What happened to Ferrari??

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

you guys should try midnight club3, it has exotic like Salean s7, benz CLK GTR etc. but still they are custumozable(paint, wheel, and only N2O for performance). all cars in UG, UG2, MW and Carbon are slow...(they can't even reach 200mph), but in MC3, the fastest car can easily goes up to 250mph. just go try it, you will love it :) (i know i do, although im also a NFS fan)
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Yeah I tried MC3 but its just so unrealistic, quite a poorly done game IMO. I remember using Ferrari's and Lambo's in High Stakes against the cops
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I think Ferrari deal is also about cars can be slightly damaged in NFS Carbon. Or the cop stuff.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Abrams wrote:I think Ferrari deal is also about cars can be slightly damaged in NFS Carbon. Or the cop stuff.
I definately don't think it's damage. High Stakes had major damage and the Ferrari cars also had very good damage (loved that)...
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

2furio wrote:
Abrams wrote:I think Ferrari deal is also about cars can be slightly damaged in NFS Carbon. Or the cop stuff.
I definately don't think it's damage. High Stakes had major damage and the Ferrari cars also had very good damage (loved that)...
but maybe ferrari change their mind (its human nature)
fastfart
Ricer
Ricer

I know why

Post by fastfart »

because EA NFS team boss once had a row with ferrari about getting privileged deals for buying top end ferraris for his team member, big fall out, ok, you don't like me, I don't need you to make money too. That's it.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Maybe they could make Ferraris as one of those bonus cars you can't customize. :lol:
snaeper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by snaeper »

Ferrari made their own game, Project Gotham Racing, while EA was out making Underground. Since Underground was primarily tuners EA didn't wan't/need exotics, so Ferrari made their own game in which their cars could show off what they were meant to do, un-modified racing on closed city circuits, and they did the first two without their biggest competitor, Lamborghini. though now in PGR3 it has Lamborghini. But by the time EA made Most Wanted, Ferrari didn't wan't their cars being altered un-fasionably. If you look at the first 2 PGR's you'll see that they are licensed by Ferrari.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

As long as arushan is arround we will them ferraris... :P
l2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l2k »

Perhaps ferrari afraid EA would make a game where a tuned up RX8 or 206 can smoke their masterpiece like ENZO thus making the gamers actually think that way and start crying "Yo, ferrari sux, i can just use 10% of what you hav spent on ferrari to tune up my little Rx8 and smoke you dude !" :roll:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Cheer up a little guys cuz in MW we didn't have a Ferrari yet after some time we had the Ferrari 360 so maybe there will be one for Carbon.
But still we have great cars to play with so why should we worry?
s18000rpm
Ricer
Ricer

Post by s18000rpm »

l2k wrote:Perhaps ferrari afraid EA would make a game where a tuned up RX8 or 206 can smoke their masterpiece like ENZO thus making the gamers actually think that way and start crying "Yo, ferrari sux, i can just use 10% of what you hav spent on ferrari to tune up my little Rx8 and smoke you dude !" :roll:
yeah man, you're are absolutely RIGHT

IMO EA is making NFS a crap, coz the image of Master Piece from Mercedes & Porsche were completely Destroyed in Most wanted.
maybe this is why Ferrari Opted out. :roll:

when i'm going Flat Out in the Porsche carrera GT, a puny ar*e Fiat would overtake me effortlessly. i really hated these moments in the game.

its a good thing EA brought back the Tier System from NFS Porsche.

**Off-Topic**
NFS Porsche - the best work by EA so far.
i simply loved the SCREEAMING Sound of the '73 Porsche Carrera RS. (the muscle car of Posche :D)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

And if there were Ferraris, it would only be an image of it (okay, a 3d object), but it's performance would be shiznit. But I still like the image of Ferraris.
blue7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blue7 »

although the car list is quite good, i would have wanted at least a ferrari in it. BTW, Gran Turismo 5, for the first time, will have ferraris in it (like the 599 GTB). why can't EA do the same. i really want a NFS Ferrari Unleashed next year!!! :P
MaryJane
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MaryJane »

2furio wrote:
And Forza had big damage...

Ferrari isn´t in the game, because nowawdays they don´t want their cars in games that involve illegal racing and police chases...
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

EA should make Ferari cars named like thisisnotF50 or benzo or F 430 and cars wouldn't have Ferrari badge on it, and stock parts wouldn't be available. Then they would say it's not Ferrari, it's Ferari. It hasn't got it's badge on it. Performance is different (they are allready doing that), it's not F50 it's thisisnotF50, it's not enzo, it's benzo, it's not F430, it's F 430...
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

TheStig wrote:The whole Ferrari not in games where there is police is also out the window.

Cause Test Drive Unlimited has several Ferraris (F430, 360 etc) and it also has cops in it. ok they are not as agressive as in MW the concept is the same:
- open world with traffic and cop.
Test Drive Unlimited even has the Lambos , Ferarris, The Zonda and Plenty other Super cars , and as most of you guys said , maybe Ferarri REALLY don't want their cars being chased and involved in illegal racing . . . . .. .
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

who said Test Drive Unlimited got the cars licensed?
Oh, I just love mclarens and ferraris, they realy should be in C...Well, there's the fastest street legal ride in there (Koenigsegg CCX) but in the game a Mazda can beat it :roll:
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

Doesn;t anyone else thaught of this? Ferrari has it's own game(outrun) Why to give licenses to EA?
Other reasons is maybe Ferraro disapointed from NFS 7 when EA didn't put ferrari's
or maybe Lamborghini wanted their cars in the game if there wasn't any Ferraris!lol
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ peterfaj: If TDU didn't get the cars licensed, they would be swimming in a pool of lawsuits against them and they would most certainly lose, causing the games to be stripped off the shelves. And about the Mazda beating the CCX, that's probably because EA doesn't know how to get car stats correct (Audi R8 has better stats than Carrera GT, even though it's opposite in real life) and the fact that we can't even tune the CCX.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

they should put ferraris in cause about all i see they should be able to mod is thee paint,rims,tint,andperformance thats it
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

viper16 wrote:they should put ferraris in cause about all i see they should be able to mod is thee paint,rims,tint,andperformance thats it
PLus bodykit from race version (if applicable) or from Novitec or any tuner that offers decent aero parts for Ferraris.
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If Ferrari does accept stuff like Rim changes in games. Forza 1 did have a option to change the rims on ferrari's

I think changing rims and spoilers and perhaps a minor bodykit is what should be max in terms of exotic tuning. and performance ofcourse.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

But even performance tuning for exotics shouldn't be as major as tuners. The performance on exotics are already so high, so it's not like you can tune it a lot more than it already is.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

True, but I still would not like to see certain cars be beaten by a average tuner.

Carbon did have a class system but it was pretty useless and unrealistic.
Cars like the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Mercedes SL65 AMG where in the same class.. what was that all about, the SL65 has twice the cylinders, twice the displacement and it has 2 turbo's wich combined made more torque then all other cars combined.

Return to “Carbon”