Forza 2, YAY

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Well regarding to GT, Forza plays on customization, and racing, mostly. GT is for racing, and going down the timeline of the history of automotive engineering, why else would they include the little carraige DaimlerChrysler made? It's not for racing, it's for the historical reasons.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

oh my god....pics are incredible. imagine the PC requirements for that.....it's amazing how technology has been advancing, i remember those Doom days....Oh my GOd.
Bulletboy
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bulletboy »

the game is not going to b for pc. its for xbox360
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Think logically..... have any of the gaming engines out yet came down to photo realistic graphics?
Not even Polyphony's engine is that good, heck not even in their Vision GT trailer were the graphics "that" good... I doubt even the Unreal 3 engine would be able to churn out something like this (and at the moment, that is the better engine known)
Unless they shoved in double the amount of polys (if not triple) than what the gran turismo series has, I highly regard this picture as bs.

-EDIT-
Oh, would you look at this http://forzamotorsport.net/052406-02.htm
Also, there isn't just 'one' racing F430GT, nobodies ever heard of the Risi Competizione?
Here's the car from last year (i think) that has just had some more decals added to it to what you see in the 'screenshot'
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Lmao at the link you posted. Knew it wasnt ingame..
korge
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

whew i'm glad that ubber realistic looking f430 isn't ingame cuz i was about to have a heart attack, lol
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Especially when you compare the F430 on the first page with the one above, it just isn't the same shiznit.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Bulletboy wrote:the game is not going to b for pc. its for xbox360
i knew it was for xbox360, i was imaginating the pc requirements IF a pc version were released.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I thought a little update wouldn't mind:

So what is confirmed (or seen) till now for Forza 2

AC Schnitzer
-ACS6

Acura
- Integra Type-R 1999

BMW
- M 635 CSi (E24) (race version)

Chevrolet
- Corvette Z06

Ferrari
- #62 Risi Ferrari F430GT
- 360 Modena F1
- Enzo Ferrari

Honda
- Civic Del Sol
- Civic Si
- Integra Type-R
- NSX-R

Lamborghini
- Gallardo

McLaren
- F1

Mercedes-Benz
- SLR McLaren

Mitsubishi
- Lancer Evolution VIII

Nissan
- 350Z
- Skyline GT-R R34

Pontiac
- GTO (current model (asume the 6.0 but can't see from pic)

Porsche
- no models known yet but they will be there

Shelby
- 427 SC

Toyota
Celica (version not known)

Volkswagen
Golf IV R32

It is just abit cause as most know there will be around 300 cars in the game (wich is 80 more then in Forza 1

I think most cars will make a comeback from FM1
hoping to see more cars revealed... waiting for more really new cars...
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

i really want to see a veyron, any lamboghini, and stock bmw's which they lacked in forza 1
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

I'd love to see some Le Mans class Porsches such as the Manthey and Alzen Bi-Turbo 8)

And an R33 would be nice this time :D Can't wait for my 360 and this game! :D
Darkness-creepshow
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Darkness-creepshow »

If you can blow pistons and other things, even things that are extremely small...ill get it..and having to clutch it and being able to blow your engine...and extremely an extremely in car view with detailed gages and other things..and your shifter...and the list goes on! and perhaps nitrous?
Darkness-creepshow
Ricer
Ricer

Game developers are able to do movie graphics and cinematic graphics showin in games..although they will lose too much profit because allot of people dont have high end computers...maybe an xbox 360...but not a high end pc...... $$$$ is in gaming companys. it will happen much much later in the years when they go for thoughs kind of graphics...when nows high end stuff isnt so high end..get what im saying?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

This game will be X360 only so they don't have to worry about PC specs :wink:
What I read is that the physics will be more detailed.

but how in earth are you using a clutch?? with what?? a 3rd pedal on your force feedback streering/pedal setup?? ?? the controler also only has 2 levers so you can only accelrate and brake with it. so a clutch would be impossible.

There might be a incar view, but then again the car list is WAY to large to get a incar for all cars.
They told they work together with the guys from Gothem cause PGR3 is the first racer for the X360 and so PGR3 is a basicly a test to see what they could do and Forza 2 will be alot more advanced.
Darkness-creepshow
Ricer
Ricer

They will just have to work much harder if they get in car views...thats the point of games is to work really hard on them....most racing games fail because of this...there cheap....there are few games that go into allot of detail...although there never street racing lol..
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

have you ANY Idea how many hours work it is to make a full 3D interior for 300!!! cars

I guess not cause building the models for 300 cars takes alot of time let alone the interior in detail. it takes up alot of time and ALOT of money!
a carlist of 300 cars with Ferrari's Lamborghini, Porsche and cars like that is anything BUT cheap!

And in a sim you don't need interior view cause in only distracts! you will loose alot of view on the road wich you need alot!
(please don't say that in real life you also are inside of a car, cause your POV is alot diffirent!)
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

i dunno project gotham had interior view (not full) but pretty damn close
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

PGR3 has a interior view, I don't know if it was fully 3D, if I remember right it is (you can look back and sideways so but can't remember at this moment the the interiour stays in view. I got PGR3 but never race with incar view. IMO block to much of the view outside.
but it looks really nice :wink:
Darkness-creepshow
Ricer
Ricer

GT legends has a very very well detailed in car view....but not really my kind of time period!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

TheStig wrote: but how in earth are you using a clutch?? with what?? a 3rd pedal on your force feedback streering/pedal setup?? ?? the controler also only has 2 levers so you can only accelrate and brake with it. so a clutch would be impossible.
They could move the brake function to the A or B button. And so making the left lever a clutch. Would be cool and extremely difficult.

In DTM Race Driver 2 you can race with the clucth on or off.
I've tried it a few times and it was very very difficult to do.

Here's a pic of an interior-view from PGR3. IMO a realistic interior is a must for every racing-sim. It only adds to the realism of a game.
Yeah, I know it's almost impossble to make interiors for 300 different cars, but it would be awesome. 8)

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

True, PGR3\s interior looks stunning, but I never use it, nice to watch once for each car, but for me it is way to big it covers half the screen, and I want to see as much of what is in front of me as I can, and as big as possible
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

That's why bumpercam pwns. :P
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

i use the interior view just so i might know what it feels like in the driver's seat of a ferrari
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

I love the interior view of PGR3 i always race with it, interior view is the one lacking thing in too many racing games, glad to see it looks soo good in PGR3
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

this game (forza 2) is going to be available for PC?? If so, what are the requirements???

Return to “The Games”