Upgrading my computer

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

atleast 75 is still nice..

my 17" one only gets 60Hz on 1280x960/1024 :(
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

A good CRT is still far better than the average LCD (expensive m/p-va or s-ips panels are another story) in pretty much all aspects other than physical size and weight. If one has the room and desk space for it why change. I'm more than happy playing games at 1600x1200@85Hz on my 19" CRT...
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

CRTs are freaking cheap nowadays ... I saw some Sony Artisan 21" monitors going for $170 CAD, which is freaking insane because those monitors were going for upwards of $1000 just a few years ago and are some of the most accurate monitors ever made ...

Of course, your average consumer would rather have an LCD over a CRT, though ... I personally like my LCD, but it's not exactly a budget model ...
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

LCD is better imo because it has DVI out, harper text, and better on the eyes.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

When I get the money I want to upgrade my CRT to LCD. My Desk Isn't exactly the bigest one you've ever seen. After you acount the space taken up by trash, video games, and computer parts lying all over it. If your looking for a good cheap moniter, get a crt. If your looking for a space smart and good looking moniter you can show off, go LCD.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, i prefer my dual 19" G90f CRTs - great definition, colour, contrast, response, 3840x1440 resolution, there's nothing I don't like. As for space, just move the desk out from the wall and hang the monitors off the back.

But weren't we talking about Morty's upgrade?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

because there is nothing left to say about it except its a great upgrade? :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Then the thread should be left to die.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Im getting LCD only because my IIyama starts to fade colors slightly now, will either get Samsung or LG 19", since LCD looks kinda smaller then the CRT for some reason(the viewing space that is).

p.s. as for OCing, well, i myself hate to install any other cooling system unless i switch the type of it. Like if i upgrade the stock heatsink+fan then after ill change custom one ill rather change it to watercooling so no time would be wasted to takign whole system out and re-working it again.

p.p.s. ah lol didnt see GT`s last post, sry :?

Return to “The Hardware & Software”