Need for Speed: Undercover Next?

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Need for Speed: Undercover Next?

Post by Fishwhiz »

2furio wrote:Funny how everyone quickly jumps to conclusions and say that it will suck and the name doesn't sound that bad. You think Underground, Carbon, or ProStreet are better names? Just wait for an official announcement from EA before jumping to conclusions on how crappy the game will be.

In addition, the people at http://www.nfs-planet.de updated the article saying:
"Update:
Electronic Arts just confirmed that Need for Speed: Undercover will be the title for the next Need for Speed, as well as there has been restructuring of the dev teams. Stay tuned for more..."

They don't give a source so I don't know how they "confirmed" the information, even though it's pretty doubtful that this is fake..
well, if you search "need for speed undercover" in google it comes up with quite a few results that match it perfectly. so i don't think the site that bojan found it was BSing us.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Fishwhiz wrote:
2furio wrote:Funny how everyone quickly jumps to conclusions and say that it will suck and the name doesn't sound that bad. You think Underground, Carbon, or ProStreet are better names? Just wait for an official announcement from EA before jumping to conclusions on how crappy the game will be.

In addition, the people at http://www.nfs-planet.de updated the article saying:
"Update:
Electronic Arts just confirmed that Need for Speed: Undercover will be the title for the next Need for Speed, as well as there has been restructuring of the dev teams. Stay tuned for more..."

They don't give a source so I don't know how they "confirmed" the information, even though it's pretty doubtful that this is fake..
well, if you search "need for speed undercover" in google it comes up with quite a few results that match it perfectly. so i don't think the site that bojan found it was BSing us.
I never said I doubted bojan or the information but it wasn't confirmed by EA.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Article wrote:...two with each group working full 24 months on the game they will be releasing so we can still expect anual releases but hopefully with more quality and innovation.
That phrase pretty much sums up my frustration with the series. One year is not enough time to come out with a 'quality and innovative' product and lets be honest, the NFS franchise is now just a money making machine that feeds off our expectations.

I know that previous NFS instalments all had a years difference between them but they each had different content making it a somewhat worthwhile investment. Since Underground came out, and it became a cult hit, the game play was just recycled all the way to Carbon. We all went and bought each one because there was a rare car in there, totally ignoring the fact the game's talent didn't extend further than shiny graphics, and later on realising that we had all been scammed.

I like to think of Prostreet as a blue-print for a nicer game but like I said, you need more than a year develop a quality product.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Weren't they already doing that though? I thought one team did UG, MW, PS, while another did UG2 and Carbon. :?
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

My point isn't the number of teams, it's the development period.

And if two teams did each separately develop each game, its doesn't show. You would expect the games to differ but it's like each team was locked in a room with a one way window, each one assuming only they were copying the other.
the_lonely_lion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by the_lonely_lion »

:D need for speed undercover sounds nice but please change the name to need for speed most wanted 2 :D
lion is my name racing is my game
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Last time I checked 2Furio was right, there where 2 teams.

Maybe that explains why UG1 and MW are better games then UG2 and Carbon....

I will wait and see what the next installment is bringing cause I don't trust anything that EA says anymore, they promised us loads before and never fully delivered.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Amen.

Although the title does remind me of one thing. Remember how we all used to be asking EA for something similar to the "You're the Cop" mode from HP2 to be in MW? Well, maybe they are actually listening... they're just very, very slow. (very)

None the less, I don't see much to get hyped about... Yay, a title from a progressively deteriorating game line. Although maybe they'll give us something good again. :wink:
XIUYAN1
Stock
Stock

Post by XIUYAN1 »

Ditto here~!
I support your point of view 。

Return to “News”