New NFSC Preview at IGN

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

The absolute coolest thing about Need for Speed Carbon however is its Autosculpt system. The best way to think of it is as Game Face or Fight Night's boxer creator for a car. You're essentially given analog control over the shape of the major pieces of your car, allowing you to raise, lower, angle, shrink, expand and even twist parts however you want (within reason, of course). Each car class will feature somewhere between seven to 10 Autosculpt regions, and in each one of those regions you'll be able to edit numerous pieces.

So for example, when editing tires you're able to change the depth, width and twist of the rims, the width and depth of the tires and more. On the hood, you might be able to change the angle of air intakes, whether or not and how far a supercharger sticks out, the angle and size of retractable lights and more. The same goes for the spoiler and basically anything else you can think of. It's almost impossible to say how much customization you can do here simply because we've already seen a ton of variety and we've only been shown a handful of the options.
Sounds A bit Midnight Club 3 in Carbon way.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

this sounds really cool... i cant wait till i see a video about customization... autosculpt looks crazy...
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

I don't know what you think, but the most unrealistic thing in NFS is the NOS. From what i know, in a real car you can activate the NOS oonly above a certain speed or RPM (i think 3000 rpm).Thins way the engine doesn't melt. In NFS you can blast off from the beginign of the race , and, at the end of the race (where you should save the NOS for) your N2O is recharged, and it's almost impossible to lose. This recharging system makes the game a lot easier (but again, it's only my oppinion). From this point of view I think Underground 1 is the best. PLUS, in U2 and sometimes in MW you have too much NOS, and unfortunately in U1 is too lillte. This way, in U2 and MW (especially in U2), you don't need to have talent in managing the speed and taking the curves.

I think it would be interesting, and cool if you (and of course, the opponent) would have not so much NOS, (maybe a little more than in U1) and in the end of the race, the road gets a little straighter where you can use the NOS you have (this could be in Sprints and maybe in Canyon duels). There should be more Drags...not only 11 like in MW

Anyway, it's my oppinion
Thanks for reading it
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

OMG :shock:
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well I'm not impressed with videos, hmm.. maybe it's coz those are first videos but we'll see!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Carbon is starting to win me over , this better be as good as they say ! . I cant wait to start messing around with the car customisation .
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

@red_dawg: We dont really need split hoods, spinners, door styles, neons, nitrous purge, mirrors, hydraulics... Most of that stuff didnt even change your car's look. And the things that did looked like pure BS... IMO

Well autosculpt sounds cool. I can imagine having some huge-ass ugly spoiler. :lol:
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Split Screen for NFS C!? Whoes with me!!??
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

all the NOS in nfs is "rocket effect", it "pushes" car ahead, not just increase its power... EA should do something about it.
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

And last but certainly not least, if you happen to take a turn too late and break through the guardrail, the only thing you'll earn is a heaping pile of metal at the bottom of the canyon.

Finally, just what we need, as long as we have to pay to repair the car...
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

the city looks exactly like an nfs city i had in a dream.
CaVaLeRa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CaVaLeRa »

A video showing autosculpt working out would be awesome..
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

What about cops in Carbon, didn't they say cops would be in the game?If they have cops then they should also put it in multiplayer races, that would be c 8) 8) l, and if they also put the Maclaren F1 in the game that would be even cooler :lol: 8) Oh yeah and one more thing didnt they say that carbon takes place in the city on Underground 1 so could we see some returning tracks like the one of the bridge.
Zenith Mist
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Zenith Mist »

@CaVaLeRa:
I think some things like that should be kept away till the game is realesed, coz then when you see it and use it for yourself, you can have the good thought of "wooow, this is actually good". instead of "oh, its just like the vids". I think ea is doing a good job by not reavealing alot, leaves some surprise in the game when you play it.
Athlon64 X2 4400+ (OC@2.5Ghz)
2GBCorsairTwinX 2-3-3-6
2x256MB Sapphire x1600XT Crossfire
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

red_dawg wrote:I don't know what you think, but the most unrealistic thing in NFS is the NOS. From what i know, in a real car you can activate the NOS oonly above a certain speed or RPM (i think 3000 rpm).Thins way the engine doesn't melt. In NFS you can blast off from the beginign of the race , and, at the end of the race (where you should save the NOS for) your N2O is recharged, and it's almost impossible to lose. This recharging system makes the game a lot easier (but again, it's only my oppinion). From this point of view I think Underground 1 is the best. PLUS, in U2 and sometimes in MW you have too much NOS, and unfortunately in U1 is too lillte. This way, in U2 and MW (especially in U2), you don't need to have talent in managing the speed and taking the curves.

I think it would be interesting, and cool if you (and of course, the opponent) would have not so much NOS, (maybe a little more than in U1) and in the end of the race, the road gets a little straighter where you can use the NOS you have (this could be in Sprints and maybe in Canyon duels). There should be more Drags...not only 11 like in MW

Anyway, it's my oppinion
Thanks for reading it
NFS is an arcade game. things like that are hovering somewhere in the zone between arcade and simulation. you can ask for it, but IMO it's much more fun the way it is right now.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/artic ... 252082.jpg

WTF @ hood o.O

i liked the idea of the supercharger on the hood of the camaro though

EDIT:
after watching the vids, i must say i love the dark and gloomy feel of it
finally it feels like night
music sounds good too.. reminds me a bit of the old NFS
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

that would be autosculpt, lol.... it's gonna be wierd what people do with it.... i think ricers will make a comeback, what with the exotics in the game and all.
EDIT:
supercharger on an elise, anyone?
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

All I can say is wow. Anybody who has whined better stop now because by the looks of the screenshots and videos EA has given nearly everything we want.

I'm very excited and I feel this will work out good for me. By the time I have enough money for a 360 hopefully a special edition will come out and I can get that.

I am psyched for this game, and seeing as my dad owns a 69 SS can't wait to get my hands on those muscle cars. 8)

It gives me the shivers thinking about the game. :)
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

seen the trailers, seen the pics, and the game left me a great taste, I can`t wait for it to be out, awesome work .. still not impressed in gearshifting sounds :(
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Man, I can't wait to start making &*^%ing hideous bodykits on my rides!!

I'm actually starting to think Carbon will be a good game. 8)
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

BLOWER AHH

Post by speed_and_do_the_deed »

HaHa Jeez i nearly had a heart attack coz look at that BLOWER on that car

Do you think that they will have larger ones like the one off the fast and the furious on the dodge charger coz ill really have a heart attack if they do :P

also what if this time you can add a Super Charger to your engine and not a weewee poor Turbo

hey hey think about it :wink:

also i added a pic just so ya no wat im talking about

Oh and i belive there is a Dodge Neon in Carbon coz it looks like it
Attachments
need-for-speed-carbon blower.jpg
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

You mean Dodge Charger ???
We never seen pics of Dodge Neon
Dodge Neon is Underground1 time.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

havent seen any pics with the dodge neon in it yet. btw, using autosculpt technology in carbon, we'll most likely be able to change the size of blowers too. damn, that's some classic old school muscle right there. only thing missing now is drag racing and daytime racing, lol.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Muscle ? , pft , i wont bother with them or exotics for that matter , its all about the Evo lol
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Dodge Neon

Post by speed_and_do_the_deed »

Well hmm correct me if im rong then coz look at the pic coz ive bin looking at
this pic for ages and it looks like it but like then again no one can be right

and just so ya guys no im sorry if i got you guys all happy about it but thats if im rong :oops:

here are the pics of the car to see wat ive bin looking at for the last 2 hours lol :P

i dunno but yeah
Attachments
Dodge Neon 95-99.jpg
Dodge neon guess.jpg

Return to “News”