New Screenshots

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

I think i can help you guys understand the preview, cuz i'm a Chinese....just wait a few hrs..

ps. it's not Taiwanese, it's just Traditional Chinese, no big differences between the one in China~
Lord J
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lord J »

Skyline_man wrote: it's too much guesswork at this point, and not enough fact. c'mon EA, damn you!
with that I can picture the head man in charge of distributing the info lookin at that post laughing maniacly like "thats right little man...suffer becuz of the lack of information, suffer becuz its my job hahahahaaa" lol ahh geez....

as for all of that... sounds like a grand idea...but drafting never did work for me in the nfs games that supposedly had drafting...at least I couldnt tell whether it was working or not...so I dunno.... but the idea of having a team type of system... thats really cool... I gotta see how thats supposed to play out in like a video or demo or somethin...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Drafting did now work for you in a NFS game?? in U1 and 2 the drafting was so noticeble that you would go alot faster if you got behind a other car and the draft counter started climbing. you could gain alot of extra speed and gain on the car ahead of you really fast. and pass him without a problem (if the road let you ofcourse)
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

prince1142003 wrote:simple: they're asian =D
hey!! wats that spose to mean

yes i am asain aswell
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

crap!!!!!! i just finished translate it (i speak chinere)!!!! hit wrong button!!!! and it was all gone!!!!!!

so...... i will finish the job tomorrow... it was 3am here...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Johnny_Yuan wrote:ps. it's not Taiwanese, it's just Traditional Chinese, no big differences between the one in China~
Oh, Thanks for the tip. 8)

Translated article: <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... ols">Click here.</a>

Not perfect but it does the job.
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

I think the cars who will be able to go to grand canyon will the subaru and the mitsubishi because they are 4X4. :) We have to wait for now ...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Hmmm, why did you attach these useless logos :? ?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

what attachment.. what logo :lol:
Guess he thinks that is how Sigs are made :wink:
So I removed them.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TheStig wrote:Guess he thinks that is how Sigs are made :wink:
yeah, i thought so, good job on deleting those. :wink:
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

why did you delete those logos?

anyone teach me how to do sigs?

2 posts made into 1. 1 post removed
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I removed the pictures because they had nothing to do with the subject and are thus a waste of bandwith and serverspace, so it is not allowed to post random pictures when you like to. one of the rules we have is to post on topic, same goes for posting pictures.

As for multiple posting. Double or even more posts directly after each other is NOT allowed. and we will edit your posts to paste them together and remove the double posts. Or we simply remove the posts without editing the first one.
If you want to say something more edit your post and add the information you wanted.
To edit a post use the:Image key.

I advise to read the rules

here you can also find how to upload a signature.

nfsunlimited forum and showroom rules

click on text.
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

ok,ok sorry about that.
Thanks for the tip.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

That Dodge is certainly a highlight of the screenshots area. Hopefully you can get it. :shock:
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

Skyline_man wrote:
Johnny_Yuan wrote:ps. it's not Taiwanese, it's just Traditional Chinese, no big differences between the one in China~
Oh, Thanks for the tip. 8)

Translated article: <a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... ols">Click here.</a>

Not perfect but it does the job.
I'm gonna have a try anyway :roll:
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

man! that translation is terrible... if you guys still dont understand, i will translate it, just ask me :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

well, the pics revealed 2 more cars, Porsche Carrera GT, and Aston Martin DB9(if i`m not wrong) ... the 3rd pic, it`s ingame, the graphics are kinda like MW, so probably some more RAM will do the job :) ... i like that the Evo has 4 exhaust pipes, so that tuning tweak is also available on other cars, i hope so :D
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

some cars look the same as in MW :?
i was hoping for seperate kits

and im glad they removed Drag as it never was drag anyway with the exception of 14th and Vine in U1 :roll:

all i ask for is awesome tuning and some proper AI..
lets just see if EA got the point :roll:
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

There still might be hope YaelDjiel, it hasn't been released yet. :wink:
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
neoian1277
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by neoian1277 »

spectre01 wrote:man! that translation is terrible... if you guys still dont understand, i will translate it, just ask me :)
consider yourself asked!
Johnny_Yuan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Johnny_Yuan »

All right here it goes....

my poor english.. hope it helps..

Need For Speed Carbon Preview

By GPX老B

Introduction:
Many fans of the game "Need for Speed" have doubts in their mind: "What's the difference between Carbon and the earlier generations? More stimulating? Or more experiences and choices?" However, as for me, with the experience of so many earlier generations, I think it's a long-term task for Carbon to satisfy all the fans with more fun, and the game(which is predicted to be released in November this year) is also making efforts on leading its own way.

Need for Speed Carbon is developed by Producer Larry LaPierre and his EA Black Box team in Vancouver. So far as we know, the new generation Carbon is not a continuation of Most Wanted, but designed with new racing conceptions: canyon and valley racing, which surely brings more exciting experiences to the fans.

Get Your Best Partner:
In the brand-new Carbon, you can get teammates together, let them help throughout the racing. Also, each team has its own specialty. Some of teammates may help you on the racing circuit, some may appear at the garage, or backstage. It's a big job to find the perfect partners.

Pathfinder: The partners will try to find shortcuts to let you go in the fastest route.
Blocker: The partners will block the opponents' cars.
Drafter: You can follow these partners to get the airflow of drafting.
Fabricator: The partners will guide you customizing your car.
Mechanics: The partners will help you fix your car.
Fixer: The partners will help you resolve problems might caused by the opponents' threats.

Players can also cooperate with truck drivers at first, let them block the way to stop the racers. You can have more than one partners in your car, and to get special abilities from them. With the development of the story line, the partners gives you more help, thus you should pay more to them.

This Is My Town:
Combined with Underground Series and Most Wanted, the open world in Carbon is made up by 5 regions. Three of them contain muscles cars, exotics and tuning cars. Obviously it's not necessary driving a tuning car in a tuning region, but a tuning car is definitely performing better in its race circuit. For example, a muscle car is strong in a drag race, but weak in curves and breaking. Tuning cars is however good in this, so you should manage your cars well to beat the bosses. Once you've done that, theirs car belong to you.

To get others' region, you need victories in the races. Region is a key element in the game, it might even help you in some other aspects. Maybe you're interested in a special shop, or to enroll a strong teammate. Since some team member can get special discount in a certain region, the relations between teammate and region gets much more important.

Customizations and vinyl make up your own style:
The customizations and vinyl is still a big part in Carbon. The new Autosculptâ„¢ Technology can promote the art to a new level. You can even watch the appearance real time.

Conclusion:
Need for Speed Carbon will continue its advantage on RCG. The glaring visual effect make the players experience the most exciting canyon racing. We also don't need to worry about online games, cuz the new generation won't make players disappointed. The develop team now needs to overcome some problems on the new generation platforms(Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii). Let's now expect the exciting new Carbon!
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Wow, that's great news!! Thanks for the translation!! Love the idea of communication in this game!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Yea, thanks a lot for the translation.

It says muscle cars are good for drag races (totally agree there) but what's the point of muscle cars in NFS Carbon if they took out drag racing? :roll:
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

2furio wrote:Yea, thanks a lot for the translation.

It says muscle cars are good for drag races (totally agree there) but what's the point of muscle cars in NFS Carbon if they took out drag racing? :roll:
Ya haha, I was wondering the same thing. But personally, I don't care much for drag since it's now become an obstacle course which you get better by repetition. And by repetition, I don't mean practice. By repetition, I mean you eventually memorize where the obstacles are. :x
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

BluePhirePB wrote:
2furio wrote:Yea, thanks a lot for the translation.

Ya haha, I was wondering the same thing. But personally, I don't care much for drag since it's now become an obstacle course which you get better by repetition. And by repetition, I don't mean practice. By repetition, I mean you eventually memorize where the obstacles are. :x
yea, i actually think it's better this way. never having played Underground, i have to take others word that Drag has gone downhill since. no drag is better than drag on twisting mountain roads.

Return to “News”