Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: FRUSTRATED WITH RECENT NFS SERIES!

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

This is going to be long folks....
The Sims series would suck on console.
It was released on PS2, it didn't suck.
Valves shooters would (and do) suck on console.
Orange Box anyone? That certainly didn't fail...
And any full view FPS shooter in general (besides CoD4) sucks on console.
You obviously have NEVER played Halo 3, Resistance, Gears Of War 2 and the like have you?
Flight Sims would suck on console.
Ace Combat? That certainly didn't fail.
[rant]
@ Steam: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry that I sound mad about this (because I am), but Steam is the WORST thing to happen to PC game sales. All of the DRM software (Steam included, that's all it friggin' really is) IS THE WORST FREAKIN THING TO HAPPEN TO PC GAME SALES. It's ridiculously complicated for no reason, keeps you from playing the game when you want, and all in all just makes people want to switch to consoles to avoid the hassle.

Steam is, in a nutshell, a way of Valve ensuring that they'll get profits, at the expense of convenience for their users. "Oh, it won't bother them at all, especially if they can 'use their games on any computer'", says the huge company with insane internet bandwidth. Oh yeah, that too: You can't really play without an insanely fast internet connection or lots (hours) of time, because, with the exception of going into "offline mode" (which doesn't work well anyway), it always updates your games and tries to download ones you don't have installed.

All in all, I cannot express how much Steam utterly sucks.

[/rant]
I cannot agree with you more on just how s**t Steam is....and IMO xfire is much easier to use in the "in-game community" aspect. Although Service Pack 1 is still a booboo....
Honestly, I can't imagine EVER buying an NFS game for a console.
Well I can. Very much so in fact. Put it this way: I only bought NFSIISE, and III on comp, simply because at that time PS1s were too expensive. The rest I have bought on PlayStation ever since.
Consoles are ultimately limited by the fact that, well, they're just not PCs - they can never be as customizable as a PC, cannot be as versatile as a PC, and (in my experience) console games cannot be as easy to play as PC games - I can't really see the screen on most consoles ("Oh, yeah, go buy a new 24-inch flatscreen TV" - yeah, that's not gonna happen), the controllers are too hard to use for me, and I don't like having to run back and forth to access forums and play the game at the same time. (Not to mention that console games are usually really expensive.)
Nobody's saying go and buy a 24" flat-screen. I can certainly see where you're coming from in terms of costs. But console games are exactly the same as new PC games. Half that if they're Platinum... And to me, the controller is much better than the keyboard. The keyboard is unresponsive. End of story.
Not to mention all the cables and the installation we have to go through just to get the consoles up and running. It just adds more mess to my living room.
The only mess in my living room is the ten billion cables coming from every other appliance than the PS3 and X360.... I mean for the PS3 I have a HDMI cable, power cable, and that is it. For my X360, I have component, power cable, that is all. The Driving Force GT however.....that is a different story...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

At first I was a hardcore PC gamer and IMO it was the only way to play, one of my friends got a PS2 and I was like why would you do that, when you can play games on the PC?
But after a while I got pretty damn tired of constantly upgrading my PC with a better GFXcard and upgrade my memory, HDD etc. it cost me loads of money.
Then I played a 360 game at a friends house and after he told me what it costs I was sold.
Now I love my 360, I currently got a new one, X360 Elite, just because it's black and it's fits better with the rest of the living room, then my white one, I will keep the white one and maybe install it in my car 8)
I was surprised how little cables there where for the 360, only a power cable and a HD cable, everything else is wireless, including the controllers, headset and network.
The games I do play on the PC are well... the Sims, and I have NFS Underground installed on the PC, cause well I think it's the most fun NFS in a long time. (and because I can't run the older NFS games very well... :roll: )

Back in NFS,

I never really liked U2, and it's exactly the part that most people liked was what made me not like it very much...
The overkill in terms of utter RICE.
I loved the fact that you could customise alot, but the choices EA gave me made me PUKE.
I found almost all spoilers, mirrors and head/rear lights (don't even get me started on the roofscoops)to be utterly horrible, for me it was the challenge to choose the least ugly parts to get higher up in the game.
It had a lot of nice stuff like the magazine shots and I did like the showoff, and the option to see the trunk and under the hood and see the tuned engines (to bad you could not choose parts there, but hé...)
And all the ghetto parts where to much for me... spinners and heavy hydrolics in a racing game??
I'm all for more options and giving more people their favourite stuff but you can overdo stuff (and better use the effort and discspace for other usefull stuff, like cars :mrgreen: )
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ xfire comment: No, I don't think I'd like using that either, but I don't know yet. Simply put, if any company tries to advertise any online service as a substitute for actual features, then that's a very poor choice on the part of the company and the game suffers because of it.

@ PC upgrading: Never had problems like that. The PC I used for ProStreet (it runs ProStreet acceptably) was built when UG was new, and only upgraded a few times (GFX card and RAM - neither of which were too expensive).

@UG2 tuning options comment: Yeah, some of the kits in UG2 were pretty bad. There were a few okay-looking or good ones, though:

-Type V for RX-7
-Crank front-bumper for RX-7
-Frenzy for 350Z (VeilSide clone)

...and some more I can't remember. It's not impossible to make decent-looking cars in UG2, you just have to look at all of them (but yeah, most of the kits introduced for UG2 were pretty bad). If there was one thing I would want to improve in UG2 (besides more cars), though, it'd be adding real-life licensed body kits.
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

you're right .. UUG2 was nice cuz it had a lot of options for you to customize your car

but you're also right ..,

THE OPTIONS EA GAVE ARE TOTALLY HIDEOUS! :(
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

RedCarDriver wrote:It's not impossible to make decent-looking cars in UG2, you just have to look at all of them (but yeah, most of the kits introduced for UG2 were pretty bad). If there was one thing I would want to improve in UG2 (besides more cars), though, it'd be adding real-life licensed body kits.

True enough, not that there isn't some pretty hideous crap done in real life aswell... :wink:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

vellu wrote:
RedCarDriver wrote:It's not impossible to make decent-looking cars in UG2, you just have to look at all of them (but yeah, most of the kits introduced for UG2 were pretty bad). If there was one thing I would want to improve in UG2 (besides more cars), though, it'd be adding real-life licensed body kits.

True enough, not that there isn't some pretty hideous crap done in real life aswell... :wink:
:lol:
korge

Return to “Undercover”