Attachments
htp02_1024x768.jpg
yea these corvettes arent street legal
(169.6 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You could basically just take a normal Corvette... :)
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

yea but my car with all of the new stuff i am gonna put in it and are already in it it is about the same ammount for a corvette $52,985
($56,685 for the commerative edition) yea i almost spent 52 thou. but i still like my car better...
my car base price $24,000 with my ls1 engine add $7,000
my new rims and tryes $6,000 and new gauges $ 100
my new hood $700 so i guess ithink my car to me is better of than a corvette and escpecially the insurance
PowerSandro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PowerSandro »

Don't forget the BOSS!! :twisted:
hehehehe
for old ones mustangs are the best!! but in new ones viper is the best!
Attachments
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 fsv=KRM.jpg
(198.91 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
1970_ford_mustang_boss_429-1.jpg
(136.22 KiB) Downloaded 3827 times
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

like i said before in this topic i really dont like muscle cars but if i had to choose one i would probably say, Ford Mustang Shelby, just like the one Dragon-of-Rune said.
XxAmadaeusxX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XxAmadaeusxX »

you cant forget the 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1. I love this car. I wish to own one some day.
Attachments
76130297_1.jpg
(155.59 KiB) Downloaded 3791 times
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Sorry, I only take Japanese muscle :lol:

Well, I like tailtapping those US muscle cars in games, thats the funniest part, pulling up behind them on corner entrance and then use them as brakes. (Slamming into their rear when they brake, and US muscle turns badly so they brake even more)

So based on our experiences, some of them has recieved new names:

Plymouth Superbird: Wannabe downforce demon
All Corvette's: SpinVette.
All Camaro's: SpinMaro's
Ford XR7 and XR8: Wannabe RX-7 and Wannabe RX-8.
Mustang SVT Cobra: Mustang sweating Cobra.

That is just a few, we got callsigns on most of them, some japanese cars got callsigns as well, based on how the car acts...
Go and tailtap some FR Muscle cars in Gran Turismo and you will see the fun.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Those callsigns are really lame.

And there is no such thing as Japanese Muscle. Just rice.

Although most muscle cars can't handle corners, the Mustang is an exception. They make awesome track cars and they are very popular for curcuit racing, not just drag racing.

And there is nothing better than the raw sound of a thumpin' big-bore V8.

If you want proof, then watch a movie called Bullitt. :D
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I personally think Supra, NSX and RX-7 is what I call Japanese muscle...
They got what US muscle cars lack, HANDLING.

I didn't come up with all those names ;) But they do fit the cars in the games, look a bit closer when playing Gran Turismo and you will see why they earned those names...
Though they may not represent the real counterparts that well, it is still fun.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Sweeper wrote:Though they may not represent the real counterparts that well, it is still fun.
Then maybe you should take a step away from your computer screen and into the real world . . .

and then go to the video shop and rent Bullitt.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

chevy chevelle 70SS or 72, and a chevy camarao 71
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

boganbusman wrote:
Sweeper wrote:Though they may not represent the real counterparts that well, it is still fun.
Then maybe you should take a step away from your computer screen and into the real world . . .

Don't take it too harsh... Some people doesn't like muscle cars at all, so you could expect this.
I have heard the Mazduh and Honduh to mention a few...
Oh and I forgot, those poor bastard muscle cars are damn heavy, and that goes for the real world too, seems like Ford and Holden are competiting on having the heaviest cars.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

boganbusman wrote:

Don't take it too harsh... Some people doesn't like muscle cars at all, so you could expect this.
I have heard the Mazduh and Honduh to mention a few...
Oh and I forgot, those poor bastard muscle cars are damn heavy, and that goes for the real world too, seems like Ford and Holden are competiting on having the heaviest cars.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I'm getting angry now.:x

Don't say anything else until you have watched the movie.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Have a look at The Fast and Furious 2 where the Evo beats the Chev.

But no matter, tell you what, pass me that Bullitt movie and I will gladly have a look at it.

In case you are wondering, my motto is: "If it ain't a rotor, it ain't a motor" ;)
GioDeR
Drift King
Drift King

Post by GioDeR »

I am not the biggest fan of muscle cars....but theres a couple i like:
Attachments
s_h_le1.jpg
Starsky & Hutch Ford Torino
(84.88 KiB) Downloaded 3680 times
Chevrolet Camaro -68 001 (Small).jpg
The -68 Camaro
(32.25 KiB) Downloaded 3680 times
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

heh Starsky and Hutch ford . . . interesting :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Sweeper wrote:Have a look at The Fast and Furious 2 where the Evo beats the Chev.
That is possibly the worst car movie ever made.
Sweeper wrote:But no matter, tell you what, pass me that Bullitt movie and I will gladly have a look at it.
Yeah
I'll just chuck it an envelope and send it over . . . as if.
Sweeper wrote:In case you are wondering, my motto is: "If it ain't a rotor, it ain't a motor" ;)
WTF?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

LOL you guys are funny...

ooh damn I forgot... this is not a place for me to post...

nothing here for me
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Ive only just noticed this 'discussion' :lol:

Ok, where to start...
And there is no such thing as Japanese Muscle. Just rice
Wrong on so many counts its unfunny. 'Muscle' is a generic term for a car based on high displacement and large amounts of torque. Typically from 70s era America. The Supra and Skyline are just as much a muscle car as any American V8 made from 1980 onwards. The RX7 isnt, because it lacks any real amount of torque. Also, call it rice all you want, but it will rip the steaming weewee out of approx 90% of muscle cars ever made, stock for stock. You can call me whatever you want as my car spools up and goes past you, just remember that name and call me it when I slow down for you, ok?
boganbusman wrote: Don't say anything else until you have watched the movie.
Bullit, just like 2F2F, is a movie. By being a movie, it is fictitious in that it does not portray accurately the contents within. Thats not to say it doesnt contain facts, but that these facts are distorted by the director to give a mood/feel. In Bullit, the Mustang was made out to be better than it was, because like Steve Mcqueen, it was the star of the film. Gone in 60 seconds is another example of this, with 'Eleanor' the Shelby being made out to be extremely fast. (Although the fact its close to topping out at 140mph clearly disproves this.) 2F2F is a different kind of example. The director cannot favour the domestics too heavily, as the imports need to win. But alternatively, he cannot favour the imports, as its the domestics the characters are after. Thats not saying it is factual in any way, as personally I find the idea that any moderately tuned Evo 7 on laughing gas would have trouble keeping up with any muscle car with 425bhp insulting.

Moral of the story kids?

Dont listen to films for car knowledge. Dont listen to games for car knowledge. Dont listen to your friends for car opinions. Dont form an opinion on a car until youve seen its capabilities, and if possible, driven it yourself. Oh, and keep an open mind. :wink:
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

You saved me time having to sit pointing out Grez, thanks.
Just one comment on the RX-7, It really turns "muscles" when it gets a port fixing, such as a Peripheral Port (Very high idle RPM) but it can gain a lot of performance.
Somewhat similar to a cam change on a piston engine.
But from stock, it isn't a muscle designed car, it basically a car for cruising around and enjoyment, with some speed potential.

You just got to love 20B PP engines ;)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

I wouldnt consider an RX7 with a 13B anywhere close to muscle. It has the speed to keep up with muscle cars, yes. But the real fun in an RX7 is the high revving engine. It needs high revs to get any decent power from the engine.

The 20B, well, thats a different story really. :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Grez wrote:In Bullit, the Mustang was made out to be better than it was, because like Steve Mcqueen, it was the star of the film.
In case you didn't know, the whole car chase scene in Bullitt was 100% real. The car was stock, and no special effect were added. That is why I used this example.
Grez wrote:The Supra and Skyline are just as much a muscle car as any American V8 made from 1980 onwards.
How do you figure?
I don't know about you but have never seen a stock Supra or Skyline with a V8. Now you will say that it doesn't need a V8 to be muscle. Well in most peoples opinion it does.

Just because a Jap car might be faster than a muscle car, that doesn't mean it has muscle.
flatblacksleeper
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flatblacksleeper »

71 Dodge Dart Sport, i saw one at the El Toro Muscle car show about 2 years ago........it had a hemi a 4 series i think, he calimed 600, what a sexy car.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

boganbusman wrote:In case you didn't know, the whole car chase scene in Bullitt was 100% real. The car was stock, and no special effect were added. That is why I used this example.
And in case you didnt know, its still a film, not a documentary. Certain views/shots of the car are used to give a better effect. So nice try, but no cigar ;)

How do you figure?
I don't know about you but have never seen a stock Supra or Skyline with a V8. Now you will say that it doesn't need a V8 to be muscle. Well in most peoples opinion it does.
Here is something I got from a dictionary site:
muscle car

1)A term usually assigned to mid-sizd, American cars produced in the mid 60's to mid 70's with oversized engines and light chassis.

2) Any rear-whel drive car made to go fast.
So lets see.

Nothing is mentioned of a V8 engine, only one with large displacement.

Note the word 'usually' is used when talking of the term. That means that there are differences. Make of that what you will.

There is no mention that the cars have to be of a certain origin, just that they are usually American.

Note the era of the 60s and 70s are used. After looking on a number of description, they all conclude this. So not only is my car as much of a muscle car as say, a 98 Camaro SS, but so is an Austin Allegro.

But by all means, keep using your delluded term of muscle cars. Say what you want, but you have a very narrow mind on this subject, and the only thing it will lead to is a look of astonishment on your face when an Import absolutely destroys you down the 1320.

Return to “The Cars”