New NFS Game in the works + little info!

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: New NFS Game in the works + little info!

Post by powerof1000 »

Striker94 wrote:Do you think that there will be any more 'realism' in the new game?

Any idea what it will be called?
This is the only news we have so far about it :(
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:Yeah, you've got a good point there. For example, in MW i beat razor with a Supra.

I have a feeling that the 'teirs' in Carbon were supposed to kind of even the feild a bit, to pit astons and lamborghinis together and such.

Do you think that there will be any more 'realism' in the new game?

Any idea what it will be called?
Supras are incredibly fast when modified... 8 sec street 1/4 mile anyone? And with mods, you can turn a sports car into a race car.
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

They need to bring back pink slip races that where in nfs high stakes.
Plus i say they need more tuner cars not less.
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

As i've said before, I absolutely loved MW. I still have it, and have cracked it 18 times :roll:

If it's going to be street racing all over again, they might as well adopt a midnight club idea, where you cruise the streets and find other street racers. And if it's only at night again, I'm gonna bloody sue EA. Again, do you think that there will be damage in the new game???

Note on most racing games... Has anyone noticed, on the games where your car can take damage, 99% of the actual buildings/surfaces seem to be made of titanium alloy? You can't scratch it! If you wanted a REALLY realistic game, take a few cues from GTA SA...
oh snap
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Why wouldn't they include damage? I think it was quite popular in PS, and EA probably won't drop it because they wouldn't get as much moneys. I do hope they improve it though.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

EA has p***ed me off to the brink now...

WHY does it have to be another street racing game?? If they were going back to their "roots", then they should have started with the simplest, yet most fun out of all of them: NFS III.

It had cops, like the majority of people posting here and myself included like it had exotics and concept cars (the insanely awesome Alfa Romeo Schigera made its only game appearance in NFSIII, along with the Diablo SV and Countach, sure they can have tuners, but keep the exotics coming.), and most importantly, it was fun. Hell, I'd take NFSII over any of the undergrounds any day, even with its weirdly named in-house music and their randomly made-up FZR4000 being the fastest car in the game.

Which brings me to another feature that could be implemented: player-designed cars. I thought of this idea from a post from Tunerfreak after he shown his designs. Basically all you would need is a front, rear and two side pics of the car of choice, on your hard-drive or whatever, you would upload them to the game and it will create a realistic 3D model of the car. And then you can muck around with things such as what engine(s) you want, whether you want forced induction or just Natural Aspiration, Carbon Ceramic or cross-drilled brakes, etc. etc.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yeah, to do that i suppose they could intergrate CorelDraw into the software, but I have a feeling they won't be bothered. They should include some older exotics, such as the Diablo, Testorossa etc.

And as for the 'design your own car', do you mean like current production cars, and then change the engine and stuff, or completely draw you OWN car, and then put it into the game???
oh snap
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

What he probally didnt mean but was going for is a Autoscuplt feature. Only this time every part of the car is editable. kinda like the game Supercar Challenge.( or whatever its called)
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

like completely mod the original body work?

Yeah, but to do that you would probably need some more advanced cursor-rotation software, and how would you do it with a PS3?

Nah, what I REALLY want to see in a car game is the ability to import real-world cars into the game, even if they're not that accurate...

And what is SUPERCAR CAHMPIONSHIP? (I think that's what you called it...)
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

An old PS2 game... saw an ad for it when I got mine, but could never find it. =-( Good game?
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Teaser at E3 maybe. =D>
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

What I would love is SVG based vinyls. This way, the vinyls can be autosculpted without any loss in quality whatsoever, and if they're SVG based, they can also be edited and modified outside of the game. Basically, custom vinyl system.

But will EA ever listen to me? Probably not.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

what, you mean like imported images as vinyls? That seems like a good idea...

So, how do you import them? As textures?
oh snap
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

I think it would be alot better if they just follow LFS's skin/paint design on PC versions. So bascially you take a JPEG image of the car that has a side view front view rear view and opposite side view and you use a Paint program or Photoshop(Much better) to make your own vinlys. This could be implemented on consoles but it would take longer, because EA would have to code this feature and Pretty much create their own paint program for the PS3, XB360, and wii
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:Yeah, to do that i suppose they could intergrate CorelDraw into the software, but I have a feeling they won't be bothered. They should include some older exotics, such as the Diablo, Testorossa etc.

And as for the 'design your own car', do you mean like current production cars, and then change the engine and stuff, or completely draw you OWN car, and then put it into the game???
Bit of both. There's also 3DS Max or Maya that could be implemented. The former would be better for cars because I think it has better rendering than Maya. And you can possibly choose whether it's rear-wheel, front-wheel or all-wheel-drive, what sort of engine you want, and if your car of choice is long enough, you can have up to two engines (eg, two 4s, 6s or even V8s if it's like the Bugatti Veyron).
donaldgladden wrote:What he probally didnt mean but was going for is a Autoscuplt feature. Only this time every part of the car is editable. kinda like the game Supercar Challenge.( or whatever its called)
That wasn't really what I was going for but it could work. And that Supercar Challenge was pretty cool.... except I couldn't win any of the races...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

do you think that the next NFS game will be on playstation 2 at all? If so, will it be this crappy cut-down version like prostreet?
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

No, it's likely the next NFS would barely run on my PC, if at all, let alone a PS2.
Specs: 7600GT, 3.2Ghz P4 HT, 1.25gb DDR400
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

are u serious!?!?!?!?!

Man, they might as well make the new game $200, because only people with a lotof money are even going to be able to play it...
oh snap
maksimovski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maksimovski »

i want nfsu3
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think they should keep working on a huge nfs game and release a side product for the old-gen systems so we don't have a crappy game for most of us who have high end pc's, 360's and ps3's.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

baumaxx1 wrote:No, it's likely the next NFS would barely run on my PC, if at all, let alone a PS2.
What? ProStreet runs fine on a comp I use for it, max settings, same as that except with less CPU power.

And, for this topic in general, I have always been a fan of the NFS series pretty much no matter what direction it has taken. In fact, I even thought Carbon was OK when it first came out (but now, IMO, Carbon is one of the worst NFSes ever). Except Carbon, most of the NFS games were pretty good. HS was relatively boring as it seemed like a Hot Pursuit clone, and I could never get into the original one that much, but other than that, every NFS has been great.

I have not just liked NFS for its recent role as a sim game. I have not just liked NFS for its current role as a Japanese import-tuning game (although that part is pretty cool). I have not just liked NFS for the cop chases. I have not just liked NFS even for the cool exotics and stuff. And, if anything, I have actually liked NFS less when it was too arcade-y (e.g. Carbon). In short, NFS has been cool just about forever, in my opinion.

EDIT: And, if anyone wants to see my ideas for the next NFS game, I've practically just dumped them all here for people to look at.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

If EA is really going to the highway battle mode nice, they have to try something new. Not like pro street's Grip race, is just like normal circuit races and speed are like sprint and speed trap mix with dangerous track only. Hope they make underground 3 with smart ai like underground 1. pro street ai are stupid !
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Fishwhiz wrote:i think they should keep working on a huge nfs game and release a side product for the old-gen systems so we don't have a crappy game for most of us who have high end pc's, 360's and ps3's.
yeah, i supoose that you're right, but EA, like most big companies, work for profit only...

Like they're not gonna wait 10 years, slowly perfecting a perfect game, and releasing shoddy games along the way. They're probably just gonna release more-or-less average games every year...
oh snap
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Striker94 wrote:They're probably just gonna release more-or-less average games every year...
Yeah, I'd rather that the spent at least 2 years or so making an awesome game than releasing an average one each year :(
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

RedCarDriver wrote:
baumaxx1 wrote:No, it's likely the next NFS would barely run on my PC, if at all, let alone a PS2.
What? ProStreet runs fine on a comp I use for it, max settings, same as that except with less CPU power.
:shock: MAX? What resolution though? I run it on medium. There's something wrong with my PC I think... Test Drive unlimited runs like a dog too... however, FEAR and Crysis run perfectly.

But I did say next NFS game... look at carbon vs. PS... Carbon- Max, PS med... next game low?

Return to “Undercover”