Game hang when play online button press

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

Yes, it crached just like you said it crashed in yours, it wouldn't let me go to the desktop or anything so I had to power off and restart the PC, then when the firewall asked me if speed.exe could use the net it didn't crash but it did take me outside of the game, the firewall makes the application pause when it is the first time its going to access the web, just for security.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

try do do what i said earlier. log in, play game, then connect to go online. that fixed it for someone overhere.
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

yep, that way worked for me and now I can play online without any problems, too bad I didn't try that for 2 days I was wasting.
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

_I3ulNlouT_ ---> hmmm as u said it works for u , but please tell me more detailed. I HAVENT ANY FIREWALL on my comp [no Outpost or Zonealarm or any others] How should i do ? First play single player then exit to main menu and click Play Online ? Sory thats all cos my english is weak :{

btw as i good suppose if i want play onine i must create account ? Is it in online menu inside ?
Jax
Stock
Stock

Post by Jax »

Hi, I too have this problem of the game hanging when I press "online". The only way to turn off the pc is to pull the plug. I was able to play online without any problems until I had installed a NIC on my pc. I belive this is what is causing the problem.

Using the tool "Need For Speed Underground_EZ.exe" which is found in your support folder (in NFSU folder) it tells me that my "network" points to my NIC instead of my USB ADSL MODEM. I think it is basically poor programming on EA's part. Because I am unable to alter any "ONLINE" settings it seems NFSU is trying to use my NIC card to connect instead of my ADSL MODEM thus causing the unrecoverable hang.

Is there a .ini file or possibly a register entry which can be altered so that NFSU uses the ADSL MODEM instead? If anyone has the same set up as me i.e has a NIC card, and is able to play this game online please stand up!

P.s Yes I did try reinstalling, yes I was playing online with the latest patch prior to installing the card, and yes I have tried playing the game then trying to connect online, and no it's not a firewall problem. And no, removing the NIC is not an option :)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

call EA hotline? Anyonw tried that? lol
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

calling to EA support ? LOL :P

Jax ---> u wrote that u were able to play online until u installed NIC. NIC is -as far as i know - network card. So how were u able play online [internet game] before installing your network card ???

PS . i made yesterday second test. I plug off my cable from net card and launched nfs , played some , and plug cable to card when i was in menu.But still hang :{
Jax
Stock
Stock

Post by Jax »

I have a USB ADSL MODEM which I use to access the net and this is what I used to play NFSU online. I then installed a Network card which I use to connect to another computer (LAN). When I installed the card, NFSU started hanging when trying to connect online. Out of interest, when you run the support program (stated in my previous post), what do you see under "NETWORK" tab?
mattin
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mattin »

in EA tool from support folder i get correct information about my net card [ D-Link DWL-520+ Wireless Adapter]
nixhex
Stock
Stock

Post by nixhex »

So has anyone actually got this working??????? im trying to figure it out??? Still as soon as i click online .... Computer Hangs... !
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

the way it got fixed with me was by...
Starting the game,
Going into Quick Race, started 1 race,
Went back to main menu
Clicked on Race Online, and it worked...

The thing was that my firewall for some reason wasn't asking me wether or not to allow NFSU to use the internet, which is supposed to do everytime NFSU changes due to a patch or if its the first time its run, so if you have a firewall such as ZoneAlarm disable it or do what I did...
nixhex
Stock
Stock

Post by nixhex »

thanks I3ulNlouT_ however the problem is that i dont have any firewall or anything to stop it from getting out or getting in??? running xp and was working a couple of weeks ago now well it has just stopped working... i really do think that im going to have to chat to ea and pay the $1,000,000 per second rate.

let me know if anyone has had any positive response if they did have this odd hanging problem...

I did try the option of doing 1 race then going to online however it didnt work >> bugga....
don_toretto
Stock
Stock

Post by don_toretto »

Hey peoples...

I had the same problem where it would crash when i clicked to play online..
I figured it out, (well it worked for me), i had a program called NetLimiter installed.
I uninstalled it, fixed.

hope that helps, i know whats its like not to be able to play a game in peace..
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

EA hotline????? i didnt know that exists.... but yea i have sygate personal firewall and u gotta allow speed.exe to access the internet everytime u patch it like with patch #4

Return to “Help & Support”