Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Or maybe it will be possible to autosculpt the aftermarket rims too...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

EAcomSmoothie wrote:> so smoothie is NFSCarbon gonna be online for PS2????
> im not expecting to getta answer so suprise me on
> this one

Um, why wouldn't you expect to get an answer?

Oh, and you'll find out in about week or so.
I think this confirms somehow that the online details will be revealed next week.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

lol. everything with smoothie is always "next week" , "next month" or the infamous "soon"

but smoothie does lives up to his name and does reveals the goods.

bug him more with questions and he'll reveal the goods in bundles.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

No, he wont.

btw, it was said before by those who went to the community day that they cant reveal any of the online details untill Sept. 15th, so i guess this confirms it.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Any predictions for the internet play? I think it will probably include the Canyon Duels and normal circuit/sprint races.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

prince1142003 wrote:If EA wants to, they can have an expansion pack for all I care. There will be a Collector's edition with 3 extra cars, and I'm assuming it'll be one new car for each class. So in a way there will be something to look forward to.

Deviating from the topic here, I just noticed that the EA released picture of the 2006 Eclipse GT has the car wearing 5Ziegen Rims. That confirms that aftermarket rims will be available in Carbon, they just won't be Autosculpt-compliant. There will be only one style of rims that is Autosculpt-compliant. I hope EA hasn't applied this concept to other car parts as well.
that has been known since... allways. about the autosculpt thing, if i remember correctly i think they said there will be alot of base rims to start from.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

does anyone know if there are only 4 opponents for current gen like ps2 and 8 for next gen like xbox360? or is there 8 opponents for all?
Trapez
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Trapez »

There will be much more rims available for autosculpting. It was shown in that short movie with Subaru. There were like at least 5-6 and probably more different rims to play with 8)

Edit: Fishwhiz --> AFAIK OldGens will have only 4 cars per race. PC and next gens will have 8.
Last edited by Trapez on 12 Sep 2006, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

nfs-planet lets out new info..... 5.1 Surround Sound
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

It has been posted before.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

where? if so wouldn'y it have been in the news?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Fishwhiz wrote:where? if so wouldn'y it have been in the news?
You can find it a few pages back, i'll post it later with some new updates (regarding the same audio subject).
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Trapez wrote:Edit: Fishwhiz --> AFAIK OldGens will have only 4 cars per race. PC and next gens will have 8.
As far as I'm concerned PCs are still considered current-gen. Only Xbox 360 and PS3 will get next-gen features, including the 8 cars.

Unless I'm missing an official word regarding 7 opponents on the PC.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Leftos wrote:Unless I'm missing an official word regarding 7 opponents on the PC.
Yes.

It has been said in an interview, and btw, PCs are always update-able, so what goes for the X360 version, you will usually find on the PC version as well.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

I stand corrected. I guess that EA's approach to the PC regarding the rest of its line-up for this year had put me off before reading that interview.

I'll be glad to see Carbon going next-gen on the PC, in both terms of graphical and gameplay features.

P.S. 49 days left...
!N$4N3
Banned

Post by !N$4N3 »

PCs will NEVER, I mean, NEVER be current-gen, they are always one step further than any console. Of course, having a better high-end computer costs, but then again, I have one and I'm happy. And BTW, Trapez, it's current gen, not old gen! ;)
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

!N$4N3 wrote:PCs will NEVER, I mean, NEVER be current-gen, they are always one step further than any console. Of course, having a better high-end computer costs, but then again, I have one and I'm happy. And BTW, Trapez, it's current gen, not old gen! :wink:
Thats true, they will always be one step forward because PS2 games are done in PC, the only reason why some companys don't release their game to pc is that they want u to spend money on buying a ps2 or x-box or whatever...PC's will never be forgotten...But for example "PS2" will...so Leftos...Don't ever say that again U hear because i will **** you ** you *********** (I went crazy there :D sorry)
EDIT : I got my comp 2.4gzh 512mb P4 and a good 128mb graphics card for £50, hanked the best from Ebay (by the way i upgraded my Graphics Card to 256 for £170 :shock: )
EDIT2: who the hell added the price £300...could u plz not do that again!
Last edited by HouseMD93 on 14 Sep 2006, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
User deactivated:
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

I have an Athlon 64 3700+, 2GB RAM, 7600GT. So I think my computer will be more than capable to run Carbon no matter the graphics.

I never even implied PCs are current-gen. Even the highest-end consoles go old-gen after some months, once better hardware is released for the PC.

However, the treatment PC gaming is taking so far, is less than acceptable as far as next-gen goes. If you except games such as Oblivion, GRAW or Tomb Raider: Legends, we haven't seen many next-gen games on the PC. And game developers are constantly looking for excuses to keep next-gen out of the PC gaming scene. And it sounds fair to me. Next-gen consoles are new, and gamers need a good reason to buy them. As long as some companies keep their games next-gen only on the consoles, people will buy even more consoles.

And apology accepted HouseMD93. You seem to have misunderstood my statement. I, myself, obviously, waste every last cent of the money I get to upgrading my PC. So I expect companies to bring games that can take advantage of my PC's power. I really hope Carbon will be one of them.

But you can find a lot, a whole effing lot of games that are still next-gen only on Xbox 360. That's why I was worried.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

HouseMD93 wrote:Thats true, they will always be one step forward because PS2 games are done in PC, the only reason why some companys don't release their game to pc is that they want u to spend money on buying a ps2 or x-box or whatever
Designing a PS2 game on a PC doesn't mean the PC is always a step forward, because there is no guarantee that it is working correctly on a PC. It's not specifically designed for it. You can design a game that offers awesome graphics and insert those textures using the PC, but that doesn't mean the PC is powerful enough.

The consoles are pretty much ALWAYS a step forward, but only at the RELEASE. By then, graphics cards are also developed again for the PC platform, thus making the PC better and better. Most PCs are still ''current-gen'', if you want to keep it next-gen, you'll have to keep buying the fastest graphics cards when they're released. Sadly, not many people actually can do this because it costs a lot of MONEY.

Now ontopic. :')
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Online feature presentation has been pushed by a week from the 15th to the 22nd.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

Electronic Arts Germany confirmed with today's release-list the release date of Need for Speed Carbon being on 2nd November 2006 for all platforms. Interestingly also for Wii and Playstation 3, the Wii console will be released in mid-November and Sony's Playstation 3 will even come not before 2007 in Europe.
Apart from that we can expect this date can be taken seriously, since the game will be released for most platforms already on 31 October in the USA.
From NFS-Planet
and also a NFS C: Emmanuelle Vaugier Teaser Video Here
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Wait so....has the Wii's Console released date been stated yet?
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

No, but read this quote from the following site:
Nintendo is expected to announce Wii launch date and pricing this Thursday and Friday, September 14 and 15.
Source: http://www.wii-release-date.com/
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

nfsc is going to be best for playing on pc! 8)
Trapez
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Trapez »

!N$4N3 wrote: And BTW, Trapez, it's current gen, not old gen! ;)
Sorry if I tuched sombody's feelings ;)

Shame that the online presentation is delayed, I was hoping for some new about PC demo. Well, we have to wait, again :/

Return to “Carbon”