All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 4)

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Post by Hydro_PT »

@VG_Speed: I haven't noticed your post before lol, so I just reply now. :P
Your biggest mistake is that you assume you know the limits of this game, when is clear that it's not the case... I didnt answer you when I talked about your Nord LP640 Conclusions, but I am doing it now for just one reason: all your Car Testing in that other Topic is also dependent on everything you are accusing anak's test to fail - driver preferences, setups, experience, etc. - but in your conclusions you had absolutely no doubt in saying this car is the best or some car is better then that other car. So really, where is the coherence?
I assumed I know the limits of the game? Could you point out where I say that please? Really, I can't remember posting such thing... :?

As for the "SHIFT Car Reviews" topic, I never said that everything I review is to be taken as 100% correct lol. It's a review, so it's my opinion. I say either that I'm the best driver with that car. The lap times there are also indicative, not the best possible lap time with that car.

Still, I have more credibility than anak to say that IMO (in my opinion) the LP640 is the best car in the game. First, it has the highest rating of all cars. Secondly, I drove all others "best cars" (Veyron, Zonda, etc) and no one was better than the LP640. It's true that I might have more skill to drive the Lamborghini than the others. Still, to me it's the best car, and I stated that on my review. If you want you accept that, if not... well it's a review, you either agree or disagree. :wink:

Oh and why can't a Scirocco beat the TT? I managed a time of 7:52 last time I raced with it... not far from the 7:45 anak did with the TT. It's just a matter of driving even better. :)
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

Summ wrote:Everyone's free to play and enjoy his game ...
what a nice words, and that's what i did here my friend, read the first post, is there any words saying that i am asking people to believe my list? no, i have a good time with this game, and then i share my result in this forum,just as simple as that, nothing less nothing more..
and i hope, there is no mod, or file editing, or trainer etc, that affecting the car performance, but if someone uploading those thing, there will be no lap record any more, because even my grandma can make fastest lap with that..and that's not good.
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

Hydro_PT wrote:Oh and why can't a Scirocco beat the TT? I managed a time of 7:52 last time I raced with it... not far from the 7:45 anak did with the TT. It's just a matter of driving even better. :)
Auchhh!!!
Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro 6,45,450 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ8BCwj5CWI
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 2)

Post by Hydro_PT »

Lol I made a mistake with the times. :P

It's 6:52, not 7:52. I got confused and I didn't even read my post after posting it, otherwise I would have spotted the mistake. Almost 8 minutes at Nordschleife is a time I only have when I keep crashing a car I'm not used to race with (like the Camaro SS - bad car). :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I seriously doubt you'll get anywhere near 7:00 in the Scirocco, Hydro. Good luck trying though.. :]
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

if you guys want that race Scirocco vs Audi TT , why not stop challenging each other and actually do it online?
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

such a great idea, but shame on me, my internet connection limiting to do that..coz my place is in the middle of nowhere. but the replays would be the same as duel in the real times.
AERO_HDT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AERO_HDT »

Kudos to Anak.

Why? Well he's obviously passionate about lapping the ring and evidently the lap times that he's achieved are indicative to him personally of what is a quick car. He's posted it here to generate a bit of discussion evidently and to evaluate other people's opinions on whether or not his lap times are in any way, consensual.

At the end of the day, if nobody ever tested any cars against each other, nobody would know what car stacks up against the other. Haven't some of you guys wondered... Camaro SS or GT500?

This thread isn't meant to be "the holy grail" of lap times, its merely Anak's interpretation of car versus car @ the ring. And until you guys have tried to match or better his times, how can you say they're no good?

Anak, keep up the hard work mate, you're an inspiration to us guys who spend Sunday nights at our PlayStations with a few beers and a pen and paper trying to nut out which car is genuinely faster!

Cheers
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

Hydro_PT wrote:Oh and why can't a Scirocco beat the TT? I managed a time of 6:52 last time I raced with it...
GT3x24x7 wrote:I seriously doubt you'll get anywhere near 7:00 in the Scirocco, Hydro. Good luck trying though.. :]
This is something that has been confusing me. The first - and only time - I've driven an online race at Nordschleife with restriction at 10.00, I used an Evo IX and I was completely destroyed by a guy in a Scirocco who finished at 7:04. Sure enough my driving was not very good, but I tried out a fully upgraded Scirocco with default tuning. I gave up after just a couple of corners because I couldn't see how I would be able to push 7 minutes with this thing. Maybe there is something that can be done with this car tuning-wise that improves it greatly, I don't know...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Skroting wrote: I couldn't see how I would be able to push 7 minutes with this thing. Maybe there is something that can be done with this car tuning-wise that improves it greatly, I don't know...
Most definitely, especially if you are using little or no assists (abs, tcs, etc). For example the TT (with no assists) oversteers like crazy when braking hard into a corner with the default settings. But it can be tuned to correct that (brake bias slightly to the rear, front fast/slow bump to stiffer) thus making it possible to brake harder and later than with the default settings.

Same is propably true for most cars, but I haven't really driven the Scirocco enough to tell what needs to be done to it tuning-wise to make better. Again, this is for NO ASSISTS. The assists help cure oversteer/understeer/sliding/brake locking without tuning, but atleast to me, make for boring driving experience.

I may not be the fastest (actually, I'm sure I'm not) but I sure have lots of fun fine tuning the more challeging rides to make them more comfortable. Or just for fun driving cars that slip & slide through every corner. Fast? No. Fun? For sure.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

it's really unbelievable how fast you can lap with all the cars... I'm still unable to pull any under 7 min lap times even with dbr9 or mc12 or z06 or even the zonda r... fastest so far was 7:09..

I believe however that I can pull it off if I don't do as much mistakes
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

every one can do that, after you familiar with the corners on the track, you'll know when and how to brake, acc, and so on..
its only about restarting the race (IMO), when you make a mistake in one corner, just restart the game and don't make the same mistake again at the same corner, at least that's what i did, also restarting the race make me familiar with the cars..
how big you make a mistake in the corners that make you restart the race, its depends on you..
Last edited by anak_takengon on 26 Oct 2009, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^Any mistake at all is fatal for a hot lap. I used to do what you do and just restart at the first corner taken wrong, but then I realized that after restarting the same race ten times without getting farther than x corner, I finally became very good at that part, but had no idea of what would come after it. Nowadays I do whole laps, even if I end up in a wall. It's the only way to know the whole track, rather than adding one corner and then crashing on the next, because you have no idea where the track goes.
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

if you agree, basically we have the same idea, the differences is you take a whole track, and i take it corner by corner where i made a mistake..and oh ya, i would rather brakes hard then end up in the wall..i like playing smooth and clean..
AERO_HDT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AERO_HDT »

Summ is right, the best way to learn a track is to do the WHOLE circuit over and over, regardless of mistakes. The Nurb is simply too big and time consuming for us to sit there and restart every time a corner is taken incorrectly - you would spend your whole life hotlapping the cars in Shift looking for the perfect lap for each car.

I know guys who do the "restart" method, but at the end of the day, they spend 40 hours on one car at one circuit. And that circuit is nowhere near as big or as difficult as the Ring.

The key is finding that compromise between a red-hot lap and a perfect one. You cannot replicate a perfect lap very often, it might occur less than 5% of the time.
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

i am not saying restart all the time, it's only when the mistake happen and mostly in the corners..and like i said, there is no limitation how big the mistake that make you restart the race, for me, when my all tires has left the track, or hit the wall too hard, there i will restart, because that consuming lot of times.

this is my method, just for share..
i pick up 1 car..
start the race..
drive the car in "safe mode" (which mean not pushing too hard) for one lap once or two take to know the "standard time "for that car..
at third take, i push the car hard..then when i make a mistake and know that if i continue the race i only get below the standard time, there i will restart the race..
because of this method, for now, i remember all the corner at nord and helping me a lot for making a lap time..
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Yeah, that's close to what I do except I add to that the car tuning aspect of it. Driving a lap or two "slowly" and then increasingly faster to see how the car handles at the limits (understeer/oversteer/grip/ability to absorb bumbs), if the gear ratio is optimal (max top speed vs good acceleration) and generally trying to get the feel for the car. After I'm happy with the handling/tuning then I start pushing for the lap time.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

well the restarting, I do... maybe too often...

that is also why the sections who are equivalent to Aremberg and Karussell, I know pretty well, and can go through it with almost all corners mastered... Nurburg however... I ALWAYS get cut track, or smash into guardrail or things like that.. it's ALL after the Karussell...

and no matter what I do, I still can't get my time 30 seconds faster... it just seems IMPOSSIBLE...

maybe I should watch that jackie stewart video again... I think I've reached my personal limit...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

@ up
sometimes i get cut track on a straight :?

also i guess that ill never get below 7.30 on nurburgring no matter the car...just CANT drive on that track.
there are the corners where its just a light corner, if it was for wheel then it would be really easy to take but with keyboard i always fall out of it...its like mega under steer there.
though i still can't understand how can you cut a straight.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

ElvenAvenger wrote: though i still can't understand how can you cut a straight.
Uh that's actually impossible lol. You can't cut a straight because on a straight there's no possible shortcut. It's a straight. :D

However, sometimes SHIFT thinks you're cutting the track if you drive over the grass and get back to the track without losing much speed.
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

ElvenAvenger wrote:if it was for wheel then it would be really easy..
for me, that's true..
i play nfs series since Porsche Unleashed with keyboard, then comes undercover and shift, and i play it with wheel and i realize there are so many difference between keyboard and wheel..in keyboard, everything is hard, when you turn, you turn hard, even in easy corner, and sure its hard to control rpm and brake with it..there no gentle push on keyboard, but i don't say controlling with keyboard is bad, there are some people still prefer keyboard even they have wheels..
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

the problem is keyboard is either 0 force or 100% force, if you drove like that in real life, you would probably crash as soon as you started :lol: imagine instantly pressing pedal to the metal in a Zonda R or steering to the wheel's maximal angle instantly.... i believe you would not be able to drive like that.
so i'd think we are pretty lucky we can complete the game on keyboard...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

the steering's actually quite gradual... you can set the sensitivity and it'll change the rate it turns at...

but gas and brake however... it's just on or off...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I just set a 6:12.250 in a Zonda R... with Normal handling, ABS, and Steering Assist on low, but WITH KEYBOARD!!!

I originally wanted to do a "clean" no contact race *no hitting railings... may go off track, but just no contact*
but I had such a fast first "half" that I decided to just go for it in the end... and clocked the fastest lap ever for me =)

will upload video tomorrow

I really need to practice on the Nurburg section of the track... I know pretty much almost all corners before Karussell by now, from all the restarting trying to get it fast and clean... but as soon as I pass Karussell, I become so lost... not knowing what comes after >.<

I think it's possible to go under 6:10... if I just don't make so much mistakes
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Awesome! Great time, especially with keyboard.. :o

Return to “SHIFT”