah right.

7) The bk's are not enough, there just bks from most wanted taken fron U2. Make new bk's EA and more of them not just 4, thats not right. :x

8] The storyline was to basic

9) Last of all there were no special performance parts. Thats was just..............:roll:

EA needs to make a much better effort next time around.
Shalashaska
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Shalashaska »

are there realy no junkman parts?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

nope no junkman parts :( and if there were they would probably have to be bought from EA's little crap shack
Firestran
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Firestran »

There hasn't been a NFS game with no junk man parts since NFSHP2. They just seem to have just miss that one this time around :roll:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I've seen the phrase "Ultimate Parts" being bandied around elsewhere on the forum. Are these only available in the Downloader edition (I've certainly not been able to find them in CE)?

Sorry if this has been answered before - I might have missed it... :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That would be the 'Ultimate Performance Bundles' you can buy from the EA Online Store. AFAIK they don't contain any parts that aren't already in the game. The top level performance parts in game are the race packages.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well, I have just got my Carbon. So heres what i think in short:

Graphics - 9/10

Looks quite good, especially the cars. City havent changed much from NFSU2 but cars and other stuff is a good improvement. Not very resource hungry, I have ran game on pretty much full settings with a lil of AA and it was running smooth. Animations on cutscenes and other minor stuff also seem to improve.

Gameplay - 7.8/10

Even tho im just closing to first boss, I can already say that career mode is(like others said) too short. Police chases also seem strange to me, its all same but at night it seems different. Cant describe in detail yet, but hope theres potential for some highway mayhem. Cars handling and physics had some improvement, would like to note that Muscles are fun to drive. Crew system looks promising but again could do with more 'meat' in it.

Sound - 8.5/10

Engine sounds now do sound better same as other sounds like tires and other stuff. However some cars sound a little odd in my opinion. But well, the engine position and camera position dependant sound is pretty nice.

Value - 7.8/10

Well as of side notes I actually feel good about game overall. But even tho theres very nice autosculpt feature, we seem to now lack those 'Backroom' parts from MW that you could earn somehow. Drift is also a good addition, took me 3 tries to win as track is kinda slim, but after that its quite easy.

Return to “Carbon”